Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Baal's kickstart mod

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

Default Re: Baal's kickstart mod

The textures are, however, outstanding and quite beautiful.

So it was a net boon for me

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Yeah I'm not saying he should remove them. Just that it would be wise to add dl without the textures for people who already have them, since they are only thing really making it a big dl.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Uh.. ah now I understand you. I'll try to do one that doesn't have or need the textures to avoid others to have the same trouble Massive_attack had.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Citizen

Or just update the description to explain the exact requirements and installation. I'm just happy I can play CoW again.

Baal do the Night Goblins get the choice to ally the Orcs and Goblins? Haven't gotten it yet and I'm taking a hammering from all the dwarfs and humans attacking me. Then theirs the Orcs and Goblins themselves at my door waiting to attack I think.

Ummm not that I remember really.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Citizen

They should. Those factions always ally in my games. I've never played either so I have no way of knowing for sure what they do though

Hi Baal
    I want your mod rly badly
    but it doesnt work at all o.0
    I have Gigantus version with all patch(es) + quickfixes except the last one ( downloadlink seems dead o.0) - It works
    I put your mod in - doesnt start anymore
    I use Steam - dont think thats the problem though

Sigmar blaaaa
    crash

is this the Log ?
    Log
    06:38:24.125 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    06:38:24.125 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    06:38:24.140 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    06:38:24.140 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    06:38:24.140 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    06:38:24.140 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    06:38:24.140 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    06:38:24.140 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    06:38:24.156 [system.io] [warning] open: preferences/player.txt is missing
    06:38:27.187 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    06:38:27.203 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    06:38:27.203 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    06:38:27.218 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    06:38:27.218 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    06:38:27.218 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    06:38:27.218 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    06:38:27.218 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    06:38:27.218 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    06:38:27.218 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    06:38:27.218 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    06:38:27.218 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    06:38:27.218 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    06:38:27.218 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    06:38:27.218 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    06:38:27.218 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    06:38:27.218 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    06:38:27.218 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    06:38:27.218 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT

I am a noob in stuff like this
    But I have a big heart full of love for this game.....

Oh and PS
    do you know if this mod conflicts with these 2 great and much needed submods?
    Kahvi's mercenaries (New release 9.7.2013)

Revamped English Text

ohh and with this ? can I play that with your mod?

Druchii Expansion

Hi dude. It's really weird, just a few days ago I reinstalled my OS and had to reinstall everything from scratch and is all kind of fine. There's some kind of data lost there, the cursors says are missing. I don't know exactly what its going on there, did you make sure to install everything from Gigantus in the right order and right folders before this?

Yes I did it 2 times no I think even 3 times... always the same
    except the last quickfix - I can not do that cause I dont get to download it - his download link seems to be dead
    But that one has nothing to do with cursors

I Even tried it with both download versions of Gigantus
    they both work
    as soon as I put your mod ontop
    they dont start
    the Torrent one and the installer
    same
    Can it be that your file is corrupt ?
    I will redownload your mod
    and try again tomorrow
    I WANT THIS TO WORK DD

I'm downloading the mod from the page and I will install it on a fresh install to see if that happens to me. Thank, I'm really flattered.

I mentioned in Kahvi's Mercs thread but I thought I should put it here too, I got this submod to work with yours. I'll do some digging and upload the files somewhere.
    Thanks for this mod by the way its pretty awesome, I love it! Keep up the good work!

Alright I seem to be getting a random crash here and again the log says this:

20:49:08.303 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 1490, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(grimgorarmy) level(grimgorarmy_effects_desc).
    20:49:16.891 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.6 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs.
    21:12:55.481 [system.rpt] [error] Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!

Closing the gates to save our souls!

Obviously its related to grimgor army effects missing something, I'm just not sure what's wrong with it.

I had the same error and already fixed it. It was related to the descriptions of the effect, which is weird since is a hidden effect if I remember right. Well at least that seemed to be the cause.

Could you upload or explain what you did to fix it? For some reason TWC is being stupid and not letting me download files from her for some reason, but I am also getting the "grimgor army" crash

I'll upload it as soon I get home tonight (In about 10 hours)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    I'll upload it as soon I get home tonight (In about 10 hours)
    Thank you good sir, you are a scholar and a gentleman and I hope 20 people of your chosen sexuality come to you wanting to engage in coitus with you

Hehehe ürber late thanks... Anyway... new version of the mod seems looming over the horizon. That would mean time to do a mayor update or most likely a completely rework.

looking forward to a orc campaign in this now there will be a true waaaggghhh is this compatible with kavs merc mod?

hi there soz to be a pain but iam geting a crash with your mod around turn 20ish it crashes at slyvania turn everytime ill upload the log txt fileM2TW.system.log.txt.zip
    PS i also think it has something to do grimgor army script
    Last edited by goblinking; May 30, 2014 at 03:39 PM.

Hi there again baal i fixed the error using orc logic i made backup of export character trait and deleted the lines that caused the crash and it seems to have fixed it well for at least another 30 turns well see fingers crossed thanks for a brilliant mod.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast