View Poll Results: Wich faction should take the Hattori's place ?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • IGA SOKOKU IKKI ( peasants , few armors , hit and run tactics )

2 9.09%
  • ASAKURA ( proud clan , few but deadly )

9 40.91%
  • HOSOKAWA ( Nobles and rich, chinese influence , not so skilled )

5 22.73%
  • TOYOTOMI ( will rappresent a generic little clan that rise to power )

4 18.18%
  • NANBAN FACTION ( a bit less historical ..but interesting )

2 9.09%
Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUE SAMURAI final

Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI

si lo faccio pero' devi testarlo te io non vedrei un tubo ..te lo uppo quando ho finito la versione 1 finale

if almost 2 of the 3 points are solved ( i dont think that the castle starvation turns thing can be modified ) the final release of version 1 will be uploaded in 1-2 days

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Okay ^^ Se non vedi un tubo a me dovrebbe anda' però E spediscimi pure delle beta se vuoi

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

BATTLE EXAMPLE

Lets see how my data tweaks have an impact on battles ... ive played a battle against the AI , on hard , attacking with 18k vs 20k ....

This battle as you see is basically lost , my troops ( the otomo ) are surrounded and with just few troops ( many of which depleted ) ... while the Shimazu are ruling the field and still with their best troops alive ( 3 katana cavalry , shock samurai and the hatamoto ) . In a vanilla game this battle is lost 100%.
    However i managed to spare from the fatigue of battle 3 units of Tercios , they are at great disadvantage in melee against katana cavalry and samurai in general , plus everything is routing around

But ...they did turn the tide ...

So the combat fatigue thing have added a new dimension to tactical decisions ..n

ciao, ma le modifiche che ci sono nella prima pagina funzionano già tutte? magari potresti integrarlo con questo http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=560409

srry for italian

lol,,why cant i modify my reply?

si le modifiche ci sono gia tutte ma a questo punto ti consiglio di aspettare la prima versione finale tra un giorno o poco piu' . Si quel mod e' interessante gli do un occhiata e magari vedo di inserirlo nella seconda versione

For editing post you must have 25 post and 1 week

PS bello essere così tanti italiani

PPS ho raccomandato ad un mio amico di testare la tua mod!

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

thank you anyway, it would be nice if you add more things to your mod, for exemple increased unit size and improved diplomacy

ah scusa,, la parte della campagna l'avevi fatta,, beh mancan solo le unità con piu' uomini,, poi magari potresti dare un'occhiata al darthmod per qualche altra miglioria. il tuo mod con qualche miglioria del darth sarebbe il mod definitivo ^^

The problem of diplomacy isnt only in the datas ...the problem of diplomacy is that no one invest anything in it and they pretend that the allies follow them to whatever end . Its also true that at hard or very hard you simply dont have the money to make donations to allies . with my mod you will have a bit more money ( even because navy and agents are restricted ) so you can invest in it .
    Diplomacy is Shogun 2 work ..but you have to care about it ( unfortunately often you have so many other problems that you can't care about it !!! )
    BTW now every nation will be much less aggressive and more reliable so that will help alot too .
    The NAtion Divide now is much less harsh and you should be able to keep long time allies with you .

Ive reduced unit size because with absurd units that resemble roman Centurie the tactic and historicity went to hell ...in almost every japanese paint and historic accounts lines were large and with few ranks . with units of 200 every battle look like a roman era battle and that is wrong . With the reduced numbers and ALOT of other modifications now battles are tactical and deep . (anyway in the final release of version 1 units are 25% bigger than the beta ..so the average samurai unit is 75 instead of 60 )

PS il darthomd per shogun 2 e' orripilante , ho usato e amato il darthmod per Empire e Napoleon , ma quello per shogun 2 e' uno zuppone che non rappresenta assolutamente il periodo storico ... le battaglie dopo l'iniziale "ohhhh quanti samuraiiii " sono assolutamente ingiocabili ( prova a gestire le truppe sulle mura ... ) in maniera tattica .
    Last edited by Fra70; February 03, 2013 at 03:13 PM.

Laetus

una mod tutta italiana? aspettavo questo momento

Hello Fra70,

I'm usually a lurker on forums, but I liked the beta so much that I registered to tell you about it.

I'd started two different Uesugi H/H campaigns. Only running one at the moment.

1) Enjoying the battles a bunch and am looking forward to the upcoming tiny bump in unit sizes.

Do you have any plans to mess around with the bow units? I'm a big fan of DMS tweaks to archery-mechanics, with the arrow-spread and lethality. Maybe something to look at would be the difference in how armored and unarmored warriors were affected by arrows. Also, extremely inaccurate, but will kill with one shot-bullets. I'm not a fan of projectile trails, but that's definitely a personal preference-thing

2+6) It's been mentioned already, but there seems to be a bit too much money after a couple of years into the campaign. Along with the bump in construction prices it may be a good idea to bump samurai costs and/or cut a bit of income at the mid to top end. While the time- and cap-constraints on samurais are great, after a few years, there is no monetary-constraint on building samurai.
    This is probably because I haven't gotten all that far in the campaign and because I haven't fought too many simultaneous wars or overextended myself, but after the initial couple of years, I don't find myself recruiting any ashigaru, at all. Maybe more restrictive capping of samurai is in order, or linking more closely the number of samurai to the number of provinces you own? Again, this may be just the particulars of my campaign.

4)There was an issue that I saw in the early beginnings of both campaign, enemy armies not moving while in my territory. They'd march in, but then camp out near my castle without actually laying siege. I haven't seen it after the beginning.

Something else that has happened in both campaigns at the start, lots of children. Within the first three years after getting married, in both campaigns, out popped four children.

After capturing Kaga, I started to build up the infrastructure. However, once I got to the point where I was able to recruit Late Ashigaru, I noticed that that unit, and only that unit, didn't have the armour-bonus. Not sure if levy ashigaru also suffer from this issue.

I noticed a crashing issue with auto- and quick save files once. I've never had this issue with any other mod or vanilla, but this may be an anomaly.

Once, on the diplomacy screen, I noticed the background graphics disappeared, becoming all-white. This, also, has never happened before, but, again, this may be just an anomaly.

Above, I focused on just the quibbles, possible-bugs, and thing I'd like, so I feel it needs to be said that I'm really, really liking this mod. The flow of battles is much improved over vanilla and other mods I've tried. Other than the issue stated above, the CAI is also much improved. The 12 turns/year makes the game feel much more strategic, as well, less a rush from one catastrophe to another. The increased focus on farm income is also a big plus for me.

Big fan.

ty for your patience testing the game !!

Do you have any plans to mess around with the bow units? I'm a big fan of DMS tweaks to archery-mechanics, with the arrow-spread and lethality. Maybe something to look at would be the difference in how armored and unarmored warriors were affected by arrows. Also, extremely inaccurate, but will kill with one shot-bullets. I'm not a fan of projectile trails, but that's definitely a personal preference-thing
    as you see ivent touched the missile parts of the game . I promise that i will consider seriousely the matter in the most historically accurate way for the release of versione 2 . I agree on projectile trails but are useful sometimes to see who is firing to who , anyway removing them will probably speed up the graphic ..i will think about that too

2+6) It's been mentioned already, but there seems to be a bit too much money after a couple of years into the campaign. Along with the bump in construction prices it may be a good idea to bump samurai costs and/or cut a bit of income at the mid to top end. While the time- and cap-constraints on samurais are great, after a few years, there is no monetary-constraint on building samurai.
    This is probably because I haven't gotten all that far in the campaign and because I haven't fought too many simultaneous wars or overextended myself, but after the initial couple of years, I don't find myself recruiting any ashigaru, at all. Maybe more restrictive capping of samurai is in order, or linking more closely the number of samurai to the number of provinces you own? Again, this may be just the particulars of my campaign.
    Yup that was already corrected for the final release 1 ( that i plan to release tomorrow ) , now you get a bit less money from taxes and that will correct many issues . ITs important to note that the game is thought and balanced for an HARD campaign . Ive also added an upkeep cost for castles . Also ive added a little income more if you have a surplus of food .

There was an issue that I saw in the early beginnings of both campaign, enemy armies not moving while in my territory. They'd march in, but then camp out near my castle without actually laying siege. I haven't seen it after the beginning.
    ehehe surely is something with the new CAI ... the new nuclear powered engineered CAI made with true samurai brain can cause some strange behaviour ...but i think that tactical unpredictablity is always a welcome thing

Something else that has happened in both campaigns at the start, lots of children. Within the first three years after getting married, in both campaigns, out popped four children.
    yes that is already corrected in the final release ...with 12 turns/year ive adjusted all that things accordily

After capturing Kaga, I started to build up the infrastructure. However, once I got to the point where I was able to recruit Late Ashigaru, I noticed that that unit, and only that unit, didn't have the armour-bonus. Not sure if levy ashigaru also suffer from this issue.
    i will check that issue
    I noticed a crashing issue with auto- and quick save files once. I've never had this issue with any other mod or vanilla, but this may be an anomaly.
    Once, on the diplomacy screen, I noticed the background graphics disappeared, becoming all-white. This, also, has never happened before, but, again, this may be just an anomaly.
    ivent touched strange things , you are using an english version of the game ? If yes i hope are just anomaly ...anyway i will do heavy playtesting again today .

Thank you for your opinions and i will work of the issues you mentioned before the final release !!
    Last edited by Fra70; February 04, 2013 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by delanis View Post
    Do you have any plans to mess around with the bow units? I'm a big fan of DMS tweaks to archery-mechanics, with the arrow-spread and lethality.

You could use the increased projectile damage pack itself from DMS in conjunction with this for now until fra add's to it.

However on topic. Great addition to my Shogun 2 game. Keep up the good work

I had a very nice battle!

Hard difficult, as always, but I'm going to try VH

The armies

Initial positions

Uh, their cav is trying to flanking me on the sides!(see also the pic pic before)

My right sides is getting crushed ;(

In the center the situation isn't better :\

But I supported my right side and I resisted to enemy's cav and the centre it's stable!

Emh, this was the last man killed :P

The results

OLD SIG

Ehm .... you have to be a bit more creative as deployment if you want to beat the AI with less funds ...the Big Line Vs Big Line was the only option with vanilla Shogun2 ...now you can be a bit more deep with units and deployment otherwise you will lose if you have an numerically inferior army .
    With deployment like that is like to roll a dice and meet the AI on his own field .... with my mod you can do many other things .
    Your deployment is actually what i dont want that happen in my mod ...being able to cover all the field with a line ( you were able to do that because you used 32 units x side !!!! )

Now ...GO TO PLAY AT VERY HARD WITH YOU SPENDING 8500 and the enemy 10000 and no more than 16 units x side ...that will force you to be creative and use my mod unique data tweaks !!!!

-20 rep x Vennonetes !!

Ma LoL, so I'll try to make 3 heroes vs 16 ashigarus LoL

OLD SIG

ma se proprio volessi aumentare le truppe c'è qualche opzione nell'ini?

Modifichi il preferences.script

OLD SIG

intanto aspetta la versione finale che metto domani che ha le truppe leggermente piu' grosse .... l'ho detto secondo me truppe troppo grosse snaturano la storicita' delle battaglie samurai e dunque non le farei mai piu grosse . Potresti aumentarle ma non e' facilissimo e l'ini non ci combina , faresti semmai meglio a provare altri mod piu consoni al tuo gusto come Darthmod o il Radiuos che e' cmq piu' supportato adesso .

x Vennonetes non ho veramente parole vai a giocare 8500 koku contro 10000 e ne riparliamo

Meanwhile ive managed to fix everything about the Togukawa faction ( not more at war with Oda but with Imagawa ) so the tomorrow release is sure ....