Thread: The Honorable Club of Role Playing Gentlemen and Ladies of the Center Total war

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Default Re: The Honorable Club of Role Playing Gentlemen and Ladies of the Center Total war

Meh, the French and Spanish were always sending Ireland troops to help fight England, but as is noted in the history of both France and Spain, they suck at war, and sadly England doesnt.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: The Honorable Club of Role Playing Gentlemen and Ladies of the Center Total war

Quote Originally Posted by Skylord_Conor21 View Post
    they suck at war
    Yeah, that's totally not writing off two whole cultures as weak. Totally not.
    I'll have you know being Contintental doesn't somehow make them a bunch of fools.

I wasnt calling all continental nations militarily incompetent. Only France and Spain, maybe Italy too. The Germans were great at war, too great in my opinion, so were the Dutch, the Swedish, the Poles, Austrians were okay too. On the sea, the Portuguese were tough, and they weren't too bad on land either. But you can't call the French or Spanish good at war. I mean, the amount of times they landed to "help" the Irish, got off the boats and then a major battle is ridiculous, I stopped counting after the fifth such f up I read about.

((I take no responsibility for any exaggeration, if you choose to use my grossly exaggerated info, do so at your own risk.))

I very much beg to differ.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Edited about four times now.
    If I am reading your words right, Skylord, please us the when using the f word (even if you type it as just 'f'). Do not go around the restrictions involving curse words. Thank you.

If I am not reading your words right, carry on, sir.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; February 26, 2015 at 02:34 PM.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Citizen

Is anyone else getting TWC server timeouts? Been getting those frequently on and off for the past 20 mins.

I didn't realise i couldn't do that Lucius, as you may know, f is usually the non-swear replacement in spoken English, i didn't realise it wouldn't be allowed. Sorry.

Citizen

I didn't realise i couldn't do that Lucius, as you may know, f is usually the non-swear replacement in spoken English, i didn't realise it wouldn't be allowed. Sorry.
    We had someone before spell it out without the 'u' added in which got by the restrictions. The : wub : is what is placed over it when the word is spelled out fully on any part of the TWC forum. Its just best to use that cause everyone on the forum here knows what it means and thus what you are trying to say.

Its no problem at all, just remember in the future.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; February 26, 2015 at 03:04 PM.

Thats cool, ill remember that.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Bastard Feudalism View Post
    BF knows I called this long ago.

I wasnt calling all continental nations militarily incompetent. Only France and Spain, maybe Italy too. The Germans were great at war, too great in my opinion, so were the Dutch, the Swedish, the Poles, Austrians were okay too. On the sea, the Portuguese were tough, and they weren't too bad on land either. But you can't call the French or Spanish good at war. I mean, the amount of times they landed to "help" the Irish, got off the boats and then a major battle is ridiculous, I stopped counting after the fifth such f up I read about.

((I take no responsibility for any exaggeration, if you choose to use my grossly exaggerated info, do so at your own risk.))
    Ah yes! That's why Spanish humilliated English on their second attack on Cadiz, conquered the whole Palatinate in few months, brought to their knees the undefeated Swedish army at Nordlingen, vanquished the French at Marignano, conquered Sicily and Naples, annexated Portugal, maintained the hegemony in Europe for more than a hundred years and still were able to hold their ultrmarine empire until 1800's... And yes, French are so weak... A shame Philippe II Augustus kicked John I ass (and Otto Welf, Holy Roman Emperor, at the same time) so hard he almost lost all his mother's inheritance, Charles VII was ultimately victorious in the 100 years war and that Louis XIV gained supremacy over the whole continent. And still Spanish and French were so weak that they were able to defeat and kick English asses repeatedly including helping some nasty american rebels gain their independence...

So go cry to a corner and beg gods of History forgive the inmense stupidity you said. Chauvinistic behaviors are fitting for the XIX century, nowadays they just appear to be as idiotic as they should.

EDIT: I love IB and their new statement will be glorious and worth of following.
    EDIT2: We can't forget this one:
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battl...gena_de_Indias
    Last edited by Oznerol; February 26, 2015 at 06:50 PM.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

We Argentinians are all thieves and over-the-top proud ers

And I luv that

Everyone should calm down before this goes further, I knew this would be a loaded argument.

Hold up Oz, maybe you should have brought some of your military "brilliance" to one of thr many times you tried to free my country. But no, you failed every time it actually mattered about beating England. You got off your boats, got ed up and then ed off home to crime about your experiences, ultimately damaging morale.

P.S you've used chauvinism in the wrong context, it is typically used for pro male sexism. Not prejudice.

To be fair, it wasn't very hard to kick John I's ass.

@Conor: you're free now, aren't you? So why complain?

Gods above, please rid us of his imbecility. Shall his stupidity serve as sacrifice to thine glory. Amen.

Gandalf: Well John wasn't very bright, but still he had the power combined of his Angevin possessions and that of the Welf HRE. Ah! John! Such memories, I'll always remember when I tried to be the old Henry II as Baelor Targaryen and ended resembling John...

*Cough*Scotland and Northern Ireland are still subjugated.*Cough*

Besides, I was joking about the militarily incompetent stereotype that the French and Spanish enjoy, and Oz and BF got serious, and as I tend to do, I dug into and indefensible position and attempted to hold the line.
    Last edited by The Mad Skylord; February 27, 2015 at 05:06 AM.

*Cough*Scotland and Northern Ireland are still subjugated.*Cough*

Besides, I was joking about the militarily incompetent stereotype that the French and Spanish enjoy, and Oz and BF got serious, and as I tend to do, I dug into and indefensible position and attempted to hold the line.
    Subjugated? Are you actually being serious?

It's okay. Yes the evil English have enslaved them all. All of them.

/pats on head

Ah! So the first objective of French and Spanish Kings during all their History has been "freeing" Scotland and Ireland? Right. And that wasn't even the main element in both countries politics in the XVI-XVII but rather continental domination. In fact the support sent to Ireland during the Anglo-Spanish War were meant to distract their resources from the truly important scenario, Flanders. And by then Scotland was soon to join England, after the death of Elisabeth I and the enthronement of James VI of Scotland, entering a personal union. Never existed the intention of "freeing" Scotland, rather that country was the traditional ally (until the Stuarts assumption of the English throne) against England; for example, Mary, Queen of the Scots, married Francis II of Valois-Angoulême, King of France.

Anyway, you should know that jokes should be noticeable and read as such, you have the risk of others being seriously offended by your words, as I was. Not because I'm a nationalist, but because I hate twisted, stereotypical and simplistic visions of History, and they anger me beyond measure. Had you mentioned a supposed weakness of India, China or Hungary I would have reacted the very same way.

Richard/Gandalf: Isn't your hand itching from so many pats?