Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guild and Anar submod, plus many fixes.

Default Guild and Anar submod, plus many fixes.

Ok, here's the last (I hope...) version of my mini-submod:

Fixes
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- fixed Ellyrion's spy/assassin recruitment;
    - fixed Horse Lords recruitment;
    - fixed Horse Lords secondary weapon;
    - Ellyrion faction leader's bodyguard models now are Horse Lords and not Reaver Knights anymore, excepted the officers;
    - added traits to the princesses;
    - Anar and Tiranoc playable;
    - fixed White Lions recruitment;
    - fixed Caledor's purges.

Swordmiths Guild

- added the Swordmiths Guild for every faction;
    - Spearmen and seaguard give + 5 pt, elite infantry +10 or +15, Caledor units + 20, Dragon Lords + 50;
    - militias don't count.

Horse Breeders Guild

- added this guild to Ellyrion;
    - Scouts give + 5 pt, Silver Helms + 10, Reavers + 15, Horse Lords + 20.

Archers guild

- added this guild to Nagarythe, Anar, Avelorn, Chrace, Cothique, Yvresse, Eataine;
    - seaguard gives + 15 pt, higharchers + 10, elite archers +10/+15/+20;
    - militias don't count;
    - I don't know why, but many archer units always give 10/15 more points than what's written on the export_descr_guild, even if it's 0 points; it must be hardcoded I suppose, therefore I've set the guild tiers to higher values, so you shouldn't be able to get this guild too soon, but in line with the others.

Anar

- Anar are playable, their king's purse is now 3000 from 1500;
    - added Shadow Warrios and Shadow Walkers to the archers chain of buildings;
    - added libraries and Morai Heg temples, you can recruit Black Heralds from these;
    - you get Alith Anar at your first turn;
    - Anar's excommunication and conversion is in;
    - added the Son of Nagarythe trait to Anar generals.

Text

- added a campaign description to the Anar faction;
    - added my previous text fix for Jihad/CrusadeHistory and assassin's traits; now the JihadHistory traits also give a dread bonus instead of a chivalry one.

Conversion Victory Conditions

Since it was a bit silly to keep the old victory conditions after being converted (why kill Cultists and Nagarythe when you're supposed to be on their side now ?) I made a new script adding another condition, and now converted factions may also win by conquering 45 settlements.
    Please notice that the old victory condition doesn't disappear and it's still valid, you simply get a new one and victory/defeat depends by whichever is first accomplished: so, if you convert but Nagarythe and Cultists still get somehow destroyed you'll win the same.

Nagarythe custom titles

I've created and added two new hidden traits, BioMorathi and BioMalekith, that give them the epithets "the Hag Sorceress" and "the Witch King"; if they get another epithet you can regain their starting one by simply cheating, they don't anyway affect the character but for these epithets.
    I also shortened Nagarythe's faction leader title from "Druchii Sovereign" to "Sovereign", because it was imho too long and didn't allow the player to fully enjoy the leader's epithet. If you prefer it as it was before just don't download the expanded.txt.

Not save-game compatible; loading a game saved previously to these changes will almost surely cause a CTD. So, back-up !

All the attachments are updated; I'm always ready to give and take suggestions and advices. Remember that all my work is copyleft , and don't hesitate to edit it as you like.
    Oh, and please don't greet nor praise me, the only people here really worthy to be thanked are Kolwen, TWMadman, Arandir and all the other team's members for their wonderful work.
    Last edited by Sephiroth91; February 03, 2013 at 12:45 PM.

Default Re: Fixed Ellyrion and Anar playable

Apparently can't upload the export_building text file, it's too big.
    Last edited by Sephiroth91; February 02, 2013 at 09:54 AM.

Is this save game compatible? I wasn't aware of any issues with Ellyrion as I'm playing them currently. Of course I haven't reached the horse lords yet.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

No, you have to delete your map.rwm file and start a new game to see the changes in-game.

Good job mate, +rep!
    "No Rest until the Blood of Greenskins flows like Dark Ale upon the Earth!"

+++ Josef Bugman +++

I thought I wrote it but no, the export_descr_buildings isn't save compatible at all, damn. You can add the other files but not that, or it will crash when you load the old games.

I wasn't aware of any issues with Ellyrion as I'm playing them currently. Of course I haven't reached the horse lords yet.
    Ellryrion couldn't recruit spies and assassins nor Horse Lords; also Horse Lords didn't have the secondary melee weapon so they always fought with their lances (and sucked).

Oh shoot, it looks like I won't be using any amazing horse lords for my series then.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

Thanks mate!

Please i advice not to add any new building unless you add also icons, pics and descriptions. We cannot afford ourselves such work in addition on what we are doing atm.

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

^ Well, this is more like a beta, I've already added new guild types and will soon keep modding the Anars (traits, ancillaries, excommunication, balance).

Please i advice not to add any new building unless you add also icons, pics and descriptions. We cannot afford ourselves such work in addition on what we are doing atm.
    I'm not adding any new building; just the vanilla guild buildings with their original icons and descriptions, although these ones are sometimes messed up.
    Last edited by Sephiroth91; February 01, 2013 at 07:03 PM.

this will may will be a stupied question but does the Campaign script text file go in the data file with the others or in a different folder?
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

\The_Sundering\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt

Thank you

one thing guys, In my game a lot of images of the units info cards dont appear. Is this a problem of my instalation or is just that you havent made it yet?

^ The 2nd. I'm uploading now the ultimate versione of my submod.

will the culists be playable or not yet

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigorukia View Post
    will the culists be playable or not yet

You can get them easily by editing the descr_strat, but they're hardly an enjoyable faction.

Edited my first post, with the definitive versione of this.

Default Re: Guild and Anar submod, plus many fixes.

beware, giving archer guild to everyone can be dangerous.
    Some archers units are very powerful atm and some factions like Chrace already get a +2 missile attack bonus from Kurnous temples.
    This can make Chracian archers very overpowered.

Great job btw!

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    beware, giving archer guild to everyone can be dangerous.
    Some archers units are very powerful atm and some factions like Chrace already get a +2 missile attack bonus from Kurnous temples.
    This can make Chracian archers very overpowered.

Great job btw!
    That's why I set a threshold of 250 points only for tier 1: with 10 points from higharchers and 15 from the hunters you won't even get a tier 1 guil for a looong time.

Added new features as new victory conditions; updated the OP.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Cool submod Sephirot +rep

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwen View Post
    Cool submod Sephirot +rep

Well, now the only thing it lacks is a proper name . At the moment I'm considering "Sephi's submod" which frankly sucks, and to think it's the best I've managed to devise so far.......so, any idea ?

EDIT I've found the name, I think: Gold and Glory, a quote from a Malus Darkblade novel. Ok, there's not much gold and much glory in the Sundering, but it just sounds too well.
    Last edited by Sephiroth91; February 04, 2013 at 03:02 PM.
    In 'ur base, killing 'ur dudes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast