Thread: Animations

stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

Default Animations

Hey, I've been a long time fan of this mod, and I've been installing the units into my own vanilla M2TW for personnel use. I've had no problem doing this with units from Ruischi and Magyar Mod, but I noticed that your archers, like the polish strelzty, use a different type of archery animation that is exclusive to your mod. Is there any way I can get at the new animation so the archers don't look weird in my vanilla game? I know how to install new animations, as I did this before to get the Marka Horse animations in my game. I just need the appropriate animation files to install.

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Default Re: Animations

I don't know for sure, but they may use the "Animated Bowstrings" animations from Banzai, of which can be found in the Modding Workshop section.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiğinn Veğr: Total War

Ah, that would explain the peculiar names of the animations. They all have "string" at the end. Thanks for the suggestion!

Ok, I got the crossbow animations to work, so the mounted crossbowmen and regular crossbowmen look good with the animations from Banzai's pack. But I'm still having a problem: For some reason, there are a ton of files missing from the "M2TW Longbow String" animation folder, files that I need in order to get the animation pack to rebuild properly. Same goes for the "M2TW Shortbow String" and the corresponding mounted archer animations. I wanted to use the animations so I can get your Lithuanian Cavalry working, but I can't find the files anywhere. Any suggestions? Is there a way I can just unpack the Baltic: Total War animation packs?