Default Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Sorry, I can't find any.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

If you keep dying there are plenty of god mode mods on the Witcher Nexus, allowing you to enjoy the story without the frustration of being killed by the same monster.

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Console I'm afraid.

And I don't want to cheat my way through the game, i just feel like I don't have the urge to play through and I'm not being my normal tedious self when it comes to saving the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

No multiplayer in 3rd

Very pleasant news.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Sample of Witcher 3 music.

I like it.

https://soundcloud.com/ifrit30/witcher-3-music
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus the Virus View Post
    No multiplayer in 3rd

Very pleasant news.
    indeed !!!
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

OH BOY!
    Quote Originally Posted by PGeo36 View Post
    Basically the point is the open world of Skyrim serves no purpose except to connect those way points on the map. Like he said aside from random encounters with wildlife there's nothing to the world. Heck Dragon Age had more unique random encounters between the points you fast travel between.
    I have to disagree with you on that, mate. The game provides 95 random world encounters. I will mention the ones i still remember:
    1) Random Dragon Attacks
    2) Random giant Vs Dragon battles.
    3) A damsel in distress that tells us that she escaped some bandits that had her captured and she adds the location on our map. We go there to kick arse.
    4) Different different fight scenarios. Animals vs hunters, Conjurer fighting bandits and what not. Random encounters with people who fight with us by addressing us "Milk Drinker".
    5) Oh also saw a mammoth fight a dragon.
    6) An Orc that talks about good death. Bastard is hard to kill without potions.
    7) Boethiah Calling event.
    8) Imperials Vs Stormcloaks and a mod really takes this to another level.
    9) A scavenger who loots bodies, no one does that except me.
    10) "Miaq" is tired of typing now, go ask someone else..

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus the Virus View Post
    It isn't. Had ridcoulous lag at some points when I played it, was hard to deal with as well.
    I felt the same way, bro and almost thought that i will never get to play witcher 2 on my rig. But i downloaded\upgraded to EE version after a wait of one year and not reading any spoiler. It had 2 patches as well 3.1 and 3.2. So i recently finished this game in march on extreme settings, it was epic. Ended it 7 times even on dark mode and it has been one of the best games i have played in my life. I would talk more but don't wanna bore you. Remember my comments on your game albums?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Also, what about the alternate choices and endings Withcer 2? How will this be portrayed in Withcer 3?
    I think it will have the option it had in witcher 2 or the one Mass effect uses, that is import of old saves from the previous version. Otherwise the default storyline of their choosing. In witcher 2 saves really didn't had any impact except the mention of Adda, interaction of knights if we took the side of siegfried. But i remained neutral in first. And lol still remember zoltan's dialogue when the final chapter begins: "****ing order of the ****ing rose" And lastly the special armour & swords (moon blade) we had in witcher 1, although it becomes useless pretty quickly if we don't use armour enhancements, it had 3 slots iirc.

Anyways TW 2 saves have plenty of things worth importing in TW 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry X View Post
    I bought the Witcher 2, but haven't played it since the prologue. I just keep dying in that infernal forest and don't have the urge to play it.

Give me a reason! Make me want to play the game again! Preferably without spoiling any of the plot.
    You have to play it! Restart it again. And do a couple of things:
    1) Move out of the camp and talk to a soldier. A complete interaction will give you some money that will be useful ahead.
    2) Then move a little forward were 3 strong mercs are talking. They ask about a medallion, there are 3 options. But take that medallion. Very useful if playing dark mode.
    3) Then kill that guy on the wall Count Etcheverry with the ballista. Right angle is 1.5 iirc and you have to use the keyboard. Manual aiming with mouse is flawed.
    4) Then go in the siege tower and the king will address his soldiers:
    "Where the **** we headed?" To Battle!
    "What the **** do we want?" VICTORY!
    LOL. In a few moments i was hooked.

Now before venturing into the forest. You need to spend some money on armour. Now if you didn't use a witcher 1 save then you won't have moonblade. Meaning you lose your silver sword. And without that venturing into the forest in complete suicide. You need that silver sword! To get that there are 2 ways. Either you find a diagram that shows how to make it. This diagram can be found near a chest when you disembark, so make sure you pick it up. When all the stuff is gathered have a smith forge it for you. Or you could simply purchase the sword from a merchant but that's no fun. If you want to make the blade then you need money & specific items which we gain by looting (so make sure to clear each house in prologue) and there are plenty of flotsam quests that can get you money. Also remember in prologue you slap a priest so before going ahead with king foltest head a little back in a basement like room. It has a book for nekkers, very important! Now Go PLAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Chlοë View Post
    If you keep dying there are plenty of god mode mods on the Witcher Nexus, allowing you to enjoy the story without the frustration of being killed by the same monster.
    No Cheating!

@beck
    Saved the track on my drive. Thanks bro.

Anyways really excited to see so much of tw3 is already done by developers and open world sounds excellent to me. Btw the regions mentioned in the info are not known by me. Can someone explain where these regions are? Preferably if there is a map for it somewhere. I mean i know a bit of map. Northern kingdoms Temeria, Redania, Kaedwen and empire being on the south and zerrikania being in the east where azar javed came from. But in his quest against the wild hunt where is our arse kicking hero headed now? Into the Nilfgaardian empire? Novigrad capital of empire? Skellige etc all parts of south? Is there some sort of map available online?

Content Emeritus

Ishan did you see the latest screens and video posted on PC Gamer?

Here are two new videos

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/06/10/...meplay-trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=2HGhm0H7d68

It's going to be epic!

P.S I don't like how the armor is so tight but anyway..

Geez, give him an eyepatch and take away the braid and he'd pass as an old Solid Snake/Naked Snake from Metal Gear Solid 4 on first glance.
    In any case, it looks great so far.
    Last edited by Tankfriend; June 11, 2013 at 09:53 AM.

@legio
    Nah man i can't watch videos due to slow connection. Have to wait a few weeks till i get a good net connection.

Anyways i want to ask you guys a few questions. I found the map for witcher's world on my own. Here's the full map:
    http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../World_map.jpg
    And i cut out a part of it to discuss about the areas that will be in witcher 3. According to info they say there will be 3. Skellige Islands, Novigrad and No man's land. Now i can't find the last area mentioned by the devs so i'm hoping it's named something else on map i have. I'm trying to imagine the new open world by keeping these 3 regions in mind. Here have a look at it:

So in between Novigrad and the Skellige Islands i see a forest region named Brokilon so can it be the no man's land they're mentioning? Like a certain area which Geralt can't enter until he's like well trained and leveled up? Perhaps they have high leveled monsters or elves etc hiding in the forest that makes the area inaccessible as in suicidal to enter in the beginning of the game? And i drew a circle to speculate what else could be in TW3's open world. I see Oxenfurt, perhaps we can see our friend Kalkstein again?

So any theories?
    Last edited by Ishan; June 13, 2013 at 05:11 PM.

Content Emeritus

I think that when they say no man's land they just mean the area between opposing sides of the conflict (Nilfgaard and the Northern Kingdoms), so the burned villages, corpse-littered battlefields etc. I don't know if 'No Man's Land' is an actual place name, I think it's being used to refer to desolation created by war.

Yes you're most probably right. And i can't recall correctly but when witcher 2 ends we see a video where:
    Spoiler for Witcher 2 story
    Nilfgaardian scots etc come and slay a peasant and we see several ships and the emperor's army disembarking.

So from the map can it be Cintra? Or the 3 fortress shown Nastrog, Rozrog, Bodrog. If so then the clash between nilfgaard and northern kingdoms most likely seems again in brokilon forest. If the map is that big then plenty of regions and places of interest are also there i hope. It will make the game epic.

Content Emeritus

Yeah, poor guy

Well, with the Steam weekend sale I got both The Witcher, and The Witcher 2. Now I will probably have to get this one as well...

Content Emeritus

I am so happy that you got them! Let us know how you like it.

Ishan what do you think the difference will be if
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

if you have Iorveth alive and well or wounded at the end of 2? I want a strong Scoia'tael

Quote Originally Posted by Chlοë View Post
    Yeah, poor guy
    We shall rip their arses! Grrr!

Edit:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Yeah there are a lot of factors like whether king henselt is alive or not. If Squirrels are strong perhaps they're asked for help or geralt convinces them to help against the empire? No idea really.

A short impressions video

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/06/13/...nt-impressions

It says the world is bigger than Skyrim.

Great video.

I'm beggining to hold my breath for this game. Looks like CD Projekt is not clueless at all at designing open world games. They seem to recognize the main flaws in Skyrim and have good ideas on how to fix them.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

I still don't know what these flaws are that CDPR has promised to fix. Something about it being mostly empty or not enough content, but then they say it's much larger? I'm still going to have to see it in person before I believe it.

The horse riding looks significantly better, more like RDR. That was the main problem I had with Skyrim's open world.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince