Page 10 of 85 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade for 3.2 - v3.0 previews on page 83, region changes on page 84!!

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Misty Mountains proposal, page 8!)

Since we are on the subject of mountain passes...

How about implementing The Winding Stair into Cirith Ungol pass somehow? Could use the "porting" method Beorn suggested a few lines back, or some other novel approach.

Would need some sort of con to using it. Maybe slower movement over it or losing troops along the way?

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Misty Mountains proposal, page 8!)

@Gallus
    It can be like the Gladden, settlement but unblocked (go around the settlement). It can be a rebel settlement in Vanilla, controlled by Beornings in DaC.

@lordargento
    I am trying to stick to official sources as much as possible, using MERP only to fill in blanks like hills and some trees in areas poorly described or documented.

@fender010
    So it would be a way to bypass Minas Morgul.... interesting. It isn't really accurate though, an entire army couldn't fit through the pass, hundreds of troops climbing it would probably be seen by Minas Morgul....

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Could that same method of teleporting be restricted to agents only? In which case it would be possible for them to slip by and spy on mordor.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

How about a limit on the number of troops that could be moved across it at once? You could make it just large enough for a team of your elite troops to get in but nothing more than that. You could also allow spies, assassins, and maybe diplomats through.

Could make for some interesting gameplay dynamics when Mordor gets flanked by a small group at just the right or wrong time (depending on which faction you are playing). Or any number of situations involving spies and assassins.

At any rate it is such a key piece of the story it would be nice to see it implemented somehow.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

dlt

I highly doubt you are able to script certain sizes, but I believe it would be possible to limit agents to the pass. I am no scripting guru

Cool if you can make that work I think that makes the most sense out of all the options.

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

You could also have a (small) random chance that the agent was caught either by orcs or Shelob
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

If Minas Morgul and Cirith Ungol is under Orc control, high chance. If one is under friendly control, lower chance. If both are controlled, still a chance due to Shelob.

Been working on the River Anduin and its Vale, also majorly focusing on remaking Sarn Gebir and the southern river.
    Last edited by FireFreak111; February 06, 2013 at 04:17 AM.

About the PAsses of Mordor...
    Since there were two paths, one near Minas Morgul blocked by the Tower, and one blocked by Minas Morgul that ended near the Cirith Ungol

Could those be imported??
    Let’s keep enjoying kings and wizards. But also remember to keep them where they belong.
    Where they can do little harm.
    Where they entertain us.

In fantasies...

They could, but it would be difficult to fit both in.

Updating first post with some WIP previews of areas touched up, smooth coastlined and populated with trees and variety.

They could, but it would be difficult to fit both in.

Updating first post with some WIP previews of areas touched up, smooth coastlined and populated with trees and variety.

Decanus

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Polished areas Previews, first page!)

Great updates... charming

Default Re: Divide and Conquer: Campaign Map, Remade (Polished areas Previews, first page!)

FireFreak, this is looking extremely awesome! Nice work!

Thanks

An extra little preview, the Dead Marshes...

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Fantastic!

One question: will you move Minas Morgul more south? It looks on the map almost on the same line as Osgiliath.

sanderman2's Avatar Centenarius

Hmm , i thought Emyn Muil wasn´t a green land.

Tho got to be honest , i dont really like the fact anduin and mordor are so close.
    Theres almost no space to move through Ithilien.

Also Misty Mountains which are not passable through inside.
    Its good , but i hope it works for the faction which own the Misty Mountains.

very good preview!
    I would separate the trees of Ithilien slightly to allow passage between them, it is not an impenetrable forest or very lush, as forests of mod The Sundering.

I love the proximity of the two Minas !

But yes, Emin Muil should be more... arid. Perhaps the same ground type than Nurn, or Dagorlad ...
    Sorry for my bad English ; I'm Belgian.

Great work!

This will end up being the best map for TATW for sure.