Content Emeritus

Default Re: UESW 256 - FAMILY

The submission threads

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: UESW 256 - FAMILY

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    And these 1-4 are whose and why should one vote for them ? Are others allowed ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChewieMuse View Post
    Dracula can you please read the rules im not sure what your question is but there is no more submissions for this one, and you may only vote once on this particular poll
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I see but how do you submit them ?
    I moved the posts here but it did not set up properly in terms of the order they were in in the other thread, so I will now answer them here.

You may vote for whomever you choose. If you really wish to know who posted what you may visit the moved threads in the Archived section, however I don't believe it matters who submitted what. Vote for the picture you believe to be the best.

Once the vote is opened, no more submissions are accepted. You may submit one picture to the new submission thread, however. You can identify them here in the section with "Submission Thread" after the title.

For submitting pictures, I would prefer if you use a Photobucket account or similar website for posting the images. It makes it substantially easier to move pictures from thread to thread for polls and winners. However, if you do not wish to set up an account on an image hosting website, you may simply upload them to the site as you have done before.

Please from now on post your questions here or PM me. The submission threads are not supposed to be used for commentary or questions.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Default Re: Submission Commentary Thread

Hopefully Mr.Os will see this

Just did a quick edit of his picture

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Blog Entries

Very nice, Chewie .

--

So on this Wednesday, which is update day, I will be traveling back to school, which means I won't be the competition manager that day. Daily, however, has agreed to run it for the week. So be nice to Daily, for he startles easily

Also, I have gotten some messages about Picture of the Year, and if it is happening this year. After discussing it with previous manager LuckyLewis, I have decided not to run it this year. It is too complicated, and last year was the first and only time it happened (thanks Daily ). However, I will run a Video of the Year Competition, as that is the tradition. Probably will start it next week. If I forget, feel free to slap me.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Daily's Avatar Flingin' ma mace son
    Content Emeritus

The results are hidden from me. Those who won will be announced when Chris gets back. Submission threads are going up now.
    Proud patron of Confederate Jeb and FalconPilot
    View how Grouchy makes a Hoplon shield!

Quote Originally Posted by Daily View Post
    The results are hidden from me. Those who won will be announced when Chris gets back. Submission threads are going up now.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I am wondering about one thing. I don't know if it has already been discussed.
    For some time all sorts of ENBs and other mods that improve the in game picture have gained popularity. Would the screenshots taken using these mods be eligible for UESW competitions?
    In the one hand the player doesn't edit the shot in anyway by him(/her)self and uses a mod which is allowed in the rules.
    In the other hand this could be unfair vs the other compeditiors not using a mod like this.
    (Though newer games with better graphics (like Rome II) have an advantage anyways vs older games (like M2TW). These mods improve older games' graphics and in this way give them better chances vs newer games.)

Here's an example of a screenshot taken with a Graphics Tweaks submod for Third age by proximusj (shot also taken by him):

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Also, I have gotten some messages about Picture of the Year, and if it is happening this year. After discussing it with previous manager LuckyLewis, I have decided not to run it this year.
    This is sad.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    For some time all sorts of ENBs and other mods that improve the in game picture have gained popularity. Would the screenshots taken using these mods be eligible for UESW competitions?
    In the one hand the player doesn't edit the shot in anyway by him(/her)self and uses a mod which is allowed in the rules.
    In the other hand this could be unfair vs the other compeditiors not using a mod like this.
    (Though newer games with better graphics (like Rome II) have an advantage anyways vs older games (like M2TW). These mods improve older games' graphics and in this way give them better chances vs newer games.)

Here's an example of a screenshot taken with a Graphics Tweaks submod for Third age by proximusj (shot also taken by him):

This is sad.
    Many of us use GEM for rome2 pics =)

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post

This is sad.
    I use it in my screens, technically it is unedited, all GEM does is add enhanced shades and HDR, or turns the HDR off

Conclamatus's Avatar Ordinarius

well, I don't think it's that much of a problem, since the pic itself is not edited, it's the game that is edited so ye, I think it is eligible for UESW competitions.

Sorry for my bad English

Blog Entries

I have been thinking about this as well.

My take, however, is that it would effectively ban pretty much every single mod or even submod that makes the vanilla game look better, which would mean a lot of people would probably stop participating in the competition. Also, since the UESW isn't even scored, it does not really matter in the long run.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Quindi?
    Sweetfx/ENB/*put your shader enhancement here* yes or not? =)

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

"We are losing voters"
    - Where are those voters? Only 5 in uesw and 8 in potw.

Blog Entries

Eh, it has its ups and downs.

--

THe winners from this past week will be announced next week due to the need for a tiebreaker in the UESW. Next week will also see the start of both the VOTM for February AND the start of the poll for VOTY for 2013.

Ill start advertising the beginning of every competition from now on in the /r/totalwar sub (if you want message me when a new one starts for voting Gen)

Blog Entries

Sorry guys. The really crappy internet here in the dorms has made it impossible to do this today. I can't even open the pages with all the pictures because apparently that is too taxing on the internet. If it isn't fixed by tomorrow morning I'll run to the library and try to get it done there.

Blog Entries

My sister was in an accident yesterday. She's fine but it kind of made me forget to do everything, so everything is up now. Last week's winners will be up next week because of the need for a tie breaker.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

At least you aren't kidnapped !

Quote Originally Posted by Noif de Bodemloze View Post
    "We are losing voters"
    - Where are those voters? Only 5 in uesw and 8 in potw.
    I think the sheer disappointment of the game caused that, since traffic would be generated by people who actively play the game. It's one of the core reasons I never bothered making a true Rome 2 video. If I ever were to make a Total War video, I'd be because I'd be replaying Napoleon or Shogun 2.

one day's Avatar Semisalis

Yes, the golden era is gone. With minimal or no interest of voters these competitions will loose sense. Maybe there is time for some new changes making competitions more interesting. Any idea ?