Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Game discussion (ooc thread)

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Default Re: Game discussion (ooc thread)

I'd think so, yeah.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Mors Vigilia View Post
    Stildawn, as the only active mod now, you'd better be ready to unleash the full wrath of the Papacy of Damien's character if his plan goes ahead. An Archbishop's actually naming himself King (somehow with the support of the majority of "supposedly learned" clergymen), the Pope's gonna want to put the kibosh on that big stylee.
    All he could do really was excommunicate, which wouldn't really do much.

or will we have a crappy "the pope doesnt like it so suddenly every other country thinks its a good idea to invade england now"?
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

I'm leaning towards Reggies response above... It depends on how he plays it, in regards to the clergy vote, he got a very fortunate roll.

I wouldn't say the Pope would declare England a free for all, we've only got the one mod so that pretty much rules out multiple invasions anyway, but I believe I'm right in saying the only crowned clergyman is the Pope. It depends on how the Pope's being played, of course, but this could easily be construed as England being ruled by an Antipope That's gotta be cool for RP, right?
    Creative Writing: (Currently on hold)
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

At least hopefully the english nobles wouldnt like it and the clergy have no troops

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

Thats why I'm not keen to come in with a heavy hand in either direction, at the moment lets play it by ear and see what happens, thats always more exciting... It would depend greatly though on how people play it...

Stildawn, as the only active mod now, you'd better be ready to unleash the full wrath of the Papacy of Damien's character if his plan goes ahead. An Archbishop's actually naming himself King (somehow with the support of the majority of "supposedly learned" clergymen), the Pope's gonna want to put the kibosh on that big stylee.
    But then you are wrong about that also. Since the Pope at this time would support Pious Kings. Yeah so a Bishop has become King. But only for a few years maybe more. After all their is Divine right of Kings which I would assume that if a Archbishop wanted too could use that arugement. . So why cant a man of the cloth become King. And I am going to guess you never played Ck2 ?.

Besides why would the pope care ?. If the King in question is Pious and goes on Crusaders.. Why is that a bad thing. Why are you also trying to ruin my fun ". I mean if you want Ace to be King again..I guess that is also likely since he wants to go to war with me. Which I want to play out because English Civial wars are fun
    Manius Domitius Labeo- Tribune of the Plebs
    Marcelo Ferrington -Archbishop of England (( GSTK
    House Reyne - Lords of Catamere (( GOT ))

I wouldn't say the Pope would declare England a free for all, we've only got the one mod so that pretty much rules out multiple invasions anyway, but I believe I'm right in saying the only crowned clergyman is the Pope. It depends on how the Pope's being played, of course, but this could easily be construed as England being ruled by an Antipope That's gotta be cool for RP, right?
    Anti Popes are the best to play. I mean if you get Anti pope In Ck2.. You can Excommucate anyone you want which is also fun and cheap also. And then for some reason they keep on coming out even after the orginal dies lol. But its so fun to have a Antipope

And yes The chruch has a force.. Why would the church not have troops now when in other games they did ?

How is the pope not supporting you going to ruin your fun? You've just gone against the divine right of King Richard, and taken the throne for yourself (an elected clergyman), which goes against the medieval 3-tiered social hierarchy (those who fight, work and pray).

The Pope would be pissed off, because your allegiance as Bishop lies with the church. If you were to go "Lol pope i don't care i'm basically your vassal, England is mine."

He would only be not pissed off if you gave England to the Pope.

You seem to have mistaken this for a different game...
    Creative Writing: (Currently on hold)
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

Quote Originally Posted by René Artois View Post
    How is the pope not supporting you going to ruin your fun? You've just gone against the divine right of King Richard, and taken the throne for yourself (an elected clergyman), which goes against the medieval 3-tiered social hierarchy (those who fight, work and pray).
    But Richard is supposely dead and he had no heirs to take over the throne. And why does everyone keep forgetting that he only wants to become King until a new one is found and crowned. I mean I keep on saying that . No I mispoke its not going agaist my fun. In fact it might make things intresting. But yeah a suppose Dead King would lose his divine right to rule right ?. Since he is dead and has no heirs lol. But again I want to see how this pans out. Not sure what I want to do in the end though

Quote Originally Posted by Adamat View Post
    The Pope would be pissed off, because your allegiance as Bishop lies with the church. If you were to go "Lol pope i don't care i'm basically your vassal, England is mine."

He would only be not pissed off if you gave England to the Pope.
    Now that gives me a idea.. How wrong would it be if I decided to give England to the Pope ?. Like Here I have given this crown of england to you Holy father. now you are the rightful ruler of england ?

And All of this was your idea to begin with lol. You gave me the idea while back with something you said. But yeah I got to stop thinking this is Ck2

If you gave England to the Pope then he would probably be inclined to hand it to the claimant with the strongest claim, a little bit like he supported William de Normandie when he wanted to become King of England.

'Scuze me for the double post.
    Last edited by Adamat; February 28, 2013 at 03:00 PM.

Ace_General's Avatar Praeses

Holy Jesus, I just got named king, things about to get interesting
    Low speed, High Drag

Not a big deal, seeing as we currently have a bishop-king, De Vassy, Leicester and you.

All of that or the pope would just not care.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Damien View Post
    But Richard is supposely dead and he had no heirs to take over the throne. And why does everyone keep forgetting that he only wants to become King until a new one is found and crowned. I mean I keep on saying that . No I mispoke its not going agaist my fun. In fact it might make things intresting. But yeah a suppose Dead King would lose his divine right to rule right ?. Since he is dead and has no heirs lol. But again I want to see how this pans out. Not sure what I want to do in the end though
    What I'm saying is the divine right doesn't just come with the title, just when it's been inherited and proper lineage traced etc. Of course divine right and lineage never really comes into play that much here because it's more boring than fighting. On which note it should be said that definitely what you have done is unorthodox and pretty illegal (regent or guardian etc, of the throne yes, but full on king as a bishop? no no.) so you should fully expect pretty much every character to contest it.

Quote Originally Posted by René Artois View Post
    What I'm saying is the divine right doesn't just come with the title, just when it's been inherited and proper lineage traced etc. Of course divine right and lineage never really comes into play that much here because it's more boring than fighting. On which note it should be said that definitely what you have done is unorthodox and pretty illegal (regent or guardian etc, of the throne yes, but full on king as a bishop? no no.) so you should fully expect pretty much every character to contest it.

Which is what its going to make this a Load of fun to see what happens. Civial war in England and yeah its going to be fun and I would hate for it to be easy for me. In fact I would rather have a challege than it just being handed to me. But lets see what happens.. Who knows honesty because this could go either way. and now with another man not wanting Ace to be king. it could be a three way civial war for the throne of the England. Now that is really fun to see happen if you ask me.