Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Make Tomb Kings Unroutable

Default Re: Make Tomb Kings Unroutable

The balance of having an unroutable army could be compromised with slower movement, lower defenses and so forth. I don't expect anything but elite units from the undead to be comparable to the elite units of other factions. Also if the Tomb Kings are unable to ally any other faction (as it should be) then that would also help balance the incapability of their undead units to route.

My latter suggestion would make it workable to have locked_morale units balanced. When you are against every other living faction, then you'll need some sort of boon.

Edit:

@King - Oh no, it's illegal even if it's for free. You cannot do that legally and any such modification cannot be posted on these forums. This has been done through other mods and they were banned from here.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Ring View Post
    illegal if you take money for it and not crediting the original creators
    No. Illegal anyways. You can't edit the game code.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ethien View Post
    The balance of having an unroutable army could be compromised with slower movement, lower defenses and so forth. I don't expect anything but elite units from the undead to be comparable to the elite units of other factions. Also if the Tomb Kings are unable to ally any other faction (as it should be) then that would also help balance the incapability of their undead units to route.

My latter suggestion would make it workable to have locked_morale units balanced. When you are against every other living faction, then you'll need some sort of boon.

Edit:

@King - Oh no, it's illegal even if it's for free. You cannot do that legally and any such modification cannot be posted on these forums. This has been done through other mods and they were banned from here.
    skeletons should have a high resistance , slow movement and low attack

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinius View Post
    For the Tomb Kings? The necromancer who raised them died thousands of years ago in the Warhammer world, just after he raised them from the dead in fact. Even after Nagash's rebirth he could not control them again. The power he unleashed in his great summoning was so great that the undead in the Land of the dead survived even after Nagash died. This "necromancer problem" is not a problem, for it is not a consideration for the Tomb Kings forces.
    Seems like I was not as clear as I wanted to, sorry for that. I tried to point out the overall problem with undead due to the GAME ENGINE, not the lore. I know the main points about Tomb Kings, and about the Vampire Counts as well.
    Hierophants and Necromancers are not the same, but how do you represent their importance and the special rules in a Total War game??
    "No Rest until the Blood of Greenskins flows like Dark Ale upon the Earth!"

+++ Josef Bugman +++

what i suggest to you is to become a submoder and make a submod when Struggle for the Old World is released. We have TONS of stuff to do first, and nobody offering us effective coding support for all thoses tasks. I can even give you a name : Wrath of Nagash expansion

enjoy it

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Indefinitely Banned

you wanna add that campaign??

There is a campaign for the Old World with Tomb Kings in it : the suggestion will not be included by the team and you will have to add the thing yourself, TWmadman only suggested a name.

Thread closed as there is no longer debats.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    We have TONS of stuff to do first, and nobody offering us effective coding support for all thoses tasks. I can even give you a name : Wrath of Nagash expansion

enjoy it
    Well, that's not fair for Bela. He is helping a lot ^^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12