Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Baal's kickstart mod

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Baal's kickstart mod

Yup I said "If I remember well" or something along those lines. I'm my mod I made diplomats recruitable and somewhat diplomacy is more flexible. I'll upload it when I have the time. =o)

EDIT: I have seen the description and is right there, you can now recruit diplomats. However I think I didn't touched the relations status a lot, and the script that forces the empire alliances is still there so is not a free for all diplomacy thing.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; August 02, 2013 at 08:09 AM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Ah I see. Have you considered making a free diplomacy modification?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Yup I said "If I remember well" or something along those lines. I'm my mod I made diplomats recruitable and somewhat diplomacy is more flexible. I'll upload it when I have the time. =o)

EDIT: I have seen the description and is right there, you can now recruit diplomats. However I think I didn't touched the relations status a lot, and the script that forces the empire alliances is still there so is not a free for all diplomacy thing.
    Is it possible to be able to play this submod without the windowed mode?

Yeah sure, just edit the Configuration.cfg that comes with it. Where it says "Windowed = True" change it to "Windowed = False"
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

1st time commenting on the forums but i would like to ask for clear instructions on how to install the mod.

i have version 1.5.1 but i can't start a new campaign and it reverts back to main menu. Any help would be appreciated Thank you.

sorry if my english is bad it's not my native language

Hi. Can you please explain, how to disable "spawning armies"? I have problem with one of those, it spawn, moves and... nothing happen after that, even after few hours.
    Also, will this work in save, or I have to start new campaing?

I use 1.5.1. with 1.1 Gigantus + PL translation for any text in-game.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by notsmart View Post
    1st time commenting on the forums but i would like to ask for clear instructions on how to install the mod.

i have version 1.5.1 but i can't start a new campaign and it reverts back to main menu. Any help would be appreciated Thank you.

You have to delete the map.rwm files in the COW folder. Try the search box. The game will automatically rebuild them the next time you load it and the campaign should work.

Quote Originally Posted by notsmart View Post

Hi pal, still having troubles?

Quote Originally Posted by Cylindryk View Post
    Hi. Can you please explain, how to disable "spawning armies"? I have problem with one of those, it spawn, moves and... nothing happen after that, even after few hours.
    Also, will this work in save, or I have to start new campaign?

I use 1.5.1. with 1.1 Gigantus + PL translation for any text in-game.

Thanks for your help.
    Umm, for that you have to delete all the spawning armies from the campaign script. If you are still interested send me a PM.

I uploaded a new version of the mod, see more info in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    Ah I see. Have you considered making a free diplomacy modification?
    Hi pal, you still are interested in this? I surely can make one like that. It wouldn't make sense lorewise, but it seems people are wanting that.

This looks great Lord Baal! It looks like it'll make the beginning much more enjoyable now.
    I still have some questions about it.
    #1 Are buildings usable by other factions? Will it be necessary to demolish and reconstruct most buildings to recruit your own units? Like the recruitment edit you made for the orks.
    -Made Ork hulks buildable from the chaos shipwright just in case a ork player captures a town with one so it's not forced to demolish it and build a chaos port in order to make ships.
    #2 Have the annoying amount of beastmen and ork stack spawns been touched?

Hi pal, you still are interested in this? I surely can make one like that. It wouldn't make sense lorewise, but it seems people are wanting that.
    I, and presumably others, would enjoy this very much. Maybe a boost/penalty could still occur to keep relations between factions more believable?

P.S. To anyone reading this. This would make the game look much nicer.
    Last edited by Encablossa; August 26, 2013 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Encablossa View Post
    This looks great Lord Baal! It looks like it'll make the beginning much more enjoyable now.
    I still have some questions about it.
    #1 Are buildings usable by other factions? Will it be necessary to demolish and reconstruct most buildings to recruit your own units? Like the recruitment edit you made for the orks.
    Not that I remember off. The ork case was unique because of how all the buildings are given to all the factions. Generally speaking there are good and bad buildings. In some cases the buildings of a faction will work for another but that's not a given with everyone. Anyway, I digress, the point of case was that the Orks could build their Hulks in the lower "evil" port building, but the higher "evil" port building didn't allowed them to do so, meaning that if you captured a coastal province with the highest evil port, you where forced to destroy it in order to build the lesser version anew, which was kind of silly.

#2 Have the annoying amount of beastmen and ork stack spawns been touched?
    Not at all, only their movement, which is now proper movement instead of just teleporting around. However all of them still have their spawn quantities and positions intact. I also hear a lot of people wanting the random spawning armies cut in half or altogether, that I might do too.

I, and presumably others, would enjoy this very much. Maybe a boost/penalty could still occur to keep relations between factions more believable?

P.S. To anyone reading this. This would make the game look much nicer.
    I will try this too whenever I got the time. This release was basically me going back to the old folder of the mod, finishing the updating and playing a few times to check all was right to upload.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; August 26, 2013 at 07:01 AM.

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

I soft-crash every time I try to play this. its reoccurred on three fresh installs of COW.

I am using the latest gigantus painfree installer; was this not created with that in mind?

((I crash before I get to the main menu, no error message or error log))

Umm unless Gigantus has updated his mod. Let me check.

Edit:
    I'm a jerk. I uploaded the version with the Re-skinned settlements HQ made by Kahvipannu. By the time being, while I correct this, install his mod and then mine and it should work.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; August 29, 2013 at 08:05 PM.

Citizen

You lose me. I install the other fellows mod then yours?

I have the right version and everything right?

I think he means this one?:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ildings-add-on

The textures itself won't affect gamefiles.

That should work yeah. I'm re-uploading the mod with all the textures too just in case. I mean, if that's okay with you Kahvipannu?

Citizen

Yup, this works now. I installed Kahvi's settlements first, then a english translation addon recommended by kahvi, then this, and the game runs smoothly.

This changes the dark elves' starting position drastically for the better, I think. Still insanely difficult, though.

Nice to know it works now!

Well I tried to make a better foothold for everyone so they don't die too quickly.

EDIT: Updated the OP.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; August 30, 2013 at 06:21 PM.

The text files should be enough. Textures don't affect gameplay or any files, for example they would work in TATW if implemented there, or the re-enabled buildings files will work without them.

Ahhh... well, I re uploaded the whole thing

All I'm saying is that you have unnecessary 100+ MB download with them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast