View Poll Results: Wich faction should take the Hattori's place ?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • IGA SOKOKU IKKI ( peasants , few armors , hit and run tactics )

2 9.09%
  • ASAKURA ( proud clan , few but deadly )

9 40.91%
  • HOSOKAWA ( Nobles and rich, chinese influence , not so skilled )

5 22.73%
  • TOYOTOMI ( will rappresent a generic little clan that rise to power )

4 18.18%
  • NANBAN FACTION ( a bit less historical ..but interesting )

2 9.09%
Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUE SAMURAI final

Senator

Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI

Quote Originally Posted by PumkinKing View Post
    Unit size is ok in my opinion, a big larger is ok but when you leave it on this size it is ok. I mean its Japan in 15 century, a little group of island, what do you expect how many people lived the this time?
    The small unit sizes may or may not be ideal gameplay-wise, but Japan was actually pretty populous at this time. There were around 20 million people on the islands, about as many as there were in France at the same time (modern Japan is twice as populous as modern France). Late armies routinely numbered in the tens of thousands (~25,000 in the Imagawa army at Okehazama, ~40,000 Oda/Tokugawa troops at Nagashino, ~80,000 on each side at Sekigahara, ~150,000 in Hideyoshi's invasions of Korea).

Surely the population was much more healtier than europe and was pretty numerous but the real combat force was just the 10-20% of the numbers we read ...things went to change at the end of the century with more useful ashigaru units but still the real fighting force was a little part .

Also like all the old time battles the masses did tend to escape when things looks not good for their side ,and in japan these masses usually managed to escape because usually there was no cavalry pursuit ( a samurai was not interested to cut down farmers ... )
    Even Miyamoto Musashi did escape from sekigahara ...

And the most important point for us .... im pretty sure that everyone who have played with very big units in Shogun2 will agree that every kind of tactic is lost , is just causing a morale shock that is pretty easy because the AI is obviousely dumb ( usually you put a line vs another line and you surround the edges ) .

After a hard fight against satomi kanto ist mine and i began to fight me my way to kyoto.( meter for meter against the ikko ikki now).
    I like how the small clans now can fight against the bigger ones, it seems date and ashina had a really long war.^^

The battles are still fun and all is working fine( samurai are really an elite unit against ashigaru), but i get 4000 - 5000 every turn, i mean isnt that little bit to much, i dont need to save money, i can build all after 1 or 2 turn of waiting.( I like how economi go´s now over the farm not the trade)

Meanwhile ive received opinions from my Steam friends that are trying the mod and ive compiled a little list of modifications that i will apply before is officially released . Feel free to add more suggestions ( possibily after you have played it )
    could you give some examples?

Yup ive noticed too that you receive a bit too much money ... that is something easy to tune . My biggest fear was to have the contrary ..its easier to scale down .

right now here is the list of things to adjust before the final release of version 1

1) i will add 1 troop to castles of 1st and 2nd level ( that will make regions hold a bit more
    2) i will probably raise the number of soldiers of 25% for each units ( but not to missile troops )
    3) i will change the alliaces of Tokugawa ..i will make them allied with Oda and in war with Imagawa ...its more historical in the long run and push the Togukawa to expand in the direction of the big Taked - Hojo coalition ( empires in the east are the ones who usually rule the game while Oda and Togukawa have always an hard time ), this will push also the Tokugawa in the direction of Edo too ( more historical )
    4) or i wll find a way to raise bribe costs or i will remove metsuke ( and maybe i raise cap for ninjas to 2 )
    5) Still searching a way to increase castle starvation turns but no luck until today
    6) im changing the look of Nanban Samurai to something less girlish
    7) i plan to change the hattori in a more historica clan ( Hosokawa probably ) but i think that this will have to wait version 2 of the mod .
    8) i will raise some costs of the game ( probably i will put an upkeep price on big castles )
    9) i will probably give better troops to some clans i see disappearing a bit too fast ( otomo and shimazu .... )
    Last edited by Fra70; February 02, 2013 at 06:19 AM.

1) i will add 1 troop to castles of 1st and 2nd level ( that will make regions hold a bit more
    sounds good, maybe there should be some differentkind of ashigaru, for example: late ashigaru in castle.

3) i will change the alliaces of Tokugawa ..i will make them allied with Oda and in war with Imagawa ...its more historical in the long run and push the Togukawa to expand in the direction of the big Taked - Hojo coalition ( empires in the east are the ones who usually rule the game while Oda and Togukawa have always an hard time ), this will push also the Tokugawa in the direction of Edo too ( more historical )
    sounds good, tokugawa get smashed really early and oda needed a second chance to get some provinces. plus its more historical accurate

4) or i wll find a way to raise bribe costs or i will remove metsuke ( and maybe i raise cap for ninjas to 2 )
    metsuke should be in game, without him ninja would be more annoying ( specially when there are 2 ^^)

5) Still searching a way to increase castle starvation turns but no luck until today
    yeah 4 seems a littlebit less, when a year goes so much turns

*allready said something about that*

7) i plan to change the hattori in a more historica clan ( Hosokawa probably ) but i think that this will have to wait version 2 of the mod .
    sounds good too. No "Ninja-Clan" anymore.

8) i will raise some costs of the game ( probably i will put an upkeep price on big castles )
    allready said something about, its to easy to build a big city.

9) i will probably give better troops to some clans i see disappearing a bit too fast ( otomo and shimazu .... )
    shimazu are still there

----------------------------------------------------

Maybe for future:

- Some events, for example ashigaru rank up into samurai-class (like hideyoshi did)

- 2. General in Army should gain more XP.

- 3 Skillpoints for level up (not really shure if good or not)

- generals should get some other abilitys like brave etc., daimyos have really cool things when they star ("holy fighter" etc.)

- i never really made night battles because they are in the ambush part of the skill tree and i use ambushes so often like i use to be christian clan ( on the other side i think night battles were not really typical)

there are some other ideas but i should think twice before i write them down here

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Quote Originally Posted by Fra70 View Post
    Ah, You Used Tercos torso Right? You better use Western_Style_torso

Ty weirdoascensor you are perfectly right !!
    But ....but ...but ...ive great news !! BullGod gave me the permission to use his fantastic
    Tercos mod !! now Nanban armours will look faaaaaantastic !!!

his mod is here

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=578801

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

And what about his unit cards too? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=452807 They're lovely and I think you could modify them for the ones to use for your new units

EDIT
    e così come logo?

PS amo'
    And what about more abilities to all the units?
    Last edited by VENNONETES; February 02, 2013 at 07:49 AM.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

are wondeful but i fear they are not clear ..i will think about them !! ....

for the abilities absolutely not !! :p i dont like the RST thing to have to click for unit abilities

Si ! la scrittura va bene come font ..ma la preferirei rossa e il bordo arancione o cmq sfumato in modo che sembri mangiata dal sole che deve essere piu' forte , cosi' e' tutto troppo scuro ( per aumentare il sole avevo semplicemente aumentato di un filo luce e contrasto niente di che )
    Last edited by Fra70; February 02, 2013 at 08:47 AM.

Se sei pignolo >< ma dove trovi uno che ti fa il banner seguendo tutte le tue istruzioni LoL?

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Allora

Prova 1

Prova 2

Devo mettere a posto un po' i bordi, lo so

OLD SIG

[G-Shock]'s Avatar Semisalis

There are 2 things I would like to see but I don't know whether or not this can be edited.

1) A more restricted camera view where you can't go so much far away from a friendly unit.

2) If the routing speed is not the same of the charge/run speed, I think it should be a lot faster than it is now. Troops would drop weapons and anything else that slowed them down during the rout. That would also increase the survival of routing units (high disband ratio) and the importance of cavalry when chasing. Do mind the AI doesn't pursue but when you lose the battle is instantly over... That's something else but I think it's in CA's hands.

Yeah those capable hands who are programming the same crap with new 3d models and selling as a whole new game...

1 There is an option called "realistic mode" or something like that that makes those things: rescricted camera, reduced banner, ect...

OLD SIG

ok final logo

Alé!

OLD SIG

today ive done almost all the work needed for a final release ...still waiting for some accounts of long campaigns to give the final touches to the campaign setup and AI .
    Basically there are only 3 things to do

1) change the little Oda's army of the tokugawa first mission into an Imagawa's one
    2) trying to search something to make bribing more expensive ( if possible )
    3) trying to make castles to endure more a siege ( if possibile )

I played the mod a bit today, and I have to ask you a few things:
    What about new stats for arty? Mangonels should be easier and cheaper than european cannons and also be faster to reload, Do you agree?
    I would also like your opinion on the balance beetween ashigarus and samurais I think that ashigarus should have, at least, 20/30 men more than samurais units, since samurais smash them very easily and a 900 koku samurai unit can easily (in my battles) smash 3 and sometimes 4 units of ashigarus!
    I didn't tried any campaign for now, could you tell me how are the recruitment times for ashigarus and samurais?

The BAI is very good in all my tests! I'm really happy that now battles are a big challenge!

OLD SIG

What about new stats for arty? Mangonels should be easier and cheaper than european cannons and also be faster to reload, Do you agree?
    to be honest ivent cared much about arty in almost 2 years of shogun ive saw them in battle 1 or 2 times ( in single player of course ) and that is quite historical ...so instead of making errors ive preferred to leave them as they are . If someone else agree i can change something ...

I would also like your opinion on the balance beetween ashigarus and samurais I think that ashigarus should have, at least, 20/30 men more than samurais units, since samurais smash them very easily and a 900 koku samurai unit can easily (in my battles) smash 3 and sometimes 4 units of ashigarus!
    thats is what i wanted ..from my tests a samurai unit can survive barely 3 units of ashigaru ( 2nd level )... they are full armored , they are skilled , they have no fear ...the farmers have their families at home and really dont care about honour and .... so i think is quite realistic !! a samurai unit is around 900 koku and 6 turns ...3 ashigaru units ( 2nd level ) cost totally a bit more but are avaliable in 2 turns each ...somethimes you cant wait 6 turns and you have to keep a balance between units on the maps and quality . Thats why ashigarus armed with a gun did cause all that clamor ... remember that ashigaru units until the end of XVI were just support troops

the new nanban units ...yes much less ...embarassing ...

and the beautifuful tercio troops from BullGod

E quando farai la localizzazione/upc per l'italiano? Il file te l'ho già mandato giusto? Devi solo aggiungere i nomi delle tue unità in fondo ^^

OLD SIG