Thread: about triarii: why are they using sword instead of spear

Default about triarii: why are they using sword instead of spear

it seems every time i use my triarii the moment they come to contact with enemy forces they switch their spears to sword which I think simply beats the point of recruiting these units. If i wanted my units to fight with spear then i can rely on legion units like principle or hastati. Is there way to make them keep using the spears instead of sword?

Default Re: about triarii: why are they using sword instead of spear

To use swords:

HOLD down ALT when you click attack on an enemy unit and they will use their secondary weapon ( Sword )

To use spear:

I believe you simply click attack on an enemy unit and it should consistently use the spear ( down hold down alt as alt switches to a secondary weapon)

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by TheScythian View Post
    To use swords:

HOLD down ALT when you click attack on an enemy unit and they will use their secondary weapon ( Sword )

To use spear:

I believe you simply click attack on an enemy unit and it should consistently use the spear ( down hold down alt as alt switches to a secondary weapon)

Hope this helps
    hmm that is odd because the moment they close in with the enemy they switch their weapon to sword. I never used alt function for triarii. I only use that function for my legions.

Hmm that's odd. When I use the triarii, they always keep their spears out unless i use alt.

Quote Originally Posted by TheScythian View Post
    Hmm that's odd. When I use the triarii, they always keep their spears out unless i use alt.
    should i reinstall or something =.=;; i am only using darthmod 9.01 and not thing else. I am 100% sure my game file is not effected by some other mod for this is first time me playing RTW (didn't even play vanilla before)

If there is no solution well i guess i will just wait for Marian reform to occur so i wouldn't be able to use triarii in the first place. (My imperial palace is going to be completed in 5 turns later so according to what i heard in the web that is supposed to trigger Marian reform. So i am not really worried about my triarii being useless.)

You do realise that sword are a lot more effective vs infantry than spears?

The hilarious thing i noticed is after Marian reform all my triarii use spears use as default =.=;;