View Poll Results: Wich faction should take the Hattori's place ?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • IGA SOKOKU IKKI ( peasants , few armors , hit and run tactics )

2 9.09%
  • ASAKURA ( proud clan , few but deadly )

9 40.91%
  • HOSOKAWA ( Nobles and rich, chinese influence , not so skilled )

5 22.73%
  • TOYOTOMI ( will rappresent a generic little clan that rise to power )

4 18.18%
  • NANBAN FACTION ( a bit less historical ..but interesting )

2 9.09%
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUE SAMURAI final

Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI

im making some correction after a long campaign playtesting ..nothing big ...the mod will be up for everyone to test it in an hour

here you can grab the beta .... you can try of course custom battles and the campaign ..even if im thinking to change the starting wars of some clans ( becuase the start is always too chaotic )

http://www.filefactory.com/file/2a4a...RUE_SAMURAI.7z

what i want to know is :

1) the battles are working fine ? are interesting , realistic and an improvement of vanilla ones ?
    2) the economy of the campaign work ? everything work fine ??
    3) the changes of the campaign AI are noticeable ?
    4) do everything work fine without major bugs or problems ?
    5) do the campaign feel more relaxed and riflexive ?
    6) do the changes on units costs/production have a good overall effect ?
    7) do the limitations on agents and navies improve the whole campaign ?
    8) do the new ZOC and reinforcement ranges make strategy more interesting ?
    9) are the 12 turns x year a way too many ?
    10) any kind of opinion is welcome

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Just a quick editing
    From
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

To

EDIT:
    I put the sun in the wrong position :\
    So here you are the correct one

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

[G-Shock]'s Avatar Semisalis

Are you going to also do the other 2 time periods? (ROTS-FOTS)

I think not even if the Genpei period is my favourite ( and its a far worse dlc than FOTS ) .

But if everything go right ...if the mechanics works well and im satisfied ...ive already planned the next step , something very big and new .

Gonna give the beta a shot today.

EDIT: How will I know if it is working properly?
    Last edited by Gorhaax; January 31, 2013 at 10:42 AM.
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

well you should see levy ashigaru units of 80 men at the beginning ( and the icon is different ) ..if you try the custom battle you see the new units ( nanban , late , levy ... ) and you should not see ninjas , nuns , onna , bombers .....

Ti faccio io un banner fra se vuoi, va bene?

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

per ora mi piace questa ..continua pure a fare immagini e ti dico quelle che mi piacciono ...ma soprattutto testa il gioco

And what about this?

Non è ancora ridotta per la signatura, ovviamente

OLD SIG

mmm no la scritta e' troppo flintstones ... se hai delle pennellate in rosso ( cioe' come l'ho fatta io ma con un font piu' jappo ) direi che e' perfetta . Oh sono maestro d'arte ehhhhhh

Testing is well underway ...ive noticed that after the inital earthquake ( due to the pre-existing state of wars )..the strategy map solidify with 10-12 quite big clans ( and not the 3-4 of the vanilla game ) , If confirmed that should be good and with a retouch of pre-existing diplomacy ( and maybe of pre existing armies ) the game should be perfect !!

I have done some battle testing and find the results very good, some things to mention:

-I really like the development of the ashigaru and getting rid of the unhistorical units
    -The unit sizes for my liking are too small, maybe an option for vanilla unit sizes, although samurai units could remain smaller, but more effective than ashigaru
    -Matchlock armed units could have a longer range and mass fire ability, because currently the fire by rank ability is bugged and a unit using it takes forever to open fire

ty ...i will take note

2) if i raise the number of ashigarus ive to raise the number of samurai too becuase otherwise it takes too long for a unit of samurai to defeat one of ashigaru and they will be dead tired ( its not a matter of ability , its a matter of time !! ). Anyway making units a bit bigger is an option ( 25% for each unit not more ) , lets hear what the others have to say

3) remember that the units shoud be very spread ( ive already lowered AI ranks ) and ive to think about sieges too , Ive added a matchlock unit as garrison type and if i improve them we risk that they are killing machines . But i will make more tries and we will see what the others think

thank you for your opinion and continue to test if you can ..campaign too !!

I think it is very good so far. I especially like the campaign changes. The only negative in my opinion is why are the unit sizes so small? I was used to playing the game with 400 men in an Ashigaru unit now it has gone to 100 and it is on ultra unit scale. Still even if the unit sizes are small it is still very fun to play.

My idea is that little units allow a more varied use of terrain , of space and of tactics ...however its even possibile that they are TOO small ( samurai is 60 men , ashigaru 80-100 ) ...i will consider giving a 25% of men more if other people agree . Im waiting results of long campaigns and more battle testing .

Tested some battles yesterday and it was really good. The AI´s moves are really tactical and you really need to hold some reserve. Its really fun and iam the same opinion then "VENNONETES".
    Unit size is ok in my opinion, a big larger is ok but when you leave it on this size it is ok. I mean its Japan in 15 century, a little group of island, what do you expect how many people lived the this time?. Summed up a really great mod, wich i will test further (today i will start campaign).

What i dislike is the style of the Nanban-Samurai, the idea is good, but the design is 'to much' i think, they should look more "simple"

A normal european cuirass would be enough in my opinion.

Are there bugs of is it only in my game?:

When i want to choose one of the new units the screen gets darker for 5 - 10 sec.(i think its the unitdescription, wich is noch working finde ^^)

The new units have no name ( maybe i have to change the game language?)

Sometimes the bow units fire its sounds like canonfire.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will write more later, after some testing. Maybee i have some suggestions later, too.

thank you for your time and your playtesting

1) i totally agree on the nanban units , the problem are the meshes , ive to find the right ones ( im not yet totally expert in every modding field ) ...it will not take much time and surely they will change for the first release

2)the problem of the dark screen is the Loc file ...right now the beta is only for the english version but i plan to release some in other languages ( i can do the italian one but for others i need help ) . So its a problem of Shogun 2 language version . ( thanks to Vennonetes for the infos about that )

3) the sound can be easily fixed putting a Sinfonia semplice pack in your Shogun 2 data folder ...you can download it here ( its a problem that every mod have , if you touch units stats automatically it mess the units sounds )

http://www.filefactory.com/file/5m5l..._Semplice.pack

ah ok, thanks for the quick answer.
    startet a hojo campaign now, its all a bit harder now but i really like it, everything is much more fun when it is more difficult.^^

to 1) its ok for now, just wanted to say that and if you change it in future it would be great ( maybe there should be some christian influence by using their techs., but thats just an idea)

to 2) finally its a beta i think, would be a wonder if all works 100 % right. I could make german translations, but only if it is based on the translation, i have no idea of modding ( i only can build maps with the editor a bit )

to 3) thanks, i will download it.

[G-Shock]'s Avatar Semisalis

It is easier to work on the unit stats for group of 100-man bulk units. What is really needed is those HUGE armies of the era, something Radious achieved and that the AI can handle (it's a proven fact I've fought countless 4 vs 4-stack battles). The unit size is not relevant when you have STACKS of troops in the rear lines.

At any rate, mind the stat ratio between Sam and Ashi... the more you increase the SAM unit size the more you'll have to increase the ASHI accordingly... for people used to play Warhammer Fantasy Battles, which is what all the other mods actually are, it can be daunting.

Problem is with realistic production-recruitment times and 12 month turnation it will take a long time before a real army can be built. Problem with changing the turn lenght is that armies would be allowed to march a LOT or become arcadish again.

at Sekigahara only 15-20% of troops really saw the fight .... armies were huge on paper but the real fighting force was minimum ( something that is common to many battles of the middle ages even in europe )

Radious is a splendid person and a great modder ( 10 times better than me ) , but my mod and his one are totally at the opposite ( conceptually )

Meanwhile ive received opinions from my Steam friends that are trying the mod and ive compiled a little list of modifications that i will apply before is officially released . Feel free to add more suggestions ( possibily after you have played it )