View Poll Results: Wich faction should take the Hattori's place ?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • IGA SOKOKU IKKI ( peasants , few armors , hit and run tactics )

2 9.09%
  • ASAKURA ( proud clan , few but deadly )

9 40.91%
  • HOSOKAWA ( Nobles and rich, chinese influence , not so skilled )

5 22.73%
  • TOYOTOMI ( will rappresent a generic little clan that rise to power )

4 18.18%
  • NANBAN FACTION ( a bit less historical ..but interesting )

2 9.09%
Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUE SAMURAI final

Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI v2

Nr. 2 looks great! But it sounds hard to accomplish...
    So, my vote would go out fot Nr. 2 !

Nr. 1.

I would prefer Nr. 1, but when you use Nr. 2 i wouldnt see anny problem there

ive inserted some changes that should make the game less easy when you are too powerful

1) now the AI spend less in agents and more in infrastuctures and army and expecially diplomacy
    2) the more bigger you are the more you are hated ( also probably there will be some changes , for example vassals will not count anymore against the realm divide limit but conquered provinces will count the double )
    3) great trade and farm building give you a little less than before
    Sounds good, more difficult = more fun

I also have an suggestion! Maybe you could cap the Hatamoto units to one of a kind. Because when you have 2xKatana, 2xYari,2x Bow-Hatamoto in your army the army is really difficult to defeat for the AI. The Hatamoto should be some really special and expensive since they are such an elite troop. One time the Mori attacked a Level 2 Fort of me, witch 2xKatana and 1x Bow hatamoto and won against all the units in the fort.

The hatamoto are already capped at 2 and they can make the difference only in a medium/small battle , we will see but i think i will leave them as they are ( i will like alot making new textures for them instead )

Meanwhile im starting to attack the last two features for versione 3 ...
    1) insterting the new faction , the Asakura ( they will have TOTALLY unique units probably even in textures )
    2) make that rebels are less common rebels but more the unused clans of Shogun 2 ...so im trying to make the Ishida , Toyotomi , Hosokawa , Kuroda and Ukita clans to appear as rebels .That will be nicer even if i dont know if it will be possible to extablish diplomatic relactionships with them

After ive made that two (big ) things i wil work fixing sounds and then it will be all over :p

great I have other suggestions. As in other mods I think agents and generals should have 3 skill points each level. What do u think?
    Ministerial bonuses should be improved, now they are useless
    Aaaand the last question: why we can't have mangonels and other siege units at the beginning ...

Mmmm i prefer to be forced to make decisions regarding generals instead of having them good at everything ... with my mod generals are more common and they cost less ( 500 instead of 1000 ) so you can specialize them or even use them as governors , something that usually in normal shogun 2 campaigns you cant afford to do !! So maybe i will improve their economic benefits a bit ...

I dont agree on the siege units because they were really never used in battles and their use in siege is so poor documented ..better to leave them as a rare thing .

Laetus

Are you planning to change the clans bonuses? Tokugawa fells a little underpowered without the kisho ninja units present.

the new diplomatic situation advantage them alot ...anyway i will see to remove the things that dont work anymore .

Quote Originally Posted by Fra70 View Post

I dont agree on the siege units because they were really never used in battles and their use in siege is so poor documented ..better to leave them as a rare thing .
    mmm ok but we have now a useless building.. U can add new bonuses or units

Laetus

Two useless buildings to be exact, the ninja special building giving exp boost to kisho ninjas as well (don't remember the name). Of course you can just not build it, but the AI sure do.

I can make the CAI build them less .. but ...The ninja buildings gives a little money for free ( no food ) , give happiness and permit recruitment of ronins (very expert ronins for high tier ninja buildings ) ...so are not useless , instead are very important for AI clans that are not very wise to manage buildings with upkeep . The siege machines building is still a necessary path to arrive to muskets production ( a necessary delay in a 12 turns/year mod )

Laetus

I can make the CAI build them less .. but ...The ninja buildings gives a little money for free ( no food ) , give happiness and permit recruitment of ronins (very expert ronins for high tier ninja buildings ) ...so are not useless , instead are very important for AI clans that are not very wise to manage buildings with upkeep . The siege machines building is still a necessary path to arrive to muskets production ( a necessary delay in a 12 turns/year mod )
    No, no you misunderstood me, pardon for my english then, I meant the special province building chain around Kioto.

Today ive tested if the new campaign modifications and CAI in general works fine ...and ive added 2 things
    1) every province you annex you get a -2 diplomatic hit
    2) ive increased garrisons by 1 unit

right now im working on making the "hidden" clans ( Ishida, Hosokawa , Kuroda , Toyotomi and Ukita ) to spawn in some provinces instead of generic rebels

Today ive tested if the new campaign modifications and CAI in general works fine ...and ive added 2 things
    1) every province you annex you get a -2 diplomatic hit
    2) ive increased garrisons by 1 unit

right now im working on making the "hidden" clans ( Ishida, Hosokawa , Kuroda , Toyotomi and Ukita ) to spawn in some provinces instead of generic rebels
    AWSUM!

some images while im testing the game :p

Today ive just refined the game on little secondary things but necessary to polish the game ..ive a slight fever so i was unable to work of deep things :p Still 2 big things to do ( faction and rebels ) and we can go to wrap up things and finish the mod
    Last edited by Fra70; February 25, 2013 at 01:20 PM.

Nice Piqs Fra70
    I look forward to playing v3!

YESSSSSSSSS the Ishida have spawned as rebels and their flags are shown !! So now instead of those boring dull rebels we have 5 historica clans ( Kuroda, Ishida , Hosokawa , Toyotomi and Ukita ) ...that of course is only an aesthetic change ( becuase you cant establish diplomatic relations with them and they will not expand ) that give more historical flavour ...but but ...im thinking about changing the unuseful Portuguese and Wako faction into the Ukita and the Toyotomi so they could act as true emergent factions ...i will think about it .

s

I love the mod, it is awesome! I just one thing I want to ask you.

What is your reasoning behind the armor values for samurai units?

Currently all have the value 10 (exception no-dachi). That means bow units fall completely out of favour in the late game (exception is the "bow hero"). As of now I smash every army with one stack, no matter what they bring beause of their high number of archers.
    I understand that you where tired of the archers killing efficency, but as of now there is no reason to not box/entrench your army since the archers really dont pose a threat. I see this as a flaw/OP for the player and reduce the challange of the game in the latter stages.

My suggestion would be to increase their accuracy or reduce samurai armor by a fraction.

Also, the blacksmith regions have no use for the armor type since the units you do want to keep does not need them at all. Their boost from 10-14 hardly matters becuase of diminishing returns.
    I'd rather see if it could be done, to increase armor each 3'rd rank the unit gains. As a suggestion, if you feel that this does not break with what your vision of the mod is.

As in: Katana Samurai Rank 1 6 Armor. Katana Samurai Rank 1 8 Armor .Katana Samurai Rank 1 9 Armor

Other than that, I am loving it!

Regards ZilverZamp.

Thank you for your interest !! lets see ..

What is your reasoning behind the armor values for samurai units?
    Currently all have the value 10 (exception no-dachi). That means bow units fall completely out of favour in the late game (exception is the "bow hero"). As of now I smash every army with one stack, no matter what they bring beause of their high number of archers.
    I understand that you where tired of the archers killing efficency, but as of now there is no reason to not box/entrench your army since the archers really dont pose a threat. I see this as a flaw/OP for the player and reduce the challange of the game in the latter stages.
    My suggestion would be to increase their accuracy or reduce samurai armor by a fraction.
    The tests ive done lead me to think that bows are still powerful ...they can still kill a good number of samurai ( and since samurai are less and cost much more in time and gold every kill counts ) ..so they are still a very good tactical weapon . Also the bow technological tree is MUCH faster than all the others ...also if the bow fall out of favout in the late game is also pretty historical after all . If i reduce the samurai armor value really i make them too weak , thats my fear.
    Bow units have also an high survivability percentage and are very prone to gain experience ... they could be really become killing machine ..expecially if samurai units . Untrained ashigaru archers HAVE to be not much effective .

Also, the blacksmith regions have no use for the armor type since the units you do want to keep does not need them at all. Their boost from 10-14 hardly matters becuase of diminishing returns.
    I'd rather see if it could be done, to increase armor each 3'rd rank the unit gains. As a suggestion, if you feel that this does not break with what your vision of the mod is.
    As in: Katana Samurai Rank 1 6 Armor. Katana Samurai Rank 1 8 Armor .Katana Samurai Rank 1 9 Armor
    mmm not sure that a difference from 10 to 14 dont make difference ... i would prefer to have that 4 points more heading to a battle ... i would LOVE to implement better armors with experience but i HATE the fact that is not rappresented in 3d ..as an old miniature player to me "what you see is what you have " ...i did really hate that in shogun is not possible to show improvements of armors like was possibile in M2TW !!
    However if many agrees that the armors/balance is not correct i can always change it but to me right now it works fine even if i will take in count your perplexity ( you can be right after all !! ) .