Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Four More Factions!

Default Four More Factions!

Here we go guys. Four more factions to go. As I am not a huge expert in the Roman Era, I am interested to know what you guys think on the four factions. What do you think will be chosen?

Sherm's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Four More Factions!

Quote Originally Posted by theDaedricPrince View Post
    Here we go guys. Four more factions to go. As I am not a huge expert in the Roman Era, I am interested to know what you guys think on the four factions. What do you think will be chosen?
    There are dozens of topic about that if you look around

1. Ptolemaic Egypt
    2. Arverni
    3. Parthia
    4. Germanic Tribe

Add Pontus as a pre-order DLC faction.

Ptolemaic Egypt
    Bactria?
    Pontus
    Celtic/Germanic tribe

I was once an Angel of Total War Heaven, but gave up my wings for a life on the sea of battle.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

1. Ptolematic Egypt
    2. Seleucids or Parthia
    3. Gaullic Tribe (most likely the Arveni)
    4. Germanic Tribe (I've been looking for an iconic tribe that fought Rome, but nothing)
    Last edited by Jokern; February 02, 2013 at 05:25 AM.

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

He said 4 more factions not who the next 4 factions will be.

1.The major eastern faction that is going to be left out
    2.Dacia
    3.Iberian tribe
    4.????

An Irish tribe, a Scottish tribe, a Welsh tribe and the Saxons.
    The perfect choices for a British company (when thinking about all the Iceni-rants).

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Parthia.
    Ptolemaic egypt.
    Another barbarian faction.
    Seleucid Empire.

Kind of what I hope for. Makes the most sense. Especially considering that a minor barbarian tribe is included, a big one should be included too. There really arent enough slots.

Seleucid Empire: combination of phalanx, heavy cavalry including the legendary cataphracts, elephant etc. Seleucid is a must.

Arveni: Gallic wars was too important to be left aside.

Egypt: I must admit that beside their indecisive wars against Seleucid Empire, the Ptolematic didn't do much else. But it is so iconic that I'm quite sure CA will choose Egypt.

Parthia: the cavalry faction. From the gameplay's point of view, Parthia is unique.

Factions that IMHO are not important enough to make into the first release:

Bactria: some backwater state with very few connections to Rome

Germanic tribes: unlike the Gauls, Germans did not have much impact on the Republican Roman history. And they can still be used for the next expansion Barbarian Invasion 2.

Greek city states: most of them were small, feeble. Their golden age was long gone.

Gauls
    Germans
    Egypt
    Seleucids/Pontus/Armenia

Theres going to be at least 1 more barbarian tribe. Don't believe they would release only 1, that would just seem goofy. And I imagine they will have a Helenistic Empires of the East DLC.

Gaul, Germans, Seleucids, Parthia.

CA is known for putting playable factions together, and just a few separated.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBlast View Post
    He said 4 more factions not who the next 4 factions will be.
    Objection!

1. Seleucids
    2. Ptolemaic Egypt
    3. Dacia
    4. Germanic Faction

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Jokern View Post
    Objection!
    Objection noted, I`ve mixed up the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcani 4 Ever View Post
    1. Ptolemaic Egypt
    2. Arverni
    3. Parthia
    4. Germanic Tribe

Add Pontus as a pre-order DLC faction.
    I'd actually bet some money that it will happen like this.

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

Seeing how surprising the previous factions were, I don't really dare to predics that the other factions are going to be, but if I just take a look at what possible factions could be, I could make a list:

-Gaulic tribes: This is the one I'm most sure about is going to be in. As the most "steriotype barbarians" these are pretty much a must for a game about rome. Right?
    -Germanic tribes: After the Gauls probably the most important barbarian faction. Just as the Gauls, a really "steriotype barbarian" faction. But as I think the gauls are already in, the "steriotype barbarian" slot has already been filled, so I'm guessing they won't be in the game initially, but will be priority-DLC instead.
    -Egypt: Next to Carthage, the second african faction. A relatively big faction, and as said before, a very iconic one. Makes a good chance of being in. Otherwise high-priority DLC.
    Parthia: A factions based completely around horsearchers, and famed for their parthian shot. Only for their uniqueness, I think these have a high chance of being in.
    -Greek city-states: Besides not really being a true "faction", most of greece is already taken by Macedon. I don't think CA will put two playable factions to close to each other. Will probably be DLC though (If not just for Sparta )
    -Selucid Empire: Big faction. The heaviest cavalry around. Freaking Elephants. Need I say more? Located close to the parthians, sure, but probably important enough to be in. Next to gaul, this is the one I'm most sure about.
    -Pontus: Probably not big and well known by the common crowd enough to be a priority faction. Could very well be DLC, but I don't think it'll be in the initial game.
    -Dacia and Thrace: I'm taking these ones together because I'm pretty sure that if one of the them is going to be in the game, the other one won't (not initially, anyways). Both factions have been pretty troublesome for the romans, so they'd make good candidates. I don't expect them to be in the game at release, but I almost don't doubt at least one of these factions will be priority DLC.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

Comes Domesticorum

Why would Pontus be a bonus pre-order faction? Wouldn't a pre-order faction have to be one which is actually well-known?

Orcus's Avatar Civis

Gallic tribe
    Germanic tribe
    Ptolemaic Egypt
    Greeks

1. The Seleucid Empire (They have to be added, it's stupid that they're "too big")
    2. The Ptolemaic Empire (An iconic empire with loads of possible gameplay)
    3. Arverni (A good opponent to early Rome in Gaul.)
    4. Parthian Empire (To make it even harder to play the Seleucids.)

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|

Eofor's Avatar Domesticus

Personal ideal list for the remaining four factions:
    1. Parthia (We need a cavalry-based faction, and they occupy a place in the Middle East/Central Asia)
    2. Pontus (Interesting blend of Eastern and Hellenistic warfare and a challenging starting position, also needed to flesh out the Eastern Med)
    3. Germanic tribe (we need another "barbarian" faction and they'd have more differences from the Iceni than a Gallic tribe would)
    4. Unsure. An Iberian tribe, Scytho-Sarmatian tribe, or a Greek city state or alliance would all make good choices though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast