Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Information and Download (Beta 0.69)

Default Re: Information and Download (Beta 0.69)

thx everyone.

btw we are always looking for new blood so if anybody wanna help with skinning, modelling, coding, you are welcomed. pm me.

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagnon2 View Post
    Will the SftOW campaign be just as hard as RotWK? I hope not.
    Harder? It really depends on. Comparing to Sundering, there are recruitment and economical changes in the mod, the campaign (training, building, agressiveness, etc.) AI is also reworked. Unit stats and skills are also reworked, and lots of more stuff is already added (and lot more is still planned or is under development)
    As there are lots more new factions in the game, there will be many new possibilities. But as there will be lot more new factions, difficulty is also lot higher overall. The army which is perfect against one faction will be useless against another (what is good against orcs and gobbos will not work against the knights of the Empire or Bretonnia and so on), and nevertheless, win conditions will also be lot harder to achieve.
    What I as one of the main coders of the team currently can promise you is that there will be no more clone fights, each and every factions are as different as possible, and each and every games will result different gameplay. There's no main evil or main good factions, everyone will have their goals and reasons for all (most) of their actions. Yeah, even Orcs, and even the Beasts of Chaos
    Last edited by Bela; May 18, 2013 at 03:37 PM.
    "No Rest until the Blood of Greenskins flows like Dark Ale upon the Earth!"

+++ Josef Bugman +++

Cromagnon2's Avatar Senator

Thank you for the detailed description of the upcoming campaign After all these years of playing, I can definitively say Struggle for the Old World will be in the top 3 of the best mods for M2TW. With 'hard' i was refering to the Nagarythe stack spam of mid/late game. But since there will not be such a major power i think it will be better balanced out.
    Oh and yes, for Orcs it is a GOOD thing to kill, sack and rape
    Pity it will not be released before summer, because we all know in summer hollidays all grinds to an halt.
    +rep.
    Last edited by Cromagnon2; May 18, 2013 at 06:03 PM.

Wow, I heard about the mod a while back and didn't try it out because I'm an Orc fan-boy, and I need me a WAAAGH, but it was so ignorant of me to not try this out, and I have been playing so far and all I have to say is what an amazing job you guys have done. Please do not lose faith in the Medieval 2 mod community some know your here and know your outstanding work. My only problem tho is that being an Orc player I found in the custom battles that the orcs seem a bit too small, I mean their models are superb and textures aswell, but It just pains me to see a chaos warrior to be almost the same exact size of a black orc. Kind of kills it a bit in terms of lore and I guess its own version of realism. Chaos warriors are elite fighting maniacs and orcs are dumb brutes. So Idk i guess I would like to see maybe a little size scaling with the orcs. Da' chaos boyz seemz a bit too big like uz orkz! And da stuntiez seems a bit biggah too!

Its been a while since i read "Time of legends" for the Elves, but i am usiing the current edition of this mod and i am playing as Caledor, and why is Tiranoc my enemy, it says they are cultist religion and allied with cultists and Nagerynth , i cant really remember but wasnt all elven houses allied against cultists and nagerynth?

I think Nagarythe duped Tiranoc into helping them, at least for a while.

It wouldn't surprise me if that is what happened.

Cenk's Avatar Libertus

Guys, will you add specific generals for Nagarythe? I like them so much. With all those dark silver armors, they look like the nazis (you have to admit that they had a nice fashion) of Ulthuan. But when i see those fancy high elf generals commanding my dark troops... God! How i hate those fancy elves! So, i wanted to ask if you are going to add specific Nagarythe generals? If so, any possiblity for the next patch?
    Last edited by Cenk; July 25, 2013 at 07:02 AM.

hey guys, enjoy the mod but was just curious about if you guys had another release on the horizon. I keep checking back all the time but don't see a whole lot of action around these parts these days and hoping things are still in motion. Thx

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

We are working on a new campaign with new factions, new map and new features Also working on improvements to the current campaign such armor upgrades and unit variations. However we are really few people and things go slowly :\

Will you resume work on "old" campaign or are entirely focused on new one ?
    WhaT i meant to ask will you release fixes on old campaign first ?
    Dico tibi verum, libertas optima rerum, nunquam servili sub nexu vivito, fili
    Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwen View Post
    Also working on improvements to the current campaign such armor upgrades and unit variations. However we are really few people and things go slowly :\
    ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwen View Post
    We are working on a new campaign with new factions, new map and new features Also working on improvements to the current campaign such armor upgrades and unit variations. However we are really few people and things go slowly :\

np, do what you guys gotta do. Appreciate the feedback tho, thx.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Yeah, we will start releasing a lot of previews soon.

Domesticus

I'm downloading with utorrent.

I hope you let access your utorrent to make me download faster.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Is it downloading slowly?

Congratulations on the mod!

Domesticus

Congratulations!

I'm sure that version 1.0 will be a masterpiece.

Domesticus

That sub-mod are compatible with this version 0.69?

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Some of them have been already added to the 0.69 version like the settlement textures one.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast