Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Which Nation would you play first?

djsint2's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Which Nation would you play first?

I thought the thread title is "which nation would you play first?" Instead of "why do you hate america?"

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

OK NOW SHUT THE UP; THIS IS TOO OFFTOPIC!!!
    thank you

all off good old worlds population did sth that is nowadays defined as "crime against humanity"
    EVERY SINGLE ING NATION OR PEOPLES ON THIS MOTHERING BLUE PLANET!
    so shut your mouth and carry on discussing about ww1 era. FIN

Herr Lindstrom's Avatar Semisalis

^ Couldn't have said it better myself

Btw I'm loving the Danes in the recent update I'm already planning my battle tactics against the Norwegians and Swedes

i also love to think of "what if spain/norway/sweden/denmark/mexico etc joined the war?"

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

you forgot The Netherlands!

yeah right, they were in fact very close to join the war. in 1916 they even began to buy brodie helmets to be prepared!

Blog Entries

Buying brodie helmets but joining the Germans ?

Public opinion and generals even the queen where for joining the Germans

but they really bought and equipped their soldiers with the brodie helmet afak! kinda ironic...
    you got different reliable info?

Blog Entries

It was what I was learned on college.
    Be that a Dutch college.

I'll see if I can find something about it

Herr Lindstrom's Avatar Semisalis

Gotta say Punitor I'm loving the improvements. Before I could barely tell which units I was using. Now that I know what I'm using and what I'm against I can finally come to a conclusion as to which faction I will play as first once you get the Campaign playable. I will choose France. Only because I desire to see how it is to fight as a major power immediately adjacent to another super power. Then I'll play as Serbia to get a sense of how it's like to play as a minor faction during an epic war. I've played as them in TGW mod for NTW but the Italian voices and uniforms throws me way off... But I have practiced my grand strategy. The only missing element was there was no Bulgaria as a potential threat which made it too easy.

also may I make a suggestion? Spies should be named after famous pilots to represent their squadron. The only action aviation saw during the greater part of the war up until 1917 was usually reconnaissance or bombing runs on strategic locations. So for example assassination missions on other spies will be like a dog fight, infiltration will be like a recon sortie, and sabotage will be like a precision airstrike.
    Last edited by Herr Lindstrom; January 29, 2013 at 10:14 PM.

glad to hear you like it, thx

ah, thx its cool
    you think that the austrian units are covered or represented properly?

The A/H army is fully covered.
    Lange lebe Franz der kaiser
    Last edited by Count von Orlok; February 15, 2013 at 04:24 AM.

*franz josef I
    franz was earlier on

the huns! (germany) >

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Rights of the Individual View Post
    Is this not a bit ridiculous? If you actually follow the conversation, Comnenustheone was the instigator, Whukid was merely responding to his comments.

Secondly, you're saying that Whukid has no right to call the Serbians for what they were because his great great grandfathers might have been involved with some very revisionist ideas on the American solution to the Native American raids.

Thirdly, if you're going to post rude comments on someone else's profile (I read it before it was removed), at least have the dignity to contact them in private, where they have the chance to respond. Atleast try to act in a civilized manner, especially when you're accusing someone else of being a savage. It's hardly fair for you to call him out as a hypocrite when you're not letting him respond to your attacks; it's the method of a coward.

So you're mad at him.... because he supports his military? How ignorant of him. Just for clarification, the picture was taken in Fallujah, when the US Marines cleared the city after the civilian population had left. They used armored vehicles to destroy structures where terrorists were lying in wait to keep their soldiers and Marines alive. The only other alternative was to flatten the city with carpet bombing, which is hardly a decent one.

I'm sorry, but this IS a massive display of ignorance; you're abusing the straw man repeatedly and attempting to hold a revisionist theory from 200 years ago over his head because he defended US intervention in the Balkans (which I highly disagree with). To follow it up, you're refusing to acknowledge that literally every other civilized nation at the time was also having issues with human rights. If he were a frenchman or an englishman, you wouldn't care, even though the violations being committed by them on the people of Africa and India were ungodly; the British came up with the idea of concentration camps!

I'm not sure if you'll understand this, but I'm currently living on an American Indian reservation. Yes, me! I live in the Navajo Nations, on the corner closest to Arizona. I literally have been studying this firsthand for years (tends to happen when you spend your life in a reservation); even the Navajo elders talk about how they got the jump on the white man and opened fire first. The things you were taught in school were often wrong or misleading; the US attacked the Navajo's after they "made peace" with the chiefs but individual Navajo warriors attacked a homestead outside Flagstaff.

Now, was it wrong the way the US treated the indians? Yes. Was it exclusively the white man's fault? hell no! The Apache and Comanche tribes especially were essentially headhunters; your status in society was determined by your rap sheet as a warrior. That was a far cry from the mindset of the settlers, who were the first ones to outlaw slavery and segregation in California.

If anything, both parties were equally at fault for the bloodshed that occurred.
    I know british killed 1000 of indians

all he europeans that arrived in america killed hundreds of thousands of indians that survived the illnesses the spanish brought unwittingly 200 years before

Artifex

I will of course play as the mighty German Empire and use a different tactic than the lousy Schlieffen-Plan.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234