Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1631323334353637383940414243444546474849505166 ... LastLast

Thread: Submission & General Commentary Thread

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Submission & General Commentary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Even easier is in fact to simply right click on the image and copy it, then paste into the TWC post
    Indeed

My goto method
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Basically Athelstan has to run Source Mode for the entire site since otherwise formatting of the Picture Competitions muck up, and I just still run it cos I like it now and WYSIWYG mode doesn't play well with Chrome all of the time.
    I tend to just write [IMG][/IMG] myself, then copy and paste it like 10 times if I'm posting heaps of screenshots, since clicking the image button on TWC takes ages to load for me. Then just paste the image urls inside each tag.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

My biggest issue right now is my uploads to Imgur stall at about 20% for some reason. After repeated attempts I am able to post some pics but it is very frustrating. I dont have alot of time to trouble shoot it right now.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Blog Entries

I'm holding off on doing this weeks stuff until tomorrow, as the VOTM Poll and submission period ends then, so I can include it with the rest
    and Peaman

Blog Entries

It is done

Also, I'm sure you've all noted that there has often been a few days wait before I've re-run the polls, for which I apologize - these two past months have been, without a doubt the busiest time of my life, I'll spare you the text wall of details unless asked. On July 1st I'm going to Japan on holiday with my family, and I'll be gone until the 26th, which effectively means I'm out of the competitions till August, though a stand-in will be appointed. I'm planning on getting a battery-powered router there though, so I likely won't be completely away from TWC in July. Just almost completely entirely.
    and Peaman

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Just to clarify - this means that King Athelstan won't be dealing with the winners' thread for the current competitions or setting up the next set of competitions, so if there is a delay in dealing with those, please be patient with us.

We expect to have King Athelstan back with us on active duty at the start of August, as he's already said. In the meantime, enjoy your trip to Japan, King Athelstan!

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

GOPTW 124 Vote Submission 2 Picture is not visible because of "hhttps:.."
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Thanks for letting us know - it's fixed.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Enjoy your vacation stan!

I know it's completely unnecessary, but for some reason I'm always unable to post a screenshot without some text.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Enjoy your vacation stan!

I know it's completely unnecessary, but for some reason I'm always unable to post a screenshot without some text.
    So that's you! I liked the POW one, was pretty hilarious. Keep them coming if you can

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Campidoctor

Good. With King Athelstan busy it is once again time for Swaeft to claim the throne.
    Rally the pitchforks!

Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    Good. With King Athelstan busy it is once again time for Swaeft to claim the throne.
    Rally the pitchforks!
    You know, it's funny you should say that, because Swaeft has agreed to run some competitions during King Athelstan's absence.

Swaeft will be helping out when he can, but I know he also has other commitments, so there may be some delays to competitions between now and the start of August. We hope you'll agree that it's better to have some competitions (even with a few delays) rather than none at all!

Welcome back, Swaeft (and thank you for helping out)!

Citizen

Rally the pitchforks!
    Careful now.
    Swaefts power level is over 9000. Especially with that last screen. I've been burned too many times by him to not know he ain't foolin' around like us simple peasants. :'( The king is dead, long live the Swaeft!

From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Rally the pitchforks!
    Careful now.
    Swaefts power level is over 9000. Especially with that last screen. I've been burned too many times by him to not know he ain't foolin' around like us simple peasants. :'( The king is dead, long live the Swaeft!
    Keep it down lads, the King is still around somewhere. Wouldn't want him to get wind of our plans to seize the booze and send it off to Kilo11! Once he is gone however...

Oh, hi Caillagh! Err, everything is normal over here, all things proceeding as planned. Inspection? Ahh, no, we do not require inspection.
    Last edited by Swaeft; June 23, 2019 at 09:28 PM.

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Enjoy your trip to Japan KA

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

So Athelstan has abandoned us in favour of "real life". How are the rest of you going?

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Good job Swaeft on taking on the graphic competitions, I know it is a thankless task.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    So Athelstan has abandoned us in favour of "real life". How are the rest of you going?
    That sounds like something I should try once in a while...I kid, I kid, I'm not as active now as I used to be. And have you abandoned real life to come back and claim the top spot? Life's pretty busy atm, you?

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    Good job Swaeft on taking on the graphic competitions, I know it is a thankless task.
    Well, TWC has proven that it's not a thankless task, and I am glad to be of service to the likes of y'all.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Swaeft View Post
    ..Well, TWC has proven that it's not a thankless task, and I am glad to be of service to the likes of y'all.
    He writes Herodian about Caracalla's takeover of imperial title, after having butchered his own brother Geta:

"Geta's friends and associates were immediately butchered, together with those who lived in his half of the imperial palace. All his attendants were put to death too; not a single one was spared because of his age, not even the infants.
    Their bodies, after first being dragged about and subjected to every form of indignity, were placed in carts and taken out of the city; there they were piled up and burned or simply thrown in the ditch.

No one who had the slightest acquaintance with Geta was spared: athletes, charioteers, and singers and dancers of every type were killed. Everything that Geta kept around him to delight eye and ear was destroyed.
    Senators distinguished because of ancestry or wealth were put to death as friends of Geta upon the slightest unsupported charge of an unidentified accuser. .."

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    He writes Herodian about Caracalla's takeover of imperial title, after having butchered his own brother Geta:

"Geta's friends and associates were immediately butchered, together with those who lived in his half of the imperial palace. All his attendants were put to death too; not a single one was spared because of his age, not even the infants.
    Their bodies, after first being dragged about and subjected to every form of indignity, were placed in carts and taken out of the city; there they were piled up and burned or simply thrown in the ditch.

No one who had the slightest acquaintance with Geta was spared: athletes, charioteers, and singers and dancers of every type were killed. Everything that Geta kept around him to delight eye and ear was destroyed.
    Senators distinguished because of ancestry or wealth were put to death as friends of Geta upon the slightest unsupported charge of an unidentified accuser. .."
    Which of the two is King Athelstan? Should I run? Because I think I might have interacted iwth both of them :O