Thread: Confusing

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

Default Confusing

Since a couple of days I'm trying to install this mod, without success. Until I did read that there are TWO versions, one for MTW2 and one for Kingdoms. Perhaps I'm a bit daft, but it wasn't very clear for me from the beginning. Am I correct when I say that for Kingdoms we have two dlv Teutonic Knight-files and one Lithuania mod nr 2 (meant for Kingdoms)?

If so, I wouldn't be surprised if this is part of the problem why some people can't get it running. Perhaps they mix up the files for MTW2 and the ones for Kingdoms. Please advise.

Senator

Default Re: Confusing

Yes - i agree - very confusing. Can any of the modders explain please?

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Installation :

Install Medieval2TW KINGDOMS

then install DLV "Teutonic Knights " 1.0 and update 1.2

Now you are ready to set up Lithuania mod 2 "Baltic Crusades

then go to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\dlv_teutonic_knights\data\ui

and delete three files

strategy.sd
    battle.sd
    shared.sd

And if the above wasn't clear enough, here's another explanation:

1. Install DLV Teutonic knights (both parts):
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/21275...none.part1.rar
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/21276...none.part2.rar

Install them into your main Medieval 2 directory (where the game .EXEs are located).

2. Then install Lithuania mod on top of that (overwriting the files):
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/21272...C+allinone.zip

This download will have to files in the .RAR archive.
    Install the 1.0 into the mod folder (should be something like \Medieval II Total War\mods\dlv_teutonic_knights) overwriting everything.
    Install the 1.2 by copying over the Data folder to the mod folder (same as above) and overwriting everything.

This Mod is really a bit confusing compared to others I've D/L & installed.

Neige help me out here.

so I D/L all the files i need for this install.

1) DLV teutons pt.1 (RAR file)
    2) DLV teutons pt.2 (RAR file)
    3) Lith Mod: BC (RAR file)
    4) Patch 1 (RAR file)
    5) BalticTW Submod 1.0

I open DLV Teut Knights pt.1 (RAR) & inside are 2 files:

1) DLV teut knights 1.0 exe
    2) DLV teuts Knight Patch 1.2 exe

I run & install DLV Teut Knights 1.0.exe into main ME2TW directory where the ".exe" files are located as instructions state.
    But don't run/install DLV Knight Patch 1.2.exe yet.

I then open up DLV Teut Knights pt2 (RAR) & the same files as in pt1 (RAR) are found. I install DLV teuts knight 1.0.exe file into main directory.

Now that both "DLV Teut Knights1.0.exe" files from pt.1 & pt.2 have been installed, do I install the "DLV Teut Knight Patch 1.2.exe" file found in both RAR? or was i suppose to run it after pt.1 & then again after pt.2?

this confuses me b/c of the other RAR folder labeled "Patch 1" that we're required to D/L & also the fact that file "DLV Teut Knights Patch 1.2.exe" comes in both RAR Folders of "DLV Teut Knights pt.1 & pt.2"

your help would be greatly appreciated

"Thanks be to Heaven, now the Half Moon Triumphs no longer over the Cross.....Neither have the Turks any occasion to upbraid us w/ their Blasphemous Mahometan Proverb: Ye Christians where is your God?"
    ~ King of Poland, Jan III Sobieski

That's weird, there shouldn't be two versions of "DLV Teut Knights1.0.exe". You need to install just one of it and then install "DLV Teut Knight Patch 1.2.exe" on top of it. Both of these - just once.

Once you do that, install "1 Baltic Crusades 1.0.exe" on top of that. But this time you have to point the installer to dlv_teutonic_knights mod folder, which should be found in this path: SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\dlv_teutonic_knights

The final step is extracting the folder named "BaltCrusPatch1.2 (Poland)" and copying the data folder inside it to the mod folder, overwriting everything.

I know it can be difficult because of the weird file names, but I hope this helps.

still struggling.

OK so when I go to install "Lithuanian Mod-BC" I open it up & it contains the following 4 files/folders:

1) BC 1.0.exe
    2) BC patch 1.2 (Poland) *folder*
    3) BC 1.3 Unit Balancing *folder*
    4) WinterbugFix LM2BC 1.3 *folder*

I proceed to install (1) & (2).

But what about (3) & (4)? do i also install those now in this same step after (1) & (2) or wait till later?

-------------

then I do the next step & delete these files located in Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\dlv_teutonic_knights\data\ui

strategy.sd
    battle.sd
    shared.sd
    Last edited by TMSKILZ; October 26, 2013 at 01:46 AM.

"Thanks be to Heaven, now the Half Moon Triumphs no longer over the Cross.....Neither have the Turks any occasion to upbraid us w/ their Blasphemous Mahometan Proverb: Ye Christians where is your God?"

Basically yes, but the Unit Balancing and WinterbugFix are not mandatory. Personally, I didn't use the Unit Balancing patch and the Wintersiegebugfix may not be necessary if you don't get CTDs during winter sieges. The last three files that have to be deleted are also not a mandatory step - you have to do it if you get UI glitches on the campaign (huge green boxes on screen). Some people have this bug, others don't.

But anyway, if you plan to use my submod (which you should ) you can just skip 3) and 4) without worries.
    Last edited by Neige; October 26, 2013 at 02:39 AM.

oh ok, that explains a lot.

when installing your submod, it's to be installed in main ME2TW directory where the exe files are located correct?