Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MLB Discussion Thread

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: 2013 MLB Season Thread

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

You know your team's doing when they're still right behind the team getting crushed by the Astros.

EDIT- The Onion poll wasn't up when I posted for some reason.....

I agree with New York, Texas and Washington.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Quote Originally Posted by Michele Bachmann View Post
    Every state that isn't blue on this map is wrong.
    (Patron of Lord Rahl)

Quality game between the O's and Giants last night. Hard to make a complaint against Tillman, guy went eight solid innings with 9 K's and surrendering one run on four hits. Only gripe I have is the O's offense didn't produce more run support, game wouldn't have needed extras if they'd done that.

Shazbot's Avatar grant woodgrain grippin

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=29590703&c_id=sf#

Like, Jesus Christ. This is the first complete game I've watched of Davis, and man can that guy hit. He looks like he could legitimately break 60 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazbot View Post
    http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=29590703&c_id=sf#

Like, Jesus Christ. This is the first complete game I've watched of Davis, and man can that guy hit. He looks like he could legitimately break 60 this year.
    His homers have tailed off a bit after the All-Star game, since he's only clocked 5 HRs in twenty-something games. He's got a legit chance at 50-55 HRs, but unless he starts on a tear like he did at the start of the season, he probably won't get 60. Jones and Hardy have been stepping it up, and if Davis gets his groove back, the O's might be dangerous down the stretch.

Publius Clodius Pulcher's Avatar Senator

Hmm, so I think that perhaps this Yu Darvish fellow can throw a baseball adequately.

And by that I mean Yu Darvish is the ing BOMB. Only problem is that the Astros are a bunch of a-holes, breaking up a perfect game and a no hit bid, plus breaking up Perez's complete game shutout the other night in the 9th as well.

Rest in Peace Smokin Levon Helm

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Damn Astros, they should be more like the Rays...........
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

Well, Soriano is disgustingly amazing right now. A-Rod can burn in hell for all I care. I'm actually mortified by these Yankee fans who booed A-Rod but suddenly love him again because he's producing. I would gladly see him suspended right now for his actions, as long as MLB cracks down on all these other steroid using s. He tried to tamper with evidence and gave up other players to save his own behind, and deserves a minimum of 211 games, if not more.

The Yanks are surging, though, and just picked up Reynolds who is a beast in Yankee Stadium, hitting a third of his homers last year against the Yankees. It's gonna be a greta close race for the wildcard and AL East between Boston, Baltimore, Tampa and us. I hope NY and Tampa gets in, because I have a ton of respect for the Rays organization, doing what they do with a minuscule payroll. The fans on the other hand are often terrible, complaining that the Yankees have all this money, but refusing to actually go to the games and see such a great organization play.

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    The Yanks are surging, though, and just picked up Reynolds who is a beast in Yankee Stadium, hitting a third of his homers last year against the Yankees. It's gonna be a greta close race for the wildcard and AL East between Boston, Baltimore, Tampa and us. I hope NY and Tampa gets in, because I have a ton of respect for the Rays organization, doing what they do with a minuscule payroll. The fans on the other hand are often terrible, complaining that the Yankees have all this money, but refusing to actually go to the games and see such a great organization play.
    Rays do what they do mostly because of their excellent farm system, plus a large majority of their players are loyal to the organization, not just the money.

TBH, I think the O's hit their high-water mark between June-July. They've never held a record higher than 14 games above .500, their offense has stagnated with Davis' overall production levelling off, and their pitching is scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of team ERA. They'll be fortunate to hold 3rd in the AL East, because they can never find a groove and ride a 9-10 game winning streak, which teams like the Blue Jays and Astros have managed to achieve with worse records.

The Yankees' season will be decided in the next two weeks. After the Blue Jays, the homestand is:

3 vs. Orioles
    3 vs. White Sox (should be a reprieve, and these are must-win games to keep pace against a bad team)
    4 vs. Red Sox

Then:
    4 @ Orioles
    3 @ Red Sox

Out of their next 17 games, 14 are against the teams ahead of them in the standings. Then we have an easy ending to the season (3 @ Blue Jays, 3 vs Giants), 3 home against the Rays which may or may not be the decisive series for the second wild card spot, and then the final 3 @ the Astros.

I have a feeling by the end of the Red Sox series that we'll know whether or not the Yankees have what it takes to at least sneak into the WC playoff. My hopes are high... I'm cautiously optimistic with the team finally as healthy as it's been all year.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
    The Yankees' season will be decided in the next two weeks. After the Blue Jays, the homestand is:

3 vs. Orioles
    3 vs. White Sox (should be a reprieve, and these are must-win games to keep pace against a bad team)
    4 vs. Red Sox

Then:
    4 @ Orioles
    3 @ Red Sox

Out of their next 17 games, 14 are against the teams ahead of them in the standings. Then we have an easy ending to the season (3 @ Blue Jays, 3 vs Giants), 3 home against the Rays which may or may not be the decisive series for the second wild card spot, and then the final 3 @ the Astros.
    With how up-and-down the O's have been the last month and a half, those seven games should make all the difference right there. It wouldn't be at all surprising, the O's pitchers have been playing uninspired ball all season, only thing that's needed is for them to have 2-3 'off' days and the Yanks are in. Baltimore's upcoming series with Boston doesn't look like it'll be shaping up too well.

Matt Harvey needs TJS, next season already over, dreams are crushed, much beer needs to be imbibed.

Patronized by the mighty Heinz Guderian

The Burg was rocking tonight, Lirano was nasty. A long shot but rooting for da Pirates to come out of the NL.

Cuteo literally dropped the ball tonight.................

Edit: This has been some great playoff baseball so far, Big Papi with a slam in the 8th, amazing, pitching up this point has been lights out. No Giants but still great games.
    Last edited by Scipio Afracanis; October 15, 2013 at 08:48 PM.
    1962, 1989, 2002

Angrychris's Avatar Primicerius

Dodgers are fighting hard but just to many injuries. Would of been opposite if both teams were healthy. Hope beltrans gets beaned.

Leave it to the modder to perfect the works of the paid developers for no profit at all.

For a team that spent all that money and was picked early and mid season to go to the WS, that celebrates like they just won game 7 everytime they get a hit or anything for that matter, No Get out of jail card for them. If they end up losing with the best postseason rotation, multiple all stars/MVP candidates it will be an epic choke job. And stay that way till they win a few rings. Step up or your just another Yankee wanna be(better results than LAA and what they spent and ditto for NY) team that pays the big bucks and still loses.

and Redsox win the WS!

Congrats and thank you for beating St. Louis.

Big Papi hitting video game numbers. The flying Hawaiian Victorino breaking it open. Great series.
    Last edited by Scipio Afracanis; October 30, 2013 at 10:52 PM.
    1962, 1989, 2002

Roy Halladay retires at 36 and signs a one-day contract with the Blue Jays.

Is he a Hall of Famer?

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

Roy Halladay retires at 36 and signs a one-day contract with the Blue Jays.

Is he a Hall of Famer?
    First ballot? probably not, but I believe he is a hall of famer.

Hmmm.... The MLB thread is always so quiet. 4 pages over a whole season does not inspire confidence. Anyway, apparently M. Young is considering retirement. I still don't understand why the Yanks don't want him. He's a solid, veteran, low-priced bat who can play all infield positions, which is a huge plus for the Yankees one weakness. They already broke the $189 million cap, so why not spent an extra $2-3 million to get Young?

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

Hmmm.... The MLB thread is always so quiet. 4 pages over a whole season does not inspire confidence. Anyway, apparently M. Young is considering retirement. I still don't understand why the Yanks don't want him. He's a solid, veteran, low-priced bat who can play all infield positions, which is a huge plus for the Yankees one weakness. They already broke the $189 million cap, so why not spent an extra $2-3 million to get Young?
    I don't think the Yanks needed to sign Ellsbury or Beltran. McCann we needed, Tanaka we needed to take a chance. I just want them to get younger, not sign players that are 30+ or on the cusp of turning 30.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast