Page 15 of 85 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v3.0 previews on page 83, region changes on page 84!!

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Tol Fuin preview, first post!)

Fantastic!

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Tol Fuin preview, first post!)

I've been putting off making this island for quite some time, it's difficult to get right. I doubt this will be perfect from the first attempt
    willing to do many attempts on an island most of us won't look at outside this preview and it doesn't even have an importance to the map , outside of lore ofc , now that is inspiring dedication

Tiro

Keep on with this amazing work !!!!

Cant wait for playing it !!

At this time I wish I knew how to script to be able to help speeding things up or taking of some workload on the few good scripters in here.

Dont envy you while you are doing the campaign script now but keep up the really good work!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by SandraDevilGirl View Post
    At this time I wish I knew how to script to be able to help speeding things up or taking of some workload on the few good scripters in here.
    Every modder start out as a noob on some level, myself and most I know as a complete for example hehe, and while it as anything is confusing the first time modding is incredibly fun, so I say as I say to everyone: go ahead, don't hinder yourself from start modding http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliį Alė, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Mordor preview, first post!)

Thanks for the support everyone

@SandraDevilGirl
    Things are progressing well, better than it has been in a long time. Don't worry

Ngugi's right. When I first began mapping, I was changing border regions, working with simple colours and still causing CTD's at every turn, but it was fun. Now I am creating maps from scratch with stability and speed. And it still is alot of fun.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Mordor preview, first post!)

Damn Mordor looks awsome! Just like i imagined it!
    But i miss the pass through the Mithram Spur from Seregost to Lithlad.
    Last edited by Dutch-Balrog; February 18, 2013 at 10:07 AM.

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Every modder start out as a noob on some level, myself and most I know as a complete for example hehe, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273
    Let me get this straight... You were a noob? I thought Ferrits were already born with suberb modding skills, along with the Emperor's, Stylixes, Aravals, Heroes of the West, Withnwars, Elvenkinds and the King Kongs of the world and such other AMAZING modders out there, not only in TATW, but as a hole!

Well, i guess that i'm just a lousy bastard that can't get something as scripting inside his this head!

Ok, then, back to what I'm good at... Playing!! Kicking ass and chewing gum... And help the wife cleaning the house...

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Well OK, the Ferrit himself was never a noob, he materilized perfect out of thin air about the same time Chuck Norris helped the apes climb down from the trees, but I, his caretaker, Ngugi have to admit I was, as any other pesky human haha

Scripts are hard and demands effort and stamina to learn, it's in my honest opinion the finest and most important of any kind of modding next to coding; I myself can only edit simpler scripts while nothing harder, but that's just one area of modding and there's much to start with. Coding, 2D, modelling and skinning, mapping etc etc. Always begin with easy and small tasks and work upwards; all that is required is some patience, a tutorial or friendly folks like here on TWC and a will to change or create something in your game experience, that's why modders mod ^^

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliį Alė, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Kindjal83 View Post
    Let me get this straight... You were a noob? I thought Ferrits were already born with suberb modding skills, along with the Emperor's, Stylixes, Aravals, Heroes of the West, Withnwars, Elvenkinds and the King Kongs of the world and such other AMAZING modders out there, not only in TATW, but as a hole!

Well, i guess that i'm just a lousy bastard that can't get something as scripting inside his this head!

Ok, then, back to what I'm good at... Playing!! Kicking ass and chewing gum... And help the wife cleaning the house...
    Your wife has a good house cleaner , I myself am doing a fine job in that area too ( at least my girlfriend tells me that )

Well, I am not that big modder, I just found myself good in some 2D art areas ( unit info cards, unit battle cards etc..). As Ngugi said, it is hard at the beginning, but fun once you get it all sorted out.

Go modders GO!!

One of my favourite unit cards:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

ahahahahah
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

I'm myself quite a noob in scriting, but you learn quite fast when you have to update the scripts and so one. Try doing by yourself little modification of the mod,as adding event..

OMG, Mordor (and Nurn) is amazing !!!

Could you call the Dark Tower "Barad-dûr" ?
    Sorry for my bad English ; I'm Belgian.

Great job on Mordor.

I am curious as to if the Winding Stair agent access concept we discussed was possible now that you have Mordor done?

That is the best unit card ever. Of all time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTNR8OVKQhs

@Dutch-Balrog
    It was something I wasn't sure about implementing, I think I will put it in with Seregost blocking it.

@Throin II
    I literally fixed that right after the preview

@fender010
    I am not sure the space is there to do that, but once v1 is released I will relook at it and see if I can implement it, because that will take the map into the scripting realm (may make it optional to keep it easy for modders).

Decanus

Icon12 Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Mordor preview, first post!)

FireFreak111 you are developing the best map of Middle- Earth i have ever seen for a game
    You are simply great!
    Regarding Mordor, the Black Gate settlement is going to be called Morannon or Cirith Gorgor?
    Regarding the Forest of Fangorn, i have a humble suggestion: perhaps you can divide it into 2 regions, Wellighall to the north of River Entwash, and Derdingle to the south of the same river, giving to such a great forest 2 slots so as to be conquered.
    And finally regarding Dol Amroth, can i assume that the ancient city harbour of Edhellond will be present in your great map?
    Do you have an idea of how many regions will the complete map have?
    Thanks, thanks and more thanks for your hard and perfect work!. A masterpiece will soon arise!
    Last edited by lordargento; February 18, 2013 at 09:07 PM.

Sounds good. I hope it does work, but if not then no worries.

@lordargento
    Thanks
    -I think it would be good to call it Morannon, thanks for the suggestion.
    -In the expanded map it will be three regions: Derndingle, Treebeards Hills and Wellinghall.
    -Edhellond will be definetely included in the expanded map.
    -The expanded map when complete (v2-3) will have the full 199 regions.

Default Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Mordor preview, first post!)

Awesome!
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

I guess when this is finished we need to wait for Divide and Conqure submod to be done in order to test this map?

And how are you doing with the resource delegation?