Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reikland Campaign by Surrealbeliefs - 2/16/13

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Reikland Campaign by Surrealbeliefs - 2/16/13

I hope one day you will do a High elf or Dark elf campaign with this mod...being only able to recruit for a limited time certainly adds a bit of a challenge i'd say!

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    I hope one day you will do a High elf or Dark elf campaign with this mod...being only able to recruit for a limited time certainly adds a bit of a challenge i'd say!
    Sylvania is next on my list for Call of Warhammer. I'm saving my High Elf or Dark Elf experiences for Struggle of the Old World.

The Vampire Counts will provide a bloody campaign.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Ethien View Post
    Sylvania is next on my list for Call of Warhammer. I'm saving my High Elf or Dark Elf experiences for Struggle of the Old World.

The Vampire Counts will provide a bloody campaign.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is Struggle of the Old World? Some submod or something? And yes I have heard the Vampire faction is quite hard so if you were not to do the HE / DE factions thats the next best thing hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is Struggle of the Old World? Some submod or something? And yes I have heard the Vampire faction is quite hard so if you were not to do the HE / DE factions thats the next best thing hehe
    Oh sorry, it's 'Struggle for the Old World'. It's a mod based on the Old World made by the same people behind The Sundering: Rise of the Witch King. Here are some screenshots: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=564702

Both mods have their merits, so I just enjoy both.

Sylvania is so tough at the beginning Ethien, around turn two you'l have about three Stirland stacks and a Dwarf stack spawn and attack Drakenhof and other towns besieging everything, i ended up cheating the sieges by running all of my troops out the opposite door and letting the enemy run through the city, they go to the center but don't come to attack you and the timer runs out and you win... I know its not sportsman like but i find the sudden stack spawns unfair anyway Sylvania has a lot to deal with already without those armies on your doorstep before you've recruited your first army!

Surreal
    Please stop using your halberds as your main line.
    Use Spearman with shield wall formation. This is 5x more effective than halberds. The shieldwall formation makes every unit godlike. I tested with chaos warriors against a Spearmen unit that you would expect to recruit in altdorf with 7 exp + 2 shield + sword . And against one full unit of chaos warriors, spearman only lost 20 man. Not to mention the free upkeep, keep in mind that if u get royal amory in altdorf, u'll get them with 2 shield + sword + 7 exp experience from the start!! Also, against a similar unit of halberds, u'll only lose around 20 man also!!!

This will really change your game from OMG TOO HARD to a push over.
    I'm playing Reikland on VH/VH atm with no cheats. And i rushed marienburg, which is what you should always do as it gets you 20k per turn with some upgrades. And I'm able to run 10-15 stacks. 10 Spearman + 1-2 gen + 2 cannons/motars + 3 archers + 2 guns. Low cost, easily replaced.

What i do in battles is to have 5-6 spearman on shield walls hold the line. Never once, even against trolls + minotuars have i ever had my lines broken. Have gunners on the side back by spearman and cannons on the side too.
    Use the gens to flank and the spearman on the side to flank as well.
    Normally vs an army of full stack beastman or chaos. I'll only lose 300 man. And each army only costs me around 3k to run per turn
    I wouldn't even bother with elites since they're not cost effective. Expect maybe warrior priests as with gold chevron upgrades, they'll take down a squadron of Minotaur when they hit your lines + inspire your soliders, not that they'll ever break

I'll certainly give the spearmen a try to see how they compare to the halberds.

Though the special units all spawning in only a few episodes time is going to break the bank a bit.

Spearmen are not always the best though, sometimes, suuuuper rarely the AI and smart and flanks or hits the side of the Spearmen, usually destroying the stack.
    But that's not a problem whatsoever early game, but if it's early game you should already be using your several Horse bodyguards to destroy and beastmen armies. (Quite easy to kill 800+ beastmen with Emperor Karl + Luthor Huss, or a different general)

Indeed alliance.

But compared to a unit of halberds on spearwall formation.

I found them to be a lot more effective in holding and lasting. Not to mention getting more kills

Not to mention the 40 cheaper upkeep + the FREE upkeep in most cities.

I think this will really help your economy as well. Considering how many speical units you've.

Also one more tip. Try to get a couple 5-6 star mechants or as high as you've to the 2 warpstones at morthiem. They''ll generate you aruond 5k each on 5-6 stars!!

And send high merchants to the blue gems by Mt.Gunadad or something. They'll make you almost as much as warpstones.

Also. after watching your latest video.

I would suggest putting your cannons on normal fire if you're up against an large army with many ranks

They'll fire through the ranks and hit multiple ranks of enemy to cost more damage. I would only use explosive for bridges, gates or really concentrated groups really. Field battles, i would do normal shots first, then once they get really close, i'll just one barrage of grape shots and pull back.

Keep in mind that i keep my cannons on the flank as well. Which means, that's where my cav is and where i'll win the fastest due to the cav flanking. So i can just reclaim the cannons in like a mintue and move them into the side of the enemy to barrage fire on their backs. And you know how deadly that can be at point blank range on top of cav flanking and rolling up the sides as well

I would just use Hellbalsters + Cannons on normal enemy to make them weaker and score a lot more kills.

I'll try to develop on the biggest hill possible. And run my pistoliers to the back of their ranks and fire without fire at will JUST at their minotaurs. You'll get a lot of hit points off that way.

Also, I would use motars on them as well unless there's huge blobs of enemy.

Also, i would also include 1-2 gunners for uses on the side unless you've a huge hill. They'll make the enemy break much quicker.

Episode twelve is up today. I really enjoyed this one.

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

Edited
    Last edited by Vice; February 28, 2013 at 04:30 PM.

A lots of episodes missing .

Strange. I can only find episode 12. Maybe he deleted them?
    Edit: Found a playlist with the videos but they've all been deleted.
    Last edited by Encablossa; October 31, 2013 at 01:34 PM.

I don't get it why would he do that , maybe to hide the fact that he didn't finish the campaign ?
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; October 31, 2013 at 10:31 PM.

I think he's being weary of copyright claims. It is one of his major concerns(one of the reasons he didn't show movie stuff in his Third Age campaigns and why he stopped his De Bello Mundi playthrough.)

After all there's a bunch of copyright trolls on youtube and a few false claims can get your channel taken down.

Damn, yet there are dozens if not hundreds of CoW videos on youtube . Wouldn't the Games workshop or whoever , remove all the videos and even the mod if there was something wrong ?

Probably not a problem for other channels if they're not monetizing the videos. And most are not nearly as popular as Surreals videos.

I think if Games Workshop or another party takes down enough videos they lead to strikes against a channel. And three strikes gets the account terminated. Better to be on the cautious side and remove them I suppose.

More stuff: All the playlist in his signature seem to not exist anymore either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12