Thread: AUH Sneak Peeks - Comments Thread

Default Re: AUH Sneak Peeks - Comments Thread

Great to see progress again !

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

Agree, phenomenal!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

LOL at the medieval English battle standards from MD2TW inside your Song-dynasty city. I get it, I get it, you're still developing everything! I just can't wait to see Song Chinese style silken banners fluttering in their place.

And mad respect to everyone still working on this project. I'll definitely have to play this mod ten times over when it's released.

xxxMoRaVexxx's Avatar Ordinarius

Wow! I didn't realized this mod is alive again! I think someone should make a sig about this so we can spread the word. This mod created a hype waaay back then but died down due to the mod's hiatus. Anyways, its great seeing you go back to your feet!
    Last edited by xxxMoRaVexxx; July 11, 2013 at 09:22 PM.

please check out ROTK mod for medieval 2 kigndoms, i am letting them know about this mod, maybe you can work together to make this into a sequel mod to theirs caouse i would love this one

I think that should release it soon on nextweekend

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

It's a shame that these mods take so long to make, but I have to say kudos to the small team who is managing it.

yeah that's true but i thought there was only one guy working on it right now and he has his hands full with his family right now (atleast that's what i've read last year)
    One of the three, a name split in two, one part is not here, the other is my account name.
    I am the beginning and end of all beings, of all life
    My breath is pure and live giving, Yin and yang were mine.
    The jade emperor was my apprentice, Now i am retired, leaving the rule of the world in his hands.

Who am i?

-Tianzong-

Still have my hands full, but making progress.

Check this out

Enjoy !

Libertus

Awesome to see there's still life in AuH, just awesome!

The images for the older preview threads are gone. Anyone able to fix it?

Apologies for that. The Dai Viet and Sneak Peek threads images have been re-uploaded.

Are you referring to the Tibet and Song previews ? I might be able to sort the Tibet one out. The Song was..... many years ago, and this faction will be getting a redux soon.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelü Dashi View Post
    Apologies for that. The Dai Viet and Sneak Peek threads images have been re-uploaded.

Are you referring to the Tibet and Song previews ? I might be able to sort the Tibet one out. The Song was..... many years ago, and this faction will be getting a redux soon.

Cheers.
    No worries about that, thanks for the reply!

It's a low priority for you I understand, my father recently got into Chinese (and to some extent, Central and East Asian history) and I wanted to forward over some material for him to read and these scrolls are nice and juicy.

Thanks for reuploading all the images

Regarding the Song, a lot of their preview images are still up on moddb: http://www.moddb.com/mods/all-under-...units#imagebox
    Maybe you can also upload some pictures of the Dai Viet preview to it, if you can move the whole AuH mod over to the "M2TW Kingdoms" - mods section I guess that might bring some more attention to it as I think quite some people are still active there.

Which of the Song units do you want to rework btw? I still think they look great maybe even perfect! I really dont see what you dont like about them

I almost died of happiness when I saw that there was updates for All Under Heaven! God is good indeed!

About the Song, while I'm curious what changes you have in mind, I have to agree that what you had posted before was absolute perfection in my eyes. The Song Dynasty is my absolute favorite time in history, and your work on it was incredible.

I don't like a lot about them - mainly because I feel that my modelling/skinning abilities improved somewhat in 5 years

However, there are lots of elements that could stay - some shield textures, weapons, some armour. I'd like to redo all face textures tho. I might find a way 'recycle' some of the Song units, for example there are a whole bunch of Chinese merc/rebel units that Coung Vu has detailed for us in the dev forum, some really unique units that are historically accurate. Also, both the Jin Dynasty, Xi-Xia and Kingdom of Dali would have had Han Chinese units, so maybe there is a home for them there to bump up their rosters.

Perhaps I'll preview - with a side by side comparison - my first Song Dynasty 'redux' unit, and let you guys decide if its an improvement or not ...?

Quote Originally Posted by Yelü Dashi View Post
    I don't like a lot about them - mainly because I feel that my modelling/skinning abilities improved somewhat in 5 years

However, there are lots of elements that could stay - some shield textures, weapons, some armour. I'd like to redo all face textures tho. I might find a way 'recycle' some of the Song units, for example there are a whole bunch of Chinese merc/rebel units that Coung Vu has detailed for us in the dev forum, some really unique units that are historically accurate. Also, both the Jin Dynasty, Xi-Xia and Kingdom of Dali would have had Han Chinese units, so maybe there is a home for them there to bump up their rosters.

Perhaps I'll preview - with a side by side comparison - my first Song Dynasty 'redux' unit, and let you guys decide if its an improvement or not ...?
    No doubt your skills have improved I just think new units should have a higher priority than reworking (already very good) older units. The face textures look IMO smooth and nice
    But yeah, would like to see that first reworked unit, maybe itll change my mind

edit: the only issue I see with some of the units are these black spots on alpha'd out stuff, but they are due to the engine not handling alphas very well I guess, though there should be some way to fix it as not all alpha'd out things have it (note this is somewhat hardcore nitpicking so its not important at all probably):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Correct, it surely has a pulse, though can't go for very long without having to sit down and have rest.

Any chance for a new sneak peek? :p

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast