Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Submission & General Commentary Thread

Default Re: Submission Commentary Thread

I wasn't sure where to post this, but there's something video related that has been frustrating me as of late. My Youtube account, Cacciatore Creations has 254 subscribers, nearly 100 videos and gets the greater part of 7500 views in last 30 days. But here's what's annoying: 2/3 of those views are from videos 3+ years old and my better more recent videos aren't getting many views at all. My older crappy Third Age Total War videos have gotten nearly 100,000 views while my newer work hasn't even reached 200 views! I don't understand what I'm doing wrong! I'm trying to post content on a semi-regular basis and try to keep the content good in quality. I'm also talking about my live action from my film school. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I experienced similar things lately...

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    I wasn't sure where to post this, but there's something video related that has been frustrating me as of late. My Youtube account, Cacciatore Creations has 254 subscribers, nearly 100 videos and gets the greater part of 7500 views in last 30 days. But here's what's annoying: 2/3 of those views are from videos 3+ years old and my better more recent videos aren't getting many views at all. My older crappy Third Age Total War videos have gotten nearly 100,000 views while my newer work hasn't even reached 200 views! I don't understand what I'm doing wrong! I'm trying to post content on a semi-regular basis and try to keep the content good in quality. I'm also talking about my live action from my film school. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    This isn't exactly the place to talk about this, but I will allow it if only cause there is not much to talk about.

----

Okay guys, I logged on for the first time in a couple days (been busy) to get this done and there are not enough submissions. I'll extend it by another day so you guys can get some submissions in.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

Wow, Chris.... with the unofficial results I have reached the bronze medal +....if they still available.... I can't believe as I thought I never get there.....

Thanks for all the votes guys...appreciate it

Blog Entries

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't sent the newsletter out yet. Been a bit busy lately (6 papers due in the next 3 weeks...yay....)

Anyway, I'll try to have it out by tomorrow.

Don't forget to try out the new competition

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Before anyone gets a chance to ask, yes, I am simply a fill-in guy for this week as Chris is unwell.

I left the non-TW competition untouched as it is Chris' call to decide what is the future of it.

Conclamatus's Avatar Ordinarius

Awww, get well soon Chris.
    I hope he'll keep the non-TW competitions, I think they have a lot of potentials.

Sorry for my bad English

Yep, hope you feel better soon.

Blog Entries

I'd like to apologize for my absence. It was neither intended nor wanted, but it wasn't fair to you guys. I'm glad Finlander stepped in for the job.

In any case, I went to the doctor today to see what is wrong since I have felt terrible for weeks, so hopefully it's nothing serious. Regardless, I am back, and I will be updating the competition tomorrow, including continuing forward with the vote for the non-Total War competitions.

I will see you tomorrow. Thank you for not calling a witch hunt for me while I was gone.

-Chris

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    I'd like to apologize for my absence. It was neither intended nor wanted, but it wasn't fair to you guys. I'm glad Finlander stepped in for the job.

In any case, I went to the doctor today to see what is wrong since I have felt terrible for weeks, so hopefully it's nothing serious. Regardless, I am back, and I will be updating the competition tomorrow, including continuing forward with the vote for the non-Total War competitions.

I will see you tomorrow. Thank you for not calling a witch hunt for me while I was gone.

-Chris
    I wonder, Is still Chris alright? He is been absent and still I have not seen updates since 2nd May and POTW/UESW are delayed very long time. It would be good if not set deadline "I will work on tomorrow" but it have not happened at all. I recommend that Finlander or somebody else keep this updated until Gen.Chris can work on this section well.

Quote Originally Posted by Noif de Bodemloze View Post
    I wonder, Is still Chris alright? He is been absent and still I have not seen updates since 2nd May and POTW/UESW are delayed very long time. It would be good if not set deadline "I will work on tomorrow" but it have not happened at all. I recommend that Finlander or somebody else keep this updated until Gen.Chris can work on this section well.
    Chris had done the moderation of the page with passion and very well in the past - so to me it seems to be really a health, or motivation issue or both, or even additional his struggle with the internet connection?

However I wish Chris all the best on his recovery and hope he get back on feed again!

For the sake of the POTW, if Chris really should need some rehabilitation time, I would agree with my previous poster, Noif de Bodemloze....

All the best to Chis

Blog Entries

No I am fine now. I've just been playing catch up with everything I missed, both in real life and here on TWCrack. I'm actually compiling the new threads now. I decided I might as well wait for Wednesdays like the schedule was until I got sick.

I do apologize, however. This will not happen again.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Don't worry Chris, "real" (I prefer to say non-digital) life comes first! Glad you're back and don't rush! =)

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Conclamatus's Avatar Ordinarius

Glad you are back!
    And I, too, agree with Venno, real-life should always come first.And, don't worry to much, it's only bad for you.

Sorry for my bad English

Good to have you back...
    a welcome back on feed Rep....is a must apply

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Thanks for your hard work Chris and keep 'n touch

Blog Entries

I just spent three damn hours trying to get this to work and I only got four threads up. This sucks.

I'll finish up tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    I just spent three damn hours trying to get this to work and I only got four threads up. This sucks.

I'll finish up tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience guys.
    Chris........I appreciate your honesty...., it really sucks....
    Don't worry tomorrow is good enough....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax View Post
    Chris........I appreciate your honesty...., it really sucks....
    Don't worry tomorrow is good enough....

It's really the damn internet in the dorms. It can't handle the threads with a large number of pictures at times. It can take it forever to load, which makes it difficult to copy and paste them into new threads. This is one of the very few reasons I look forward to going home for the summer: reliable internet that I don't have to share with 500 other people.

NO new submission threats for POTW,.......?

I mean - take your time, just not forget.....

Have a good day mate...