Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to change borders in Stainless Steel 6.4

Default Re: How to change borders in Stainless Steel 6.4

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    If you want to change ownership you can also create a new garisson for the settlement under Characters>New. Choose a name for the guy, choose wether he's a captain or a general and choose his army, it's not very hard and pretty selfexplanatory.
    I would like to change the ownership for a region. It is now rebel. How can I remove the rebel army and put faction army instead? I made a general and tried to move him to the settlement but geomod said 'there is already a character' or something and I do not know what characters and how to remove them.

I use bare geomod and vanilla maps.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

First move the existing garrison or simply change the composition (name and faction of the character) of that garrison. Then select the region and change the ownership via Regions\Various\Owner faction (Geomod Tool).

But how can I add rebel army? There are Normans and Saxons type but no rebel. I added hungarians changed ownership to minor factions and geomod chrashed.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

To create rebel armies with the Geomod tool proceed as follows:

1. Create a regular army with the faction ownership that the rebels should have, eg set the faction to moors if you want a moorish rebel army.
    2. Place the army on the map
    3. Validate and then change the faction to rebels and the subfaction to the previous faction entry, eg moors
    4. Validate again and you are set.

Note: if you change the faction to rebels BEFORE placing the army on the map then Geomod will crash with all the usual nasty consequences (corrupted files etc)

Icon5 Re: How to change borders in Stainless Steel 6.4

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The first time you use the Geomod tool on an existing mod you have to do two things:

1. Make a backup
    2. Open and save the mod in Geomod without doing any edit

The first will save you tears
    The second will show you if there is some formatting (or custom entries) that Geomod rejects and then crashes on save. Crashing on save in Geomod means messed up files, hence number 1.
    Hi Gigantus,

I've seen your posts countless times here on TWC and I want to thank you for eveything you do. I had a simple question regarding the changing of province size. Based on what I've read here, I believe I could do this without using Geomod (in any case I prefer editing by hand).

I just wanted to change some of the provinces (cut out a piece from one province and add it into another) in the regular SS 6.4 install from June 2020. I have a Steam install of M2TW. Like the OP, I am trying to edit the Targoviste province so that all of the land south of the Danube river is part of the Constantinople province. Unfortunately no changes ended up happening once I followed all the steps, saved and launched the game.

I edited the map_regions.tga files using GIMP to make provinces the shape/size I want. There are 4 files in total when you search for map_regions in the folder ss6.3; I think the most important one is in ss6.3\data\campaign\early, but I backed up + edited all 4. I ran SS6.4 Setup again and chose Early Campaign, Gracul AI, Weak Heretics. Regardless, there was no change when I started the game using the SS6.4 Launcher.

This is my edit of map_regions.tga:
    https://imgur.com/a/Tv7yijH

I tinkered around with a few other things too, such as changing the default Arab_Rebels in Sinop to Greek_Rebels in the file descr_regions.txt, but this also was not updated (there was no change once I saved and ran the game, it still said Arab Rebels on hover for the settlement of Sinop on the campaign map). It seems I'm missing some other, more important file, that is overriding my desired changes.

Could you please point me in the right direction? I'm very grateful for any help. Thanks!
    modesticus

P.S. Sorry for necroing the thread, but conversely, clearly this game generates enough interest to post about it in 2023.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12