Thread: Cannot Host Multiplayer

Default Cannot Host Multiplayer

I set the launcher to Enable MP Default, select European campaign, go to host a server and can set the name, password, campaign as necessary. The moment I click the check mark to launch the game lobby, however, absolutely nothing happens. The game simply refuses to host a server for me. This isn't an issue of my internet, as I can host vanilla and Shogun 2 without a hitch. I'd appreciate any help here.

zzzms's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Cannot Host Multiplayer

I get the same problem? Any ideas anyone, I can host vanilla Napoleon but not DM2.65...

The most certain test by which we judge whether a country is really free is the amount of security enjoyed by minorities.~John Acton, [1877].

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. " ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

You need to use 1x multiplier instead of DMN default 2x in order to host and play multiplayer.

zzzms's Avatar Semisalis

I have got mine working by using the 'Restore to Vanilla' option in the 'Utilities' menu and then enabling 'MP Default'.

If I then go and play a single player campaign and then try MP I cannot host until I have again gone through the restore to vanilla thing first.

The most certain test by which we judge whether a country is really free is the amount of security enjoyed by minorities.~John Acton, [1877].

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. " ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi