Page 19 of 85 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728294469 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v3.0 previews on page 83, region changes on page 84!!

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Gondor, Rhun, Misty Mountains and Rhovanion preview, first post!)

No, they are just generic settlements like in vanilla TATW.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Gondor, Rhun, Misty Mountains and Rhovanion preview, first post!)

thread started 23 jan ... talk of Beta 23 Feb.. that in itself is an accomplishment
    and now to wait impatiently for the Beta

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

FireFreak is a modding robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post
    FireFreak is a modding robot.
    + on that!

FireFreak is a God!

Take that, Eru!

Will the beta be open to forum members or will it be an internal beta?

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

I love the TWC community

@fender010
    It will be an internal/private beta initially for a few days to make sure no game-breaking rageworthy bugs are in the beta, and then public.

Ok cool .

The internal/private beta has begun, public beta in a few days if all goes well. Here's a small preview of the completed Radar Map.

Last edited by FireFreak111; February 25, 2013 at 03:13 AM.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Alright ill have EoH give me the link when he's on. Really looking forward to it!

Tiro

i have taken a look at the map you posted on the front page... just a little question, are you going to add an island in front of Umbar as done in the last version of TATW 3.2 ?

i dont recall the exact name of that settlement but i think it may help the faction Haven of Umbar to expand without entering at war with Gondor / Harad ...

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

name was erelond don't remember the islands name.. also that's non-canon

Tol Uialgaer that's the islands found it

now times to hit Dutch Balrog on the back of the head with this big stick and steal his link

Tiro

another question!! this time about the cultural growth...

are you going to implement two cultural traits for evil factions ? I mean, more than the standard Followers of Melkor are u going to put "FOLLOWERS OF THE WHITE HAND" (or similar) for Isengard and Dunland ?

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Fairly sure the Dunlendish will be part of the 'hillmen' culture or something similar.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

No new cultures will be in the map part of the mod, that's for the main mod. Also, there is only one culture slot left for use, and we are internally debating and have nearly reached a conclusion on what we will use it for.

FireFreak is a Maia that helped the Valar in shaping the world.

Hehe, I made sure they remembered to look at a map when the Valar made it

Progress on the private beta is going well, alot of the focus is on AI, making sure they don't act retarted. I can report that Gondor and Mordor, the sort of main AI, work well. They hold their frontline, Mordor doesn't zerg and destroy Gondor in the early game. Gondor can multi-task and navigate its area well. Pathfinding is a big focus here, and I am constantly doing tweaks to border regions, ground types and more to get the AI working properly. So far Eriador and Gundabad are working well, Gundabad likes to go for both Athilin and Cameth Brin to then strike out at both the Angle and Fornost. To fix AI around this area 1 region was added to split North and East Arthedain, with its settlement being Barketta. Imladris is awesome, with OotMM sending small raiding parties against it. Harad is working really well, maybe too well . Their AI works towards Gondor efficiently. The current focus on AI fixing is the Dwarves, Dale and Rhun. To fix this, around 4 regions have been added. In the north-east, at the hills Logathavuld is added, allowing the Iron Hills and Rhun to have a buffer between them, giving them an actual stepping stone to get to one another. A region has been added at the junction of the Carnen and the Celduin on the east bank, helps Dale and Rhun have more territory on the east and fixes the massive borders of Kugavod. The third region is between North Rhovanion and Esgaroth, serving the same purpose as Logthavuld which is to give a stepping stone to Dale to get to Rhovanion. Works quite well. The last region in the east added is the Grey Mountain Foothills, above Mirkwood. Fixes the Dwarves not going west. One other region has been added, and that is Far Harlindon to help the High Elves and to fix Harlindon from being a massive region.

These regions are alongside region border changes (making them logically shaped, convex for the AI), forest fixes and river work (logical crossings, make sure they can make routes and don't get stuck around certain regions).
    Last edited by FireFreak111; February 26, 2013 at 02:06 AM.

Tiro

what will happen if a faction is destroyed ?? can it re-emerge ? maybe if an old ally gets back its capital?

if all the settlements have been captured will the army keep on figthing like a horde ?

Hordes in the vanilla release will be like vanilla, not sure what the behaviour is there. I can't speak for DaC yet, no plans for Hordes to announce (doesn't mean they won't be in).

Tiro

keep it up... I am longing for playing it asap !!