Page 7 of 85 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v3.0 previews on page 83, region changes on page 84!!

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: New Campaign Map WIP (Dol Guldur Preview added, first post!)

Quote Originally Posted by FireFreak111 View Post
    Thanks to all

Update on the mountain work, I have completed the White Mountains now with full height variation. Only the center peaks are snowcapped, the rest are not. A few still don't have a properly defined peak, they are being worked on. This is just so I have good mountains which I can polish and shine later without having to remake them.

Heightmap to see the comparison between old and new mountains (should be easy to spot the difference ). Haradwaith had major work done, Eriador will be started once the mountains are redone. Also, the Isengard mountain and hills needs work.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

@smoesville
    I've noticed alot of people use the high_mountains ground_type, its truly a retarted type, with the peak looking unrealistic and ultra pointy. The other things some do (and I will admit, at one point I tried the technique) is to use an extra tall center pixel, which makes it look jagged, aliased and stretched.
    I feel like they should be so much taller

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: New Campaign Map WIP (Dol Guldur Preview added, first post!)

Here you go:

http://corecanvas.s3.amazonaws.com/t...gondor_map.jpg

Also to add some more details for the map:

1) From the flight to the ford, when the company reaches the Last Bridge.:
    At the end of the fifth day the ground began once more to rise slowly out of the wide shallow valley into which they had descended. Strider now turned their course again north-eastwards, and on the sixth day they reached the top of a long slow-climbing slope and saw far ahead a huddle of wooded hills. Away below them they could see the Road sweeping round the feet of the hills; and to their right a grey river gleamed pale in the thin sunshine. In the distance they glimpsed yet another river in a stony valley half-veiled in mist.
    A good part of the woodlands of Lorien lay upon the east bank of Anduin and continued along the course of the river for many miles, as it took the fellowship almost 3 days to exit the woodlands... these parts (east of anduin and southwards) had no Mallorn trees, so they should be represented as normal woodlands.

Between the North and South undeeps there was a tall moor with rocky slopes.

The Emyn Muil:
    - east of Anduin the southern edge of the hills should be quite steep, and Amon Lhaw more defined, with the amon hen resource upon it (Seat of Hearing.)
    - west of anduin and to the north west they consisted of two successive ridges (as described in the Two Towers.) Their edge was steep (both the south and the west edge) as it was named the "Wall of Rohan".

east of the point where Entwash turns south there was a high hill.
    Last edited by Arǭmēz; January 31, 2013 at 11:42 AM.
    Let’s keep enjoying kings and wizards. But also remember to keep them where they belong.
    Where they can do little harm.
    Where they entertain us.

In fantasies...

I'm guessing that you are going to completely redo Rammas Echor?

The total work that are getting putted into this mod is amazing, all respect to you guys! Let me know if I can be of ANY assistance

Any thought about putting Smaug to TA?
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; January 31, 2013 at 05:28 PM.

No, because the mod begins after the fall of Smaug. Dwarves already have Erebor

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

@Heathen Storm
    These are being completly redone, and the newer version looks much taller.

@Aromez
    I will take all of these into account as I make the map, thankyou.

@lax15
    The Rammas Echor will simply be scaled down.

@SandraDevilGirl
    Thanks.

No Smaug, he's 30 years before DaC
    Last edited by FireFreak111; January 31, 2013 at 05:54 PM.

@Heathen Storm

No Smaug, he's 30 years before DaC
    I know but its a dragon

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by SandraDevilGirl View Post
    I know but its a dragon
    Which means we don't have a proper model / animation to represent him. Also i don't know if the engine can even do a dragon properly (though if he just walked around in battle it would be cool, but still no animation to make him look real). Also how to represent him on the map? It would be cool to have a small flying dragon on the stratmap but i'm not sure that's possible.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by smoesville View Post
    Which means we don't have a proper model / animation to represent him. Also i don't know if the engine can even do a dragon properly (though if he just walked around in battle it would be cool, but still no animation to make him look real). Also how to represent him on the map? It would be cool to have a small flying dragon on the stratmap but i'm not sure that's possible.
    check out The Sundering , there be dragons there so it can be done

Still, no Smuag

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

PCP has Dragons, but it's not good enough to put into DaC i think..

oh i wasn't commenting on smaug just the ability of the engine to represent dragons

Meh is right . But this mod focuses on the known lands of Middle-Earth that are well mapped. The creatures aren't in that region. Maybe some are in the Withered Hearth, but it still won't be in DaC due to the amount of work that would have to be put into making the dragons. PCP's models are good too.

Meh is right . But this mod focuses on the known lands of Middle-Earth that are well mapped. The creatures aren't in that region. Maybe some are in the Withered Hearth, but it still won't be in DaC due to the amount of work that would have to be put into making the dragons. PCP's models are good too.
    yeah don't start smaug ... you open yourself up to the more fanatical lore masters demanding a scripted cinematic sequence of bard shooting him over Esgaroth
    (everyone else can ignore this post im just trying to give firefreak a little nightmare )

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

Lovin dat gap man. The wide open space of vanilla always bothered me.

Keep up the good work!

Okey, no dragons :-/

Quote Originally Posted by SandraDevilGirl View Post
    Okey, no dragons :-/
    there are dragons in other mods if your mind is set on it PCP for one or else how about these :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...8#post11316528
    look in Kolwen ,Paradamed ,Nelduin second pic and mhz100a(there be fire in mhz100a pics)

or you could wait for this one which also looks awesome (but is still in developent)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post12447436

Edit: my thoughts are starting to sound like those of a sales man ... im worried

But please do not annoy us more with dragons. There is no dragons because we do not want them in the mod, it is not a problem of technic (not only). Smaug is dead at the start of the mod, so this cinematic make no sense at all.

Will be getting back to work soon after a break and some real life biz. The White Mountains is one of the hardest mountain ranges there is to make.

Good luck! We believe in you, man!