Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Submission & General Commentary Thread

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Default Re: Submission & General Commentary Thread

Hello everybody! This week we are celebrating the anniversary GPOTW 150 competition. In this regard, it was decided to award the winner of this anniversary competition with 2 points and + 10 reputation. And there is still time to place screens, so everyone who has not yet submitted their application for the contest has a chance to participate in it.

Greetings ladies and gentlemen! It's been several contests since I became a member of content staff and it's time to say a few words. In this post, I want to express my gratitude to all those who constantly participate in contests and voting. Without you, there would not be this content and we would not have seen such wonderful screens. Thank you, I hope that you will continue to please us with your creativity and just your presence here. I also want to express my gratitude to Content Hex, without whose professional help, it would be very difficult for me.
    In general, thank you all for your support, participation, and the great atmosphere you create here. It's an honor to be part of such a great community.

Ok, I went to wipe away my stingy male tears.

Have a nice weekend everyone! (And post more submissions.)

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Thank you very much.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Hi everyone!
    The tenth anniversary of the release Napoleon Total War game is approaching. In this regard, we would like to hold a themed POTW contest at the end of this month. Would like to note that the screens will can be placed not only from NTW, but also from other TW games and mods, covering the Napoleonic era.
    If you have any questions or suggestions about this, feel free to speak out.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander78 View Post
    Hi everyone!
    The tenth anniversary of the release Napoleon Total War game is approaching. In this regard, we would like to hold a themed POTW contest at the end of this month. Would like to note that the screens will can be placed not only from NTW, but also from other TW games and mods, covering the Napoleonic era.
    Very cool! I have some Empire Total War screens of naval battles that should qualify.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    Very cool! I have some Empire Total War screens of naval battles that should qualify.
    Perfectly! I look forward to your screens Van Zandt.

I must inform everyone that the results of the contests will be announced on Sunday, February 9. This is due to the fact that I need to leave and I will not be able to do it on Saturday. Sorry for the delay, but this has its own plus - everyone who has not yet had time to place screens for competitions will have an extra day to do it.

Have a nice weekend!

EDIT: Meet my new avatar. In my opinion, a very kind and cheerful guy. Just like me.
    Last edited by Alexander78; February 07, 2020 at 12:55 PM.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

you look good. Wanna date?

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

is that an open offer or just directed towards him

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Its obviously directed towards me

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

well then it's rude for him to put it out here in public like that

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander78 View Post
    Hi everyone!
    A very cool idea! 10th anniversary? Man...I feel old now. Which POTW will that be exactly, if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    See you on the picturefield

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    is that an open offer or just directed towards him

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Hello everybody! I must inform that I will not be here tomorrow and the results of the contests will be announced on Monday, February 19. I apologize for the delay.
    Have a nice weekend, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaeft View Post
    A very cool idea! 10th anniversary? Man...I feel old now. Which POTW will that be exactly, if you don't mind me asking?
    I think it will be POTW 594, something like that.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

But the next Monday, February 19th will only be in 2024?

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    But the next Monday, February 19th will only be in 2024?
    You're right Cookie, I was wrong, of course I meant Monday, February 17. Apparently, my busy schedule is affecting me recently.

Hello everybody!
    I want to inform, that the results of POTY and GPOTY will be announced soon. Don't worry, no one has forgotten about these contests.

Well, the results of the next POTY and GPOTY contests have been announced. I would like to say that I am very grateful to all those who worked on this event. I tried to list everyone who helped in the results post, and if I forgot to mention someone , I apologize. The post can always be corrected and added more names, I will be only happy. Of course, without participants there would be no contest. All submissions are beautiful and thank you very much for posting your works and supporting contests. Also, a big thank you to everyone who took the time to come in and vote. In general, thanks to all of you, this event took place and we can see a great result of this joint work.

In conclusion, I want to remind you that the next POTW contest will be dedicated to the anniversary of the release of the NTW game. As I reported earlier, screens can be placed not only from NTW, but also from other games in the TW series and mods for them that cover the Napoleonic era.

All the best!

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Many thanks for your hard work from taking over! You're doing a great job man

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Thanks Swaeft

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Hey guys, long time no see.

I'm sure ya all know GPOTW is my baby (I've only won POTW 7 times lol), and this week's submissions are seriously bloody great. Keep up the good work.
    Alexander, update the GPOTW leaderboards though. And I think you need to recount the votes from the last 3 weeks, theres no way Cookiegod won 3 times in a row.

GPOTW 146 - Derc
    GPOTW 147 - Pinarius
    GPOTW 148 - Pinarius
    GPOTW 149 - Alexander78
    GPOTW 150 - Recount the vote
    GPOTW 151 - Recount this vote as well
    GPOTW 152 - Yeah this result doesn't look right either

Also guys, I expect more meme screenshots from you, like this one. Letting Cookiegod win isn't a meme, its a desecration of my competitions.

My life story
    Anyway if you wanna know what I've been up to, I'm in my final (5th) year of uni and I had a mid-life crisis at 22 and finally decided to turn my life around.
    I quit the vidya gaems, started exercising, got a 2nd job which I start on Thursday, joined 1 club at uni, and planning to join 2 more.
    So far I've joined the mountaineering club which basically does hiking, kayaking, indoor climbing, outdoor climbing, bouldering, mountain biking, cross-country skiing and cave exploring.
    I'm also thinking of joining the fencing club, and the ultimate frisbee club. I might take up indoor climbing every Thursday rather than frisbee though.

This week I'm going on 4 hikes, plus kayaking, my first session of fencing, and either indoor climbing or my first session of frisbee. Plus y'know... work and university subjects
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; March 01, 2020 at 03:58 AM.

I checked the votes again. Cookie's victory is obvious.
    With GPOTW leaders, this is my inattention, thank you for pointing this out to me, I will update the leaderboard soon as possible.

About your story. At one time I was engaged in three different sections: swimming, shooting and rowing. It was an unforgettable time. I'm pretty glad of you, even if it's a way to forget or not think about any of your problems. I hope that the crisis you are talking about has passed and that you are doing well.

The results of the current vote will be announced on Wednesday, March 4. I will be out until Wednesday, sorry for the delay.
    Last edited by Alexander78; March 01, 2020 at 07:08 AM.