Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 26414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1350

Thread: Submission & General Commentary Thread

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Default Re: Submission & General Commentary Thread

Hello everybody!
    As a matter of duty, I have to stay at my work until tomorrow. I thought that I would be free today, but the circumstances are such that I will be able to deal with the competition cases only tomorrow (I really hope so). I apologize for the delay.

By the way, can you see the screen of naxzul666 in POTW 598? Personally, I do not see it, just in case I wrote him a VM about it.
    Last edited by Alexander78; April 03, 2020 at 06:07 AM.

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Yeah I can see naxzul's picture.

Work is hectic for most, I assume, in these weird times, at least for those that still have work. Don't sweat it, we understand.

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

No problem Alex, you're doing a brilliant job Delays happen when they happen. I happen to be able to see naxzul's picture too.

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Thanks for your understanding, friends.

I apologize (especially to Derc), when posting the GPOTW 158 vote, I missed one of the submissions. Because of this, I was forced to move the old thread to the archive and create a new one. To all those who managed to vote in the old thread, I will send a VM with a request to vote again. I apologize for this error. Derk, I'm not ignoring you, I'm sorry, mate.

Campidoctor

Oh my, next time I will just shut up to ensure my rightful place at the stake.
    No worries, man. We're all just humans.

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

I think you can put that cross away Derc, you won't reach martyrdom today.

Dear colleagues! I have an important announcement.
    We are approaching the anniversary POTW 600, in this regard, I would like to hold these contest on a certain themes and I want to discuss it with you. I want to offer you some ideas about this, and decide together which of them we will stick to in the anniversary contest.

So, themes for competitive works for POTW:
    1 Siege,
    2 Sea battle,
    3 Duel (when two warriors fighting each other stand out from the General picture of the battle).
    4 Panorama (when the camera is high above the battle and you can view the entire panorama of the battle).

Also, I would like to hold the next GPOTW 160 contest also themed. I think it would be interesting to hold two thematic competitions at once. Moreover, GPOTW has not been themed for a long time.

Themes for GPOTW:
    1 Horror,
    2 Action (screens where there is action, racing, fighting, shooting, explosions, etc., with the mandatory participation of some characters),
    3 Beautiful view (usually screens of nature, architecture, and so on)
    4 Atmosphere (screens that in your opinion, convey a certain atmosphere inherent only in this game, here, I think, should be present creative approach),
    5 Cats (kidding )

If you have a different opinion on this and you think that two thematic competitions at the same time is a bad idea, then just give your opinion.
    I would not like the anniversary contests to be similar to the usual ones. I see it this way: first we choose a theme, then we discuss all the nuances. Naturally, suggestions and discussions should be constructive, so we can make better use of the remaining time and make our choice faster. The list that I suggested is not final. If you have any themes that you can suggest, don't hesitate to share them, and we will discuss everything. When we have gathered enough opinions, we will take stock and focus on what we have chosen. By the way, if you think that thematic contests are not necessary at all and double points and reputation will be enough, then you can also write honestly about it. I hope for an active discussion, anniversary competitions are already on the way.

Campidoctor

Fantastic idea.
    Well, perhaps not just cats, but a theme focusing on animals in general could be funny.

Themes could also focus around a location. Let's say all screens have to picture some Italian landscape, or something like that.
    Nearly all themes could also be translated to POTW.

But themed things like that have to remain an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    Fantastic idea.
    Well, perhaps not just cats, but a theme focusing on animals in general could be funny.

Themes could also focus around a location. Let's say all screens have to picture some Italian landscape, or something like that.
    Nearly all themes could also be translated to POTW.

But themed things like that have to remain an exception.
    As I understand it, the theme of animals can extend to two competitions? This is interesting, but I would like POTW and GPOTW to have different themes. Therefore, your theme about animals is accepted, but you must decide which contest you prefer to define this theme for. As for location, I would be inclined to define this theme generally, because a narrow focus would make it difficult for participants.
    Thanks for your opinion, mate, we'll continue to discuss this.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I think anniversary competitions should be aimed to have as much participants as possible which may be perhaps hindered by a theme. But I think it should also have an extended two-week submission period. As for themes in general, iirc Caligula did it on Christmas so that it wasn't compulsory to post a thematic entry but if a thematic entry would win, I'd get double award.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    I think anniversary competitions should be aimed to have as much participants as possible which may be perhaps hindered by a theme. But I think it should also have an extended two-week submission period. As for themes in general, iirc Caligula did it on Christmas so that it wasn't compulsory to post a thematic entry but if a thematic entry would win, I'd get double award.
    Seems like a very good way of doing it imo
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

I find it reasonable to have a two-week submission period for the anniversary contests. especially if the contest is themed. This will give you more time to prepare. As for the rest, according to my observations, the fact that the contest is thematic does not add or reduce the number of participants. In other words, if we make it non-thematic, there will be no more participants. I look at it from the point of view that first of all it should be interesting for people. That's why I posted this post to listen to what you have to say. We'll see.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander78 View Post
    As I understand it, the theme of animals can extend to two competitions? This is interesting, but I would like POTW and GPOTW to have different themes. Therefore, your theme about animals is accepted, but you must decide which contest you prefer to define this theme for. [...]
    Thanks for your opinion, mate, we'll continue to discuss this.
    With all due respect, this is not my decision to take. Perhaps it's time for some experiments. Feel free.

Derc, the theme that you suggested is not approved, it is just accepted for discussion.
    I guess I didn't explain exactly what I wanted to hear. Ok. Please write if you find my offer interesting and what themes you would like to choose. For example, "I would prefer a siege in POTW and horror in GPOTW". If you have your own theme, write your own theme. We'll discuss that, too. If you don't want contests to be themed at all, write so. I want you to know that my only motivation is to make this more interesting for you, and I really need to know your opinion.

Blog Entries

How about old-school for potw? Ie pre-warscape?
    and Peaman

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I think the themed POTW is a brilliant idea, however I am generally against making the GPOTW a themed one simply on the basis that the POTW for that week is also themed. That being said, taking into account the circumstances I do not see a problem with making GPOTW themed because it has not been a themed one for a long time, as you have said.

The themes you have put up look good, for POTW I'd personally prefer something with some relevance to the number 600, but that can be a bit hard. For GPOTW there are a much wider variety of pictures that can be submitted so I don't think a themed contest is a bad thing, as most submissions already are quite varied.

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    In complete agreement here.

Will be interesting to see where this discussion leads to. Great work Alex!

Edit: To be clear, I am in support of ANY theme, in the end it will probably be up to you to choose the theme from a list of accepted themes

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

As long as the theme is sadness, horror, death or disease nothing changes for me

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

As I said, I agree with Araval in a two-week period to accommodate submissions. POTW 600 will be themed anyway, so I ask you to choose a theme. If we do not come to any decision, the theme of the competition will be chosen by the Directors. But I would like us to choose the theme, dialogue this is what we need now in order to breathe new life into the competitive content. Also, I would like GPOTW to be themed too, to shake things up a bit here. Just for a change, but if it will be supported with the participants, then such shakes can be made regular.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    How about old-school for potw? Ie pre-warscape?
    Why not? If your proposal will be approved by the participants or other themes are not offered, then your theme will be implemented. Just need to discuss what we mean by the concept of old school: ROME, Medival or all of it together or something else. Maybe I don't quite understand you, please explain this point in more detail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaeft View Post
    Great work Alex!
    Edit: To be clear, I am in support of ANY theme, in the end it will probably be up to you to choose the theme from a list of accepted themes
    Thanks, mate
    As far as I understand, you will make whatever decision we come to here. But can you still offer/choose something specific?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    As long as the theme is sadness, horror, death or disease nothing changes for me
    Why am I not surprised? In other words, would you prefer a horror theme in GPOTW?

I forgot to mention that the winner of the thematic contest will be awarded double the number of points and reputation.
    Last edited by Alexander78; April 05, 2020 at 05:57 AM.

Blog Entries

Warscape is the name of the game engine introduced with Empre: Total War, so I'm talking Shogun 1, Med 1, Rome 1 and Med 2
    and Peaman