Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MTW2 Secrets and Easter Eggs

Default Re: MTW2 Secrets and Easter Eggs

Lesbian rebels aren't gay. There is an Island in Greece called Lesbos.
    Medieval 2 Total War Blitz Record with the Turks - 14 turns!
    Medieval 2 Total War Peasant Campaign Challenge with Egypt - 112 regions - 27 turns to spare!
    Next challenge : Total War: Shogun 2 - Ikko Ikki Legendary Campaign - No agents, temples, loan swords.
    Like me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Legend-of-Total-War/345399385581266
    Check me out on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/LegendofTotalWar

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by complete noob:( View Post
    There is some of this code that I found. Not exactly easter eggish, but somewhat random/interesting/flat-out hilarious
    Where does it come from? What program is that or... ?
    I might be wrong but I remember if you wait more in deployment part before starting battle your units start to do those things

Yes, i do believe that those are the idle unit sounds.

tudor93's Avatar Primicerius

I know about the coughing, the sniffing, the sneezing etc. but farting !?
    Înfrânt nu eşti atunci când sângeri,
    nici ochii când în lacrimi ţi-s.
    Adevăratele înfrângeri,
    sunt renunţările la vis.

probably silent but deadly
    Medieval 2 Total War Blitz Record with the Turks - 14 turns!
    Medieval 2 Total War Peasant Campaign Challenge with Egypt - 112 regions - 27 turns to spare!
    Next challenge : Total War: Shogun 2 - Ikko Ikki Legendary Campaign - No agents, temples, loan swords.
    Like me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Legend-of-Total-War/345399385581266
    Check me out on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/LegendofTotalWar

Quote Originally Posted by Aeratus View Post
    RTW had two good easter eggs: Amazons and lesbian rebels.

It doesn't seem like M2 has too much in this department.
    LMAO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeratus View Post
    RTW had two good easter eggs: Amazons and lesbian rebels.

It doesn't seem like M2 has too much in this department.
    Lesbians are from Lesbos, even the word itself was based on Lesbos, and the ancient greek female poet, Sapphos. Alas the word has never had any meaning about female homosexuality before the nineteenth century.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltic Warrior View Post
    Yes, i do believe that those are the idle unit sounds.
    Yes, no doubt about it.

I think "Lesbian rebels" in RTW was an easter egg. This is because the Lesbian rebels are based in the settlement Pergamum rather than Lesbos (which is an island that was off the coast of Pergamum). If Lesbos had its own settlement, then Lesbian rebels would be proper, but having Lesbian rebels in pergamum appears to be an artistic stretch. If they were accurate, rebels in Pergamum would not have been named "Lesbian rebels," since Pergamum (Pergamon) was quite a significant city itself and more historically significant than Lesbos.
    Last edited by Aeratus; January 21, 2013 at 10:28 AM.

zzzms's Avatar Semisalis

I've just reinstalled Med2, and as I was playing I remembered an Easter Egg: A few years ago, I was having a long session [I started at 10am and didn't finish until 4am], at 3am-ish a voice came over the speakers saying "It's getting rather late, sire" or something very similar. Sorry for the necro post, but it seems that people are ignorant of this Easter Egg, it maybe the only one in the game...

The most certain test by which we judge whether a country is really free is the amount of security enjoyed by minorities.~John Acton, [1877].

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. " ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

Are you sure you didn't have Stronghold on in the background, or are mistaking MTW2 for that game? I remember Stronghold occasionally asking if you were getting tired or suggesting you go get a snack.

zzzms's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Kataphractos View Post
    Are you sure you didn't have Stronghold on in the background, or are mistaking MTW2 for that game? I remember Stronghold occasionally asking if you were getting tired or suggesting you go get a snack.
    I have never played Stronghold.

The most certain test by which we judge whether a country is really free is the amount of security enjoyed by minorities.~John Acton, [1877].

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. " ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I remember that in Stronghold, it was a cool feature!

Time for a snack, m'lord?
    It sounds like there's something similar in Medieval II, maybe it only triggers after being in the game a very long time - you mentioned playing from 10 am to 4 am.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12