View Poll Results: Wich faction should take the Hattori's place ?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • IGA SOKOKU IKKI ( peasants , few armors , hit and run tactics )

2 9.09%
  • ASAKURA ( proud clan , few but deadly )

9 40.91%
  • HOSOKAWA ( Nobles and rich, chinese influence , not so skilled )

5 22.73%
  • TOYOTOMI ( will rappresent a generic little clan that rise to power )

4 18.18%
  • NANBAN FACTION ( a bit less historical ..but interesting )

2 9.09%
Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUE SAMURAI final

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: TRUE SAMURAI

Oh, great! Fra, hai visto il mio messaggio per l'upc?

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

I made and tested the UPC for the italian game! Thanks to fra for his help https://lh.rs/wA9AEEEjFVrt

@Fra, posso caricarlo sul workshop insieme ai miei altri upc?

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

KATO YARI CAVALRY

Eccentric and ruthless warriors ... they arent numerous as other cavalry and neither more skilled ..but they cause fear ... and of course are cheaper .

they can be found in Higo

cioe' hai estrapolato i miei cambiamenti che avevo fatto al loc e li hai riformattati in maniera che funzionano ?

Meanwhile ..only 3 units to go ...then ive to make icons and implement the provincial buildings to have them

Sì, e ho anche fatto una pagina per la mod qui http://twonline.forumfree.it/?t=64926230 (è il maggior forum TW italiano insieme a MTWI)

PS mi metteresti nei crediti per l'upc e l'immagine? Se vuoi eh

OLD SIG

certo che si anche se li avevo messi in basso creado ..li rimettero' piu' evidenti ^^..metto il link diretto al tuo mod per la lingua

Quote Originally Posted by Fra70 View Post
    certo che si anche se li avevo messi in basso creado ..li rimettero' piu' evidenti ^^..metto il link diretto al tuo mod per la lingua
    I'm blind

Anyway, I suggest you to use the for separate the areas of the front page

[*CONTENTBOX="QUELLO CHE VUOI SCRIVERE"]IL TESTO CHE DEVI METTERE DENTRO[/CONTENTBOX]
    Rimuovi l'asterisco ottieni:

QUELLO CHE VUOI SCRIVERE
    IL TESTO CHE DEVI METTERE DENTRO

OLD SIG

ehhhh one step at time !!! first the mod finished ...then the public relations !!

HOSOKAWA NAGINATA SAMURAI

The hosokawa family did fail to use his powers ( they were in a central position , quite rich , and very close to the court )to gain much in the sengoku jidai period ...only at the end they did choose the winning side ...So i wanted to rappresent them with a very well armoured unit that lack a bit on the fighing skills .Anyway even if they are slight worse of their naginata counterparts they are very cheap and still a very valuable and well armored unit ( and indeed very beautiful to see )

they will be recruitable somewhere around Kyoto ..still to be decided

tryed the battle against the yamana, but it was impossible. a whole samurai stack against my ashigaru(with a few samurai) is not makeable. i really wonder how the ai gets so much money to get such an "hero-army".

i thought it was aim of your mod to prevent such samurai only armys (just a joke)

P.S. the new units look great.

belive me i saw only medium armies in my campaigns ...you did fall victiom of an unfortunate serie of events ... ....try again and let me know if that happen again

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

I've seen pretty well balanced armies so far. Most stacks contain a few cavalry, a few samurai, and a bunch of ashigaru. Of course, MY stack is a little less balanced I must say, but that's my prerogative right?

I started by training as many Samurai as I could, but this proved somewhat dangerous. My enemy, the Ito clan, took to raiding the countryside and destroying my farms. This made for a wonderful realization - I can't raise levies if my farm is being raided. That's a great side-effect of them being recruited at the farms and adds to the tactical use of raiding.

My garrison meant a standoff. As I tried to recruit an army, the Ito freely raided in my lands. However, once my Samurai and Ashigaru were done recruiting, I took to the field and defeated them decisively in a "winner-take-all" kind of battle.

Since then I've continued to recruit mostly Samurai, my superior force has made conquering half of Kyushu go pretty smoothly. Things will get interesting when I hit that Katana Samurai recruitment cap, but so far Satsuma has provided very well for me
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

List of the things to do to arrive to version 2

- Reskinning Red Devils ..so they are red for everyone ... - that will take some time since its from Medieval 2 that i dont reskin units , nothing tragic but it will take time
    - Making the icons for the 10 new units - is a pain but will be done in an evening
    - implementing the new buildings to "produce" the 10 new units in specific regions only - ive to follow a couple of tutorials and i hope there will not be major problems , can take little time or be a tragedy :p
    - make some changes again i was hoping to avoid to the startpos .that will take a couple of days ..
    - making unique the special units of each clan ( katana samurai for shimazu , ashigaru for oda etc ) ..expecially visually - Thats is easy

So is a bit more work of what i did planned , lets hope to not find big problems . Anyway im happy to know that there is no bugs with version 1 and that is alot .
    Last edited by Fra70; February 11, 2013 at 05:51 PM.

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

Oh Fra7o it's possible to give a unit unique colors without giving them a unique texture. I'm not at my computer now to check how but it's easy to do and I can check how a bit later!

edit: here we are, back at my computer. To give a uniformID its own unique color scheme, simply go to:

db/uniform_to_faction_colours_tables/

Add in the uniform of the unit you'd like to color (in this case, the Red Devils). The color scheme I did for them was:

False, 200, 0, 0, 200, 0, 0, 200, 0, 0, soldier
    False, 200, 0, 0, 200, 0, 0, 200, 0, 0, officer

I've also made a little pack for Honda Tadakatsu and Ii Naomasa cavalry. Each is colored appropriately and has the Battle of Sekigahara version of their officers leading the units (so we have the horned Honda!)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgla95v5jt...Tadakatsu.pack
    Last edited by MagicCuboid; February 11, 2013 at 10:24 PM.
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

mmm great ...i will try it immediately

but your pack is made for which units ? vanilla ones of which kind ?

Okay, so Started my 3rd game, decided to give it another go. Started as Oda, and had a yari yard to start, so killed some rebels and took the place above me, took one below me a while later but hojo pushed in too hard with Ronin units for me to go very far. Hattori declares war on me and the ninja kills one of my generals and sabotages my yari drill yard T-T so I decide to attack them with my full army!

One turn later I send my ninja in to scout ahead of me... he has a full stack of Ronin katanas/yaris/bows and several generals outside of his castle..... I decided to call it quits at that. My army pushed my income down to about 200 and I couldn't be bothered to wait 25 turns to tech to upgrade my rice fields, I can only imagine his army would be even bigger in that time.

I like this mod because it means you need small weak armies until you can expand, but its so difficult in the beginning to get anywhere because of tricks like the sake den giving top tier units at the beginning with 1 turn to wait.

At which difficulty you play ? its strange what happen to you ...
    Btw its even probable that you have another mod running below mine . beware to not have other mods *.pack ( but saved as mov ) that start without even being actiivated in the mod panel .
    Anyway everyone will start to declare war to you if your spread too thin from the beginning ...you said you conquered the Saito land ..why even the Kikkawa that are usually big friends of oda ??
    when you have 2-3 provinces you can start relaxing a bit , its a 12 turns game there is no need to rush from the beginning ...plan your agricolture ...do trades ...and reinforce your army ..choose allies wisely ( never many ) then wait a favourable situation and go to war
    Ronins are so expensive as upkeep that will kill your economy if more than 1-2 units and plus are capped how was possibile that he filled and entire army with them ?

ASANO KATANA SAMURAI

A little (40) and lightly armoured unit but very skilled ...and they inspire nearby units with their courage
    you can have 2 of them in Bingo

Ii Red Devils Cavalry Samurai

With the help of MagicCubold here the Red Devils in shiny red .... They are great assaullt units , with everything excellent , their only weak point is a limited anti-cavalry bonus ( they are not excellent horsemen ) .Ive equipped them with an appropriate Mogami do and some have the closest thing to Naomasa ridicolous horns

you can have 2 of those in Totomi

Wow, the new units look all great.

I started a new campaign, after the "Yamana-Hero-Army" thing. I chose the Shimazu, so i could get some more expierince with the mod, without to much trouble. At the beginning i had an awesome war with the shoni, they got whole kyushu and sagara( alliance) and me got it to defeat them. Had an awesome final battle. where i took place on a mountain and he tried to flank me with is cav. ( he had problems because of all the cliffs )

After the war, i had some relax time. Got the new farm level and begann to upgrade my army. ( the only annoying thing was to get away that damn christanity ^^)

I decided to attack ouchi, with their alliance mori and i come forward very fast. After a while chosokabe landed in one of my provinces ( not a big thing, army is allready decimated)

But now Mori attacked one of my citys again with such an Samurai army. I can proudly say that i was able to kill many of them only with my garrision (+ 1 unit naginata monks) .

With more dangerous arrows iam sure i would have be able to wipe out much more .

Summed up your mod is awesome and its a shame that you want to end after that 3 Versions.^^