Thread: My rollercoaster

JihaadJim's Avatar Foederatus

Default My rollercoaster

So I've just finished a roller coaster that I have been working on for quite some time now. I'm sure there are many other better ones, but I'm quite happy with it. It has an underwater segment, at one point hits bedrock, comes with an admittance/minecart sale booth built into the coaster. On the world, I also have a few homes. Nothing impressive, but they suit me fine. If anyone is interested, I could put up some screenshots?

Default Re: My rollercoaster

Well, I am making an adventure map and there are some large rail cart segments on it. Are there contraptions the decide the direction of the rail cart? If you, send a screen.

Well, it only goes one way, but if you need any help, I do know how to make minetracks have multiple ends.

Tell me all you know.

Alright, so you need to use normal minetracks for this, because they are the only ones that can turn. You have two tracks going off from it. It will most likely default, and the track will be going in the first direction you layed down. I'll try and do a diagram.

-------- /-----
    |
    |

Ok, so here's your rail. The slash is the bend. Say you lay down the right track first. It should just bend to that track, ignoring the other. However, to change this, you apply redstone power.

+
    --------\ -----
    |
    |
    Say the plus is a redstone torch. Because the track is receiving power, it changes to the other direction. You can utilize this, using levers hooked up to redstone wiring.

-------- /----- .
    Ok, *= lever, the dots are redstone wiring. You can hide the redstone better by going under the ground, but it's hard to show that one this diagram. So, flipping the lever outputs redstone power, we all know that, and the wiring will take the power all the way down to the intersection, where because the redstone on/off thing has changed, it will go the other direction. If you want to have the default direction (the one that doesn't need redstone power to go down) as the one that isn't default, either just leave the lever on and they'll have to turn it off to access the other direction, or make an inverter.

.......[]+.......
    Like that, at some point in the wire.

D

Quote Originally Posted by JihaadJim View Post
    Alright, so you need to use normal minetracks for this, because they are the only ones that can turn. You have two tracks going off from it. It will most likely default, and the track will be going in the first direction you layed down. I'll try and do a diagram.

-------- /-----
    |
    |

Ok, so here's your rail. The slash is the bend. Say you lay down the right track first. It should just bend to that track, ignoring the other. However, to change this, you apply redstone power.

+
    --------\ -----
    |
    |
    Say the plus is a redstone torch. Because the track is receiving power, it changes to the other direction. You can utilize this, using levers hooked up to redstone wiring.

-------- /----- .
    Ok, *= lever, the dots are redstone wiring. You can hide the redstone better by going under the ground, but it's hard to show that one this diagram. So, flipping the lever outputs redstone power, we all know that, and the wiring will take the power all the way down to the intersection, where because the redstone on/off thing has changed, it will go the other direction. If you want to have the default direction (the one that doesn't need redstone power to go down) as the one that isn't default, either just leave the lever on and they'll have to turn it off to access the other direction, or make an inverter.

.......[]+.......
    Like that, at some point in the wire.

D
    *Sorry, hit enter. Meant to say,
    Does this help?

Oh god dang it, the diagram didn't work. Ok...

-
    -
    -------/\ Diagram 1
    -
    -

-
    -
    -------\/+ Diagram 2
    -
    -

-
    -
    -------/\ .. Diagram 3
    . - .

Diagram 4 was fine.

What do all theses Symbols mean.

I am confused very much by them.

Yeah, I'm afraid the diagrams don't work. The symbols just decide "I'll go over here instead of where I was typed" or "I'll just delete myself for no reason". I'll tell ya what, would you like me to make a world save with it all explained inside minecraft? It would be a hell of a lot easier to understand.

Alright, so I've made a world save to explain it to you. Go to the far left rails first. The world save is the attachment. Download it, and select "extract to rail explanation". It will make a folder, which you should cut and paste into the 'saves' folder in your .minecraft. To bring up your .minecraft, click your start menu, and type in the search all programs and files this exactly: %appdata% it will show a folder called roaming. Click into roaming, and it will bring up a my computer tab, near the top there should be .minecraft. Enter this, enter the saves folder and paste the folder. I know it's a lot of work for the explanation, but it's far easier to understand in minecraft itself.

Very good, Jim.

All sorted? Need any more help with anything?