Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: White people feeling they need to be offended for others.

Default Re: White people feeling they need to be offended for others.

Quote Originally Posted by tarvu View Post
    It is rarely if ever used as a descriptor for someone being simply white, that is why Motiv is confused and thinks that it is purely class based.
    Yes, I'm confused even though I lived half my life in the part of the United States that the term originated.
    Of course as I said if it had nothing to do with race, then the word white would not be there.
    I feel like it's not only that you don't get it, it's that you don't WANT to. Look, if someone calls you white trash, literally the last thing that should pop into your mind is that "OMG he's racist!" No, that doesn't make any sense at all, because what they are literally criticizing you for is NOT your race, it's your utter lack of class and civility. White trash people are those who are stereotyped as living in trailer parks, with trash and a car on blocks in their front yard, with some mangy-ass dogs, four kids running around half naked and wild, barely literate, who entertain themselves by watching Honey Boo-Boo on TV when they're not getting smashed on cheap beer or whiskey, who have essentially no decent values and rely on shallow and materialistic ways of thinking. But amazingly they are the same race as other white people, even though it's mostly white people who would call them white trash. I know, it's totally a complicated term. :yes
    Last edited by motiv-8; January 26, 2013 at 12:17 PM.
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    you don't always have the possibility of recruiting an actual black person who can act well enough. So they use a white guy instead
    Right. So why not pretend that the white guy is black? You know, like you're pretending somebody is actually Othello? The magic of theatre only works if you use your imagination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    the Church has only improved mankind in history

For this there are words, but none that abide by the ToS.

Namorath's Avatar Libertus

whining is the new norm I guess
    I don't think it just white people. every group of people has some who feel personally offended about something just there are more white people as a percentage of the population so hence more white people who cry about everything and have the money or time to get their whining heard

I called my member of parliament to whine about the whiners is in my neighbourhood and he told me to stop whining so I am whining about that

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    Right. So why not pretend that the white guy is black? You know, like you're pretending somebody is actually Othello? The magic of theatre only works if you use your imagination.
    Yeah, that only works while belief is suspended, which it is the job of the cast and crew of the performance to keep the belief suspended. Now, granted, I have actually seen black Othellos before, but they aren't 'white' Othellos who are being played by black actors, they are just black Othellos. Something such as skin complexion is kinda pointless to manipulate into a character, you would have to have lines dedicated to re informing the character is white if the actor is black because an audience would simply forget otherwise, so it is pretty pointless. It is like if we designed a character to have three eyes, played by a two eyed actor, that had no point to the plot and was never mentioned except at the very beginning of the show.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

My point is the show does not suffer simply because of someones pigmentation.

Let's temporarily assert and pretend as though this thread's suggestion is correct, and that there is a "plague of butthurt" and that this attitude of courtesy is guilt-tripping induced by a "liberal media", and that this is somehow a bad thing. Let's also pretend that there is such thing as a "liberal media", and that all of society is not merely falling in line with reality, which just so happens to be what you call "liberalism". Finally, let's pretend that your "conservative" media sources are the one only "beacon of truth" in an otherwise liberal world, and that your complaints are not entirely laughable.

Even in this non-existent and imaginary scenario, I make this assertion: In any period of time, a large portion of the population has always chose to live under a form of self-actualization allowing them to "sleep at night" such as organized religion or political organizations, even when they themselves do not practice the doctrines of these. In past decades, religious forcefulness, fear-mongering, and greed were used to acquire political power. Now that our culture has shifted to one composed of more intelligent, freedom-loving, progressive-minded individuals those "feeling needlessly guilty" for our past culture of oppression, political entities and their supporters such as myself will simply use this new culture for political gain in the same manner your "side" used yours in the past, and with it: Destroy you the Republican party's values politically.

But of course, this is all merely hypothetical. In reality we simply live in a society that is becoming less tolerant of social repression and less likely to acknowledge irrelevant social factors. (Color, appearance, sexual preferences, gender, the concept of "race".) And regardless of which of the two realities you believe you exist in or advocate, it is clear that your culture and your ideology have been defeated and in the long-term are becoming politically powerless. And there is nothing you can ever do to stop it.

It's a bit of a "lose-lose" for you no matter how you look at it, unfortunately. If this is the source of your frustration, I do hope you feel better eventually. You can always in your private moments look forward to whatever afterlife you may or may not believe in.

Blaze86420's Avatar Praepositus

You guys heard about this one?

why are white pigeons released in the air on some weddings,why aren t black pigeons used?THAT S RAWCISTS !!!

Indeed Europe,especially Western europe is full of mindless PC zombies.I heared a case,where a negro was caught having sex with some PC s wife.The PC didn t interfere because he was pro "inter racial love".So yeah,I m not saying be a jerk to anyone who s of a different race/religion,but get your head out of you ass and stop searching for excuses for the immigrants every time they do something wrong.(Ex: You can t condemn him from breaking in my house,he comes from a poor country,the poor soul,or If a fag comes dressed in a leather sex suit,don t say "so what,it s his right" because IT S NOT RIGHT)

Quote Originally Posted by Andreius Pretorianus View Post
    why are white pigeons released in the air on some weddings,why aren t black pigeons used?THAT S RAWCISTS !!!
    Can you quote anybody ever saying this?

Indeed Europe,especially Western europe is full of mindless PC zombies.I heared a case,where a negro was caught having sex with some PC s wife.The PC didn t interfere because he was pro "inter racial love".
    Source?

So yeah,I m not saying be a jerk to anyone who s of a different race/religion,but get your head out of you ass and stop searching for excuses for the immigrants every time they do something wrong.(Ex: You can t condemn him from breaking in my house,he comes from a poor country,the poor soul,or If a fag comes dressed in a leather sex suit,don t say "so what,it s his right" because IT S NOT RIGHT)
    Um, how is it not somebody's right to dress how they please? Homosexuality isn't illegal, and the last time it was it resulted in the unnecessary deaths of war heroes.

Menelik_I's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Republic of Angola, Permitte divis cetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze86420 View Post
    You guys heard about this one?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Hilarious ad, only a moron would complain about it.

« Le courage est toujours quelque chose de saint, un jugement divin entre deux idées. Défendre notre cause de plus en plus vigoureusement est conforme à la nature humaine. Notre suprême raison d’être est donc de lutter ; on ne possède vraiment que ce qu’on acquiert en combattant. »Ernst Jünger
    La Guerre notre Mère (Der Kampf als inneres Erlebnis), 1922, trad. Jean Dahel, éditions Albin Michel, 1934

De land of ten tousand lakes! Da gopha state!

That is just hilarious to me.

Patronized by the mighty Heinz Guderian

I think people are secretly mad that he's happy, not Jamaican

Because all black people are Jamaican.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post

Yeah... try living in Europe for a while.
    I could, but by doing so I would seem to infringe on your rights, or atleast on the supposed rights of some posters here.

My point stands, Political correctness may be annoying, but its nothing more than the inconvenience of not saying every god damn thing that comes to your mind. Its just an offshot of a changing world and with time PC will disipate on its own. hopefully ecause its not required and not because people feel indignant of lacking the right to say negro in any language other than spanish.

And of course PC is directed to minority sensibilities, why would it be directed towards white people in white dominated societies? I suppose Japan needs some PC too, so they can stop being s to the Koreans.
    Last edited by saxdude; February 17, 2013 at 06:00 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234