Page 5 of 267 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Honorable Club of Role Playing Gentlemen and Ladies of the Center Total war

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Café del RPG Común

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    It actually has a senate
    Would still be a bad idea.

Nesimî's Avatar Protector Domesticus

What kind of pirates are we talking?

I'm sorry, that was immature.
    shum

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Somebody's watched Gamer's Poop.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Fruits.

Ace_General's Avatar Praeses

No no no no.

Everybody will have a seat in the First Chamber or senate and deal with the day today government things.

Taking a nation in struggle like Afghanistan could be very interesting.

Hmm less interesting, though I guess I could be a Tajik warlord
    Low speed, High Drag

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

I think the problem of RPG's on twc is that there are to few people for the games people want.

I think the problem of RPG's on twc is that there are to few people for the games people want.
    Yeah, I think we should focus on GSTK, it was the first and biggest RPG after all.

And even with GSTK, Im feeling the 1619 Thirty years war game pulling me away. In GSTK, Im just some schmuck in England, but in 1619, Im the Facking Kaisar and I get to direct the politics, economics and command armies down to the level of an operational wargame
    Low speed, High Drag

Even if it was the first, just focusing on it and discouraging other RPGs is silly.

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

It would be good if all the players could choose one setting and have only one RPG. But full of people and opportunities

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkerton View Post
    It would be good if all the players could choose one setting and have only one RPG. But full of people and opportunities
    Oh and Pinkerton, what exactly happened in 1619, like austria was a great power before that
    Low speed, High Drag

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_General View Post
    Oh and Pinkerton, what exactly happened in 1619, like austria was a great power before that
    Eh? Why are you asking me that?

Austria kept on being a Great Power after the thirty year's war BTW

Eh? Why are you asking me that?

Austria kept on being a Great Power after the thirty year's war BTW
    Rather, I meant in the RTD game with inky
    Low speed, High Drag

It would but it would have to be the that ammount of historical and fantastical. I started cuz GoT is fresh with your own twist on how things happen. I'm not opposed to historical RPGs im just not as big a history buff as some. I'm a health school and medical field kinda guy for heavens sake lol. Tried once with the German one, don't think I did too bad

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_General View Post
    Rather, I meant in the RTD game with inky
    I was the third player. Austria was already ed up good when it came into my hands

I did what I could. Just be happy that neither Hungary or Saxony are at war with each other

I was the third player. Austria was already ed up good when it came into my hands

I did what I could. Just be happy that neither Hungary or Saxony are at war with each other
    Could I ask your advice on what to do, I seem to have come to a crossroads with them
    Low speed, High Drag

I didn't know, that's why I managed to keep them at bay

Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by m_1512 View Post
    That's be boring. Everyone would want to be Captain. Plus, I think such an idea was tried before, with Star Trek.
    You clearly misread my post or didn't bother to read the post directly prior to it.
    Last edited by Magicman2051; January 24, 2013 at 08:59 PM.

Tribunus

For the sake of getting some discussion rolling;

Earlier I asked Gandalf to "pitch" the idea for his Mass Effect RP the the community and see how people react to it. In so far as it goes any idea you come up with will inevitably change by the time/if it gets implemented as even the most well formed ideas are subject to revision (constant development being the well-spring of brilliance), so the point isn't to have people ride in telling you how special or wonderful you are, but rather to actually encourage people to whine incessantly and critique viciously contribute.

Similarly I also asked him to do it in two or so paragraphs, the point of which is to demonstrate that he has a clear understanding of the game and can easily explain it to other people. Often people will pitch an idea without a firm grasp on it, and to distract from that or indeed compensate for it will include as much information as possible, leading to the counterintuitive situation whereby just because it looks significant is absolutely no indicator of it being anything of the sort (and may actually be a bad sign). So as a rule of thumb people are usually restricted to a short "abstract" or "pitch" in order to get their idea any kind of recognition, regardless of the quality of the content. This is regularly applied in many fields, from scientific research to the publishing of novels.

Why does this apply here? Interest, you need to have it and people need to have it for what you're going to do. People are more willing to be interested when they can see an avenue for their contribution, or alternatively when they see that you're invested in it they'd be more willing to give it time.

So, an example:

A Game of Spices

In the grimdark future of Mankind, there is only: SPICE TRADING. Spice, a highly controlled and difficult to produce stimulant, is a key component in everything from weapons to anti-aging treatments and there is always a demand for more. Beyond the bounds of controlled space a few enterprising individuals, from cunning drug barons to fanatical revolutionaries, have begun to develop their own Spice production facilities and stand to make enough money to buy themselves a star system, or indeed invade one.

As the game begins the three major societies in Known Space have begun to feel the effect of this influx of new Spice and the many colonies and territories in the fringe are either reaping the benefits of this trade or slowly succumbing to civil unrest and war! You, [insert relevant race here], have a unique opportunity. With your ship and crew at your command you can get a cut of the action, enjoy the spoils from the many interested buyers you rob or indeed fight for peace, justice and all that other stuff. What will you decide?!
    Is it good, is it bad? You decide!
    Last edited by Magicman2051; January 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM.

I like it!
    Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

If I cannot find a way I will make one.

Hannibal Barca

Doesn't sound that interesting to me as is right now.
    Last edited by Xion; January 25, 2013 at 12:20 AM.