Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Baal's kickstart mod

Default Re: Baal's kickstart mod

basicaly it was saving log into verry weird place on my pc, dont ask why, long story is that the one I needed?

Sorry for triple posting but I think i know whats wrong but unfortunately not sure if ill be able to fix it by my self Im playing total war games seems Rome but never knew modding community is so huge... Im use to mod fallout3 and falloutNV, did some very little for mount and blade warbands, but medieval now is an absolutely new field for me...
    Help needed

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Yes, however it's still giving you no info about the nature of error... here, try with this new descr_strat.txt and see if it works.

And don't berate yourself. Everyone can get confused in this things, myself not excluded. There's some things like precisely this error tracking where I'm not master at all!
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

hmmm still same crash,
    but the log has changed-

23:05:59.029 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    23:05:59.029 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    23:05:59.032 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    23:05:59.032 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    23:05:59.033 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    23:05:59.033 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    23:05:59.034 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    23:05:59.034 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    23:05:59.034 [system.io] [always] mounted pack mods/call_of_warhammer/packs/data.pack
    23:05:59.034 [system.io] [always] mounted pack mods/call_of_warhammer/packs/localized.pack
    23:06:35.391 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.6 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs.
    23:07:05.860 [system.rpt] [error]

what that system.rpt?

Im triple posting again
    The funy think my old savegame files are still working and i can end turns in them...

Yeah, the log is cleaner because as I said that descr_strat.txt fixed those bugs, but as suspected they weren't the cause of the crash. Your old save games should keep working because they had the old "start data" in them. Try this, try my mod with all the files except the descr_strat.txt and the campaign_script.txt. I suspect the error is in one of them.

Also here you can find a guide on how to use the log system.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; February 07, 2013 at 09:11 AM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

hell
    I got new problem
    After playing with files I decide to reinstall both- the english version and the russian,
    after reinstalling I cudnt launch warhammer any more, instead of cow first loading screen i got medieval loading screen, then game crashes...

I didnt edit anything extra in vanila game but just for incase I uninstall medieval, i removed all warhammer files, I cleaned my pc with CCleaner, I restarted pc, I cleaned it again,
    then I did clean install of medieval just for in case in to a different folder (which I give a different name of Medieval X), I marked administrator privilegies as well

I installed warhammer again and still same problem,
    instead of cow first loading screen its medieval screen, then crash without any text except bloody- "Ok"

But vanila medieval works fine, I can played, for test I installed The Sundering mod and its all working fine...
    I dont understand any more what happening...

Ill try to upload log
    hell

Well that's something definitively having nothing to do with my sub mod, it's too humble to do such monstrous harm. Did you checked the .bat that start the game with the mod? For the sounds of it it smells like the .bat is not pointed right to the game executable of mod folders or something.

No worries I know its not your mod,
    its sometin really-really weird... It should not happend

I dont actualy think its a right place to post it,
    Ill start new topic

Thnx mate! Ill come back to your mod when ill fix warhammer,
    i think ill just start using english version of the game,
    russian version gives me lots of hastle lately...

Any way AWESOM mod mate!!!
    Thnx for doing great job!

Corrected the darn "posledovaelyami chaos" text that by some reason was driving me crazy and some others too.
    Made Night Goblins playable again, they got the same treatment everyone else (all buildings possible already built, merchants in place, watchtowers and whatnot)
    Implemented textures and battlefield buildings by the GREAT Kahvipannu.
    Fixed an error with the dark eldar assassin traits at the start of the game.
    Pampered Wisseland a bit too much.
    Made Nuln Pikemen recruitable by Wisseland too, instead of depending on the mercenary camp.
    Other things I probably don't remember.

I'll be updating this tomorrow after beta testing it throughly.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; February 15, 2013 at 08:19 AM.

Still beta testing. I found a bug but so far haven't been able to reproduce it, much less fix it. I guess in the end it's not my mods fault but one of those errors that simply happen with this mod.

Just as a note, here:http://warhammer-empire.com/library/ and here: http://www.gitzmansgallery.com/warhammer-maps.html

Is plenty of information of warhammer towns and maps. Not that I'm trying to make custom settlements, for the time being...

I am still trying to work out what the gigantus version is? Mod sounds great, this is my 5th attempt as for as long as I've been playing total war (first Kingdoms and rome) I've never done a campaign before.
    I just worked out how priests and merchants work, lol no wonder I never had any money, and harder stl still since this mod doesn't seem to have advisor help and I play the expensive high Elves exclusively.

I... don't know how to respond to that my friend. First thanks for the compliments! Second, the lack of advisors is not my fault, mods simply don't use them (I never encountered any mod that does beyond as a scripting tool).

I would recommend you to play the "vanilla" gigantus before using my mod, as the same advantages given to you are also given to the computer players. Also, the High Elves are a hard race to master, you would be better of first trying with some more regular one like an empire one or a chaos one perhaps.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; March 01, 2013 at 12:34 PM.

Thanks for the response. Most of that was not complaining believe me, I'm having fun learning whilst playing and I will do vanilla at some stage, I was merely stating where I am currently at.

.I'm just curious what the gigantus patch is and where I can find it, as I am just running the mod off the links stickied in these forums, and from what I can tell they are not gigantus?
    Last edited by Aethyr; March 01, 2013 at 06:03 PM.

Ohh.... gigantus version is this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-Installation

It's a whole install, not a patch, and it's in English right off the bat, and have less bugs and that. My mod also is made from it, so it works better with that version.

Libertus

Hello there.
    I've been playing ur mod for quite a while and i gotta say it felt good, perhaps too good or should i say overpowered hehe. However i played it with couple of factions and now i would actually like to return to the original 1.5.1 / Gigantus 1.1 mod and play once again the slow development campaign. (yes i didnt make backup files before i applied ur kickstart mode).Is it possible to do so , or am i forced to actually reinstall? As i said i have Gigantus version installed and i'd like you to provide me with old files(maybe this is the wrong place to actually ask for this ).

Ohh... thanks for the feedback. Sadly I don't have the original files either, the only thing here is to reinstall Gigantus version to get rid of my mod. Latter, with the next version I will add the "uninstall" files so hopefully we can avoid this inconvenience for some one else. I'm sorry not being of help here.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

You mentioned a mod where diplomacy would be "free", with kickstart, were you talking this one Lord Baal? I can't see it in description.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast