Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: Submission & General Commentary Thread

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Submission Commentary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by one day View Post
    Yes, the golden era is gone. With minimal or no interest of voters these competitions will loose sense. Maybe there is time for some new changes making competitions more interesting. Any idea ?
    I can assure you that I will not let this get too bad. I am working with the Graphics Competition (who is FAR worse off right now) about how to increase interest and some ideas are floating about.

At least there are still plenty of people participating in this. The other competition I run (Review of the Month) is hurting really badly.

But if you guys have any ideas, please feel free to speak up. I am not above taking advice from others.

I work for you, not the other way around.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Hmmm, how's about promoting the competitions a bit more, some kind of video or more frontpage announcements?

Blog Entries

That is the idea, but unfortunately there are tons of other things to promote. And I don't want to flood the FP announcements with POTW related stuff.

But I am promoting it on the Facebook page.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Conclamatus's Avatar Ordinarius

No need to flood the FP, you just need to do it like two or three times a year, that would be enough IMO.

Sorry for my bad English

Blog Entries

So out of curiosity, if there was to be a weekly newsletter related to this competition and others, would anyone here like to be a subscriber?

If there is one, I'd like to try it out. One question though, is it digital or physical?

Sorry for my bad English

Blog Entries

Lol, we would be sending it out through the PM system. I don't think we could send out physical copies

I might be interested. also on an unrelated note, I just added my submission in the latest VOTM. I'm really happy with how this one came out!

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Interested =)

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    I might be interested. also on an unrelated note, I just added my submission in the latest VOTM. I'm really happy with how this one came out!
    What a bloody slaughter!!! - it looks good and good choice of sound - I like it.....but this month you will have hard competition, in special naxzul666

Another issue question:
    Flikitos
    what cool Mod are you playing to get this incredible looking units???? (the ones in your picture submission)
    Last edited by Syntax; March 05, 2014 at 05:41 AM.

I was just wondering if anyone would be willing to analyse and critique my old submission from April of 2011?
    I think one of the reasons I stopped with the Total War videos was because there wasn't any constructive criticism going on, everyone would just comment "Voted" or "Did my duty", which makes it really hard to improve as a machima maker when you lose the vote and don't know why. (Please, don't hold your criticisms back, I'd like to know what was good and what needs work)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_jTU...0EX-3StANAS2NH

I think maybe all the video submissions should be given some form of review, just to encourage others to come back and improve their craft.
    Last edited by Edax; March 08, 2014 at 05:39 PM.

First of all I'm really glad to see so much activity in the VOTM again

Ltflak, your videos are really good! I really like your style, it kinda reminds me of xtheatroN's videos ^^ But you are definitly right, I would really appreciate more constructive criticism.

I will watch through more of your videos later on, maybe there is something you could do better or somehow else, but as said before I dont think there is that much you can improve

I'm looking forward to some new videos done by you

Ltflak great video - to be continued please....
    I think a lot of work has gone into this, cutting and tone....it tell the story really good with the tools to your availability (old game engine and graphic),....
    Criticism....I nearly tend to the same as my previous poster, there is not much to improve...and also I find it hard to criticize if I myself aren't able to make such quality.
    Small issue I have - the blend in of different scenes very fast behind each other should maybe stay on screen just a bit longer...as I could hardly follow....
    Maybe try to play a bit more with building up more tension with the sound effects ahead of the big bummmm (war scenes...)....(I know its easy said, but you asked so I tried to suggest....)
    Keep it on, your videos are really good man!!!
    +Rep to your work.....
    Have a nice day...

Blog Entries

Okay so...No one has shanked me yet, or written a nasty PM saying how much they hated the newsletter, so is it something you would like to see continued?

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Okay so...No one has shanked me yet, or written a nasty PM saying how much they hated the newsletter, so is it something you would like to see continued?
    Haha....no nobody hated....and yes everybody looked surprised.......and YES continue....but its a lot of work mate.....anyway good job! And also more voters now....its all yours....

The newsletter looks alright! .
    Although, it's hard to know what's what, I suggest putting some sorts of tags over each winners to classify each area of the competition.
    Apart from that, everything is good!

Sorry for my bad English

POTW 363 - NEMESIS (submission thread)

Wow!!! these week everybody comes up with his best stuff! - great submissions - this one will be a very tough voting....keep it up mates - the picture of the week comes to life again!

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

ah sad words Gen Chris, I replied to newsletter immediately when arrived, writing I agree with this and saying you thanks for this idea, positive to bring more life to these competitions. Sad to see it's not arrived

Blog Entries

I could have sworn I responded to that. I did read it. My previous post was to see if anyone did not like it at all lol.

Hey,

I noticed a discussion about visibility of the visual competition. I have to say I had no idea this was here until I listened (watched) the Warcast. Darren is deaturing the PotW entries. I saw some really great shots. Y'all do a great job. Anyway, I decided to give this shot. I often to test of my batle mechanics and once I see all I need to see, I scan the battlefield taking pictures. I was surprise how some of them came out. I decided to share them. I don't think they are as good as I seen, but I figure y'all could use some new blood. Plus, I would love to generate renew interest in Empire and specifically Imperial Splendour mod (I know shameless plug). Anyway, would love some feedback- y'all really do a fantastic job- simply amazing stuff!