Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v3.0 previews on page 83, region changes on page 84!!

sanderman2's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: New Map WIP

Great Map love it

look at this:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ttulocgiw.png/
    More or less the same proportion. With compass and Thale's theorem, almost exact

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

That doesn't mean that what's there is habitable. The sinking of a continent not far from it probably shifted the under pinning foundations of the mountains and would likely have made the cities too unstable to inhabit or rebuild. Unlike Ngugi i would say that it is still there but there is little or no reason for it to be there (on the campaign map) because it's just not inhabitable.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I think that the mountain itself should be recognizable on the map but not as a settlement.

That is a good idea, perhaps as an altered version of Erebor?

Quote Originally Posted by Drorin View Post
    *"Nogrod and Belegost" not "Belegost Nogrod and".
    Google's traductor and my English, bad mix... xD
    "the Misty Mountains are mejoradísimas!"

Saludos.

PCP has navigable rivers:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And I enjoy using them for surprise attacks
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

The Anduin, Celduin and the Gwathlo are all sailable. It would be highly incorrect to make rivers like the Forest River or the Brandywine sailable. I am not sure about the river that flows below Harandor though.

Nodrog and Belegost should not appear as settlements, yet Dolmed could be a defined peak and near it there could be a settlement
    If I may I would suggest the Lindon settlements' borders to look something like that...

Attachment 262548

East and West Mithlond because in all maps Mithlond is shown in two parts...
    Barad Annun, and Himobel are taken from MERP
    The rest of the names were made by me when I run an RPG... They are in Khuzdul so feel free to use or change them....
    Let’s keep enjoying kings and wizards. But also remember to keep them where they belong.
    Where they can do little harm.
    Where they entertain us.

In fantasies...

@Arǭmēz
    That is an excellent map. I will take it into heavy consideration when I make the regions there. I never liked the idea of Nogrod or Belegost appearing as a Wooden Castle and village in the Expanded Map, didn't feel right.

In the previous map, I tried a concept where Mithlond was West, Central and East, with Central on an island, didn't work out. East and West alone would be simpler. Due to the little action that really happens in Lindon, Mithlond East, Mithlond West, Harlond and Forlond would be the best four cities for Lindon, allowing me to use the region slots for other areas. Those Ered Luin names and suggestions though, I think they could be put to good use, providing settlements in Ered Luin (as there aren't really many if any maps on Ered Luin's settlements). Thank-you for that map.

Last attempt

Appendix B:

"c. 40 Many Dwarves leaving their old cities in Ered Luin go to Moria and swell its numbers."

this makes me think that they were still standing, depleted or in ruins and perhaps settlements of the Third Age were based on those ruins because of the stubbornness of Dwarves, see return to Erebor or little adventure of Balin in Moria hehe. But still it is not written anywhere sure.
    In any case, like says FireFreak111, I didn't like them as a Wooden Castle and village, in fact dwarf settlements not look good if they are not as Erebor and Moria xD

If I could have strat-map models for them, (which I could possibly, possibly arrange ) and have them like Osgiliath, rebuildable, then I would implement them. Otherwise their worth in any other form is greatly diminished.

Update: Massive progress, climates implemented (again ), major forests done, more work on the mountains (which will need continual refinement) and more small things, such as beaches and more islands where needed. Some more previews soon

I am not sure that the current map can fit in the Isle of Tol Fuin, as it seems quite large. I will attempt it soon though. Lorien feels really small when to scale as well, might have to expand it slightly to get the settlements in

Also, who would really want Imladris (Rivendell) and it's river to be in a valley like it should be? Would it be worth it?
    Last edited by FireFreak111; January 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: New Map WIP (Massive Campaign Map Preview added, first post!)

Nice work on the preview !

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: New Map WIP (Massive Campaign Map Preview added, first post!)

Looks very good so far!

Good work!
    Lórien a little bigger would be nice, although not to scale. Like the Forest Trolls, as you put it in this preview of another thread.
    I always imagined Middle Earth more wooded. Do not forget that, for example, Dark Forest of Rohan, where is Grimbold, no one knows where it is or in the Tolkien's map of Beleriand does not appear Forest of Núath.
    So I think making Lórien and Forest Trolls, larger forests would not be bad.
    I hope that you know read my post xD
    This Google's translate ... hehe

Forest Trolls = Trollshaws I'm guessing

When the times comes there will be many scattered woods, trees and life in Middle-Earth, that will be when Hills, Heights and Rivers are in. Lorien is currently, sort of 'at scale'. I will be adding a 1 tile thick expansion around it to make it more important and to fit settlements within.

Should there not be a small amount of trees in the wold in Rohan?
    Wold is an Old English term for a forest or an area of woodland on high ground, it is cognate with the Dutch word woud and with the German word Wald, both meaning forest. It became Weald in West Saxon and Kentish.

The current preview features the major forests, named or very commonly mapped. There are many small woods I am missing, many 'large' ones scattered around an area and trees in general around the map. They will all eventually be implemented. I am currently working on fixing up the mountains, changing them from blobs into peaks.

You actually ninja'd me with the answer but i never noticed until now

FireFreak is going "LORE ACCURATE", and in The LOTR lore not every single river could support a full armada of ships sailing on them!