Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Otomo DLC + Saints & Heroes DLC update for [REL] TROM3 1.9 BETA 4

Default Otomo DLC + Saints & Heroes DLC update for [REL] TROM3 1.9 BETA 4

Otomo DLC + Saints & Heroes DLC update for [REL] TROM3 1.91
    Otomo DLC + Saints & Heroes DLC update for [REL] TROM3 1.9 BETA 4
    (see attachment)

Ok, I took a couple afternoons and made the two DLCs fully playable with TROM.

Edit (7/6/2015): This is a simple re-upload!

Startpos.esf Notes:

I added all the new Otomo campaign scripts into TROMs scripting.lua/startpos.esf and made Otomo playable.
    Keep in mind, the TROM startpos is very ancient, so Otomo are still set up like an unlocked minor--mainly, they don't have their faction bonuses visible on the faction selection screen and don't start the game with full Line of Sight on all their holdings (both of these are stuck in System.Byte [] entries I couldn't edit). But their new DLC intro and initial missions work correctly.

To make this less painful, I tweaked the location of their starting missionary and kobaya ship so you can quickly fix Line of Sight by moving the missionary one step right, immediately reveal the matchlock kobaya just off the coast and send it north to reveal Buzen, your second province. Now everything should be revealed and ready to go without wasting any general or agent's movement.

I replaced the generic teppo ashigaru and bow kobaya with Otomo teppo ashigaru and an Otomo teppo koboya as it is in vanilla.

Balancing/Tweaks:

The Otomo get their matchlock units 1 tier earlier than anyone else, and they are slightly better/cheaper than their counterparts (basically like vanilla).

Tercos: For some reason vanilla Tercos have TWICE the attack, defense, armor and morale of most samurai! I left their armor high, but their melee stats are now comparable to bow or matchlock samurai, with morale being somewhat lower. They're still the best shooters in the game--followed closely by the elite monk units. Capped at 4 units.

Dunberbluss: Hard to balance a unit that usually cuts down half the enemy in one volley at close range. I tweaked their accuracy down and reduced their ammo from 10 to 5... Capped at 2 units. Requires teppo mastery, gunsmith and horses.

Saints and Heroes Units: The mounted versions (Sword, Yari, Bow) have the same requirements as the dismounted heroes (Legendary Dojo), but also require horse mastery, access to horses, and cost around 400 more koku to recruit. Their dismounted stats are exactly the same as the katana, yari and bow heroes, and their mounted attack/charge are slightly reduced from vanilla.

Fixed a few spelling errors and typos (actually just this one): Encouraging" Investments tech is now Encouraging Investments.

Gempei and FotS campaigns: I haven't touched these campaigns at all. They should still work as intended.

Outstanding issues:

Otomo religious tech: I was unable to find a way to disable the generic christian techs for them, so you can freely research both Jesuit and generic catholic techs! There isnt too much to exploit here, thankfully.

Concerning the sound bug: I combined all 9 unit tables in the TROM 1.9 BETA 4 into one file with the vanilla units restored to their default positions at the top of the file--this combined with a Sinfonia Semplice pack is supposedly the BEST way to fix it. And so far I haven't had any problems.

Install:

1 Install TROM 1.91
    2 Put this pack into your data folder with TROM. Its a movie pack with a 'z' at the front, so will load last.

For sound problems (may or may not be necessary now):

Get Sinfonia Semplice (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=562459), put the .exe in data folder, run and let it generate Sinfonia_Semplice.pack.

To Fix Otomo Line-of-Sight at the beginning of the campaign:
    Move the starting missionary one step right to reveal the matchlock kobaya just off the coast. Send this ship north to reveal Buzen, your second province. Now everything should be revealed and ready to go without wasting much movement.

Reminder:

You'll need Otomo DLC and Saints and Heroes DLC for any of this to show up in your game! You MIGHT be able to play Otomo since I made it a major faction in startpos.esf, but you wont get any of their units or DLC specific stuff.

PS:

Yarkis come back!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Sanatyr; July 06, 2015 at 05:59 AM. Reason: re-upload

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Otomo DLC + Saints & Heroes DLC update for [REL] TROM3 1.9 BETA 4

Thank you very much for taking the time to do this You made the Yarkis wait bearable.. thank you again.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

You are a hero, sir.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Nice! Massive spam of rep to him! +rep

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Thank you very much for this !

I am so incredibly stoked that you did this. Awesome!

I did a little bit of testing, and with the sinfonia semplice, it seems that almost all bow units have the correct sounds, except for the Kazuyumi Ashigaru who still sound like cannons. All the Chosokabe bows sound correct, so it's just the unit that is spread across all factions. I haven't tested any of the bows in the RoTS or FoTS DLC though. Any suggestions to fix? I believe I have a clean install of just the mod.

Thanks for the hard work. Sadly, this mod is terribly underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown User View Post
    I am so incredibly stoked that you did this. Awesome!

I did a little bit of testing, and with the sinfonia semplice, it seems that almost all bow units have the correct sounds, except for the Kazuyumi Ashigaru who still sound like cannons. All the Chosokabe bows sound correct, so it's just the unit that is spread across all factions. I haven't tested any of the bows in the RoTS or FoTS DLC though. Any suggestions to fix? I believe I have a clean install of just the mod.
    Sinfonia Semplice outputs a mod.pack, but TROM and this patch are movie.pack. You need to manually open Sinfonia Semplice.pack with Pack File Manager and change the mod type from mod to movie. All movie packs load after mod packs no matter what. The game's official mod manager is incredibly useless (if you were using it to load the mod).

Btw, I ran half a dozen custom battles with the Kazayumi ashigaru as Hojo using the sinfonia_semplice pack as mod and movie just to make sure I wasn't giving useless advice. And they definitely had cannon sounds when it was left as a mod. Basically you want it to load last, since TROM 1.9 Beta 4 has an old sound.pack that needs to be overridden. As an added precaution you could rename the patch from 'zTROM'... to 'TROMz'.... so that sinfonia_semplice is also alphabetically last of the movie packs, but I haven't found it necessary.

Hmm, is it possible to edit posts here? I should probably add that to the install notes, but I think its step 3 in that link to Radious' instructions anyway.

Awesome, I'll give that a go and report back with results. Thanks again!

Also, I believe it is possible to edit posts -- should be next to the "Quote" button in the bottom right corner of your post. There may, however, be a restriction based on how many posts you have that determines whether or not you're able to edit posts. Kind of weird, I know.

EDIT: This appears to have fixed it! Thanks again!!!
    Last edited by Unknown User; January 31, 2013 at 10:11 AM.

Jep, I think it's 20 posts before you can edit or something like that...

Sooo we have our HERO? ;-)

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

Awesome job! Thanks a lot for your work, I can't wait to try an Otomo campaign.
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

Dear Sanatyr/Guys,

I reinstalled the game, did the 3 steps (copy in data folder TROM 1.9 b4, Sanaryr's update and in the data folder created Sinfonia pack), however during custom battles I heard modern trumphet and firearm sound at archers. What could be the problem? Thx!

Open the Sinfonia_Semplice.pack with Pack File Manager 2.4.1.

(http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=494248)

Go to File > Change Pack Type > Movie. Then save.

Now it works, thank you...Great job, great job Sanatyr :-)

Great Job Sanatyr !! it was a pity not be able to play the Otomo with Trom

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

My thanks buddy - Have wanted to try this for a while.

Fantastic! Thank you very much, Sanatyr! Played through TROM3 campaign with Takeda - good 'ol TROM3, it's like X-Mas to have it back!

Some issues with sound, but I haven't tried any of your other fixes - I'll post what works for me or isolate the issue (it's only select units - 1 or 2)

P.S. And yes - Yarkis, you are much missed!

great work! any plans to make it work with the latest release?
    "Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast