Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Roman unit roster preview] Is the shortness of the models intended?

Default [Roman unit roster preview] Is the shortness of the models intended?

they are quite short and that makes their heads look bigger (speaking about those shown in the previews)
    Last edited by Kranos; January 17, 2013 at 01:57 PM.

PlayerOne's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [units height] Is the shortness of the models intended?

They are the same size, if not taller, than the RTW units already in game. Also the body and head are taken from ETW.

Talking about Roman roster preview They have weird proportions : whether their height is too small or their heads are oversized.

Last edited by Kranos; January 17, 2013 at 02:01 PM.

Like i said they are ETW proportions. But we will have a look.

They seem a bit undersized,which is normal for B.C Mediterranean region. Proportions are a bit wrong. Normally, an adult male body would be 8 heads tall. These look 6 heads tall.
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

I think it looks like that thanks to the helmets.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

I never noticed this ingame...

Hoplite,you couldn't have noticed it as the models discussed haven't been released yet. The ones available now are from RTW.
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Yayattasa View Post
    I think it looks like that thanks to the helmets.
    You are correct these certainly add to the proportions.

I will check the units. Shouldn't take long if I need to change them slightly.
    Last edited by PlayerOne; January 17, 2013 at 02:07 PM.

Default Re: [Roman unit roster preview] Is the shortness of the models intended?

OK the heads have been re-sized. The head to body ratio is now between 1/7 and 1/8.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thanks for the input guys.

Default Re: [Roman unit roster preview] Is the shortness of the models intended?

Not a big difference.I dont think the issue is only their head size but mostly all proportions.This is a strange occurence : never seen this kind of models in any mod. Pls. solve this or Ill be suspecting you of not knowing the concept of height

As i have said before, the body is taken from ETW. So does this mean you have a problem with the models from that game?

Also could you be more specific instead on saying its just the unit?!?!

Dont ressemble at all with ETW models.
    Do you know other mods who are using the same body? (just to make comparisons). Is Roma Victrix using them?
    Last edited by Kranos; January 18, 2013 at 12:15 PM.

I think it's because of the head. oversized a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by JustDoit8 View Post
    Hoplite,you couldn't have noticed it as the models discussed haven't been released yet. The ones available now are from RTW.
    True. I originally thought this was about 0.97 version.

Quote Originally Posted by ♅Sturm und Drang♅ View Post
    Dont ressemble at all with ETW models.
    Do you know other mods who are using the same body? (just to make comparisons). Is Roma Victrix using them?

The Roma Victrix models have somewhat oversized helmets and cloth tunics. I tried that mod recently. Clothes and armor seem to "wear" people, if you catch my drift.

I have checked my models against other models from different mods and the height, dimension and head size are very much the same. Maybe its the angle of the screen shot taken but the model dimensions are fine.

I think it would be best if you could please wait for the release and see the models for yourself in game. Shouldn't be to long now from next release.
    Then hopefully you can pass on your opinions and any improvements I can make. I am not the best modeller and skinner but as this mod has no others then your are stuck with me I am afraid. Sorry!!

you make that sound like a fatality. You can ask a little help in this to other modellers.
    Hows that it shouldnt be too long from the next release? All can I see here is a preview on the romans.

Instead of waiting for years to finish a whole mod we have decided to work on a few factions at a time and then release a new version.

I think the model are find PlayerOne, in my short life i have seen plenty of weir people with weird proportion... and your models are find !
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast