Page 1 of 68 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Submission & General Commentary Thread

Daily's Avatar Flingin' ma mace son
    Content Emeritus

Default Submission & General Commentary Thread

Commentary thread for all submissions This the Commentary Thread for all the competitions held here. This is to keep the submission thread clear of comments on the different pictures, screenshots and videos. There is only one rule that is to be followed, that is there are to be no mentioning of names in the post. Commenting on "submission #3" or the "Waterloo video" for instance is fine because that does not tell which person made it. This is mostly for the voting stage of VOTM, POTW and UESW.
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; April 25, 2016 at 04:32 PM.

Default Submission Commentary Thread

Some fantastic film-making - good to see some innovative techniques being used to shake up the visuals!

Third submission: I thoroughly enjoyed your visuals. Have you contemplated doing a voice-over for the description of the battle as opposed to subtitles? You're showing some truly stunning visuals (great use of panning and revolution to show off the size of the engagement and create a grander atmosphere), but I was often distracted by the subtitles and had to stop and rewind to watch the parts missed whilst reading. Also, I felt that the music (from E:TW and N:TW) that I'm sure many fans have heard a million times didn't quite match the awe-inspiring visuals you were providing. But other than that, stellar job.

Second submission: A really great film - the whole one on one fighting has seemed to have gained popularity for TW:S2 machinimas. Thank goodness for the great animations by CA! Something I'd really like to see (and if I weren't so cinematographically challenged, I'd have a go myself) would be the one-on-one battle taking place in front of two enormous cheering armies. From my research on the period, I found that many battles from the period began with the strongest warriors (after announcing their family lineage and the victories of their ancestors and selves) would challenge each other to single combat duels before the battle had even begun. I just thought that might make an interesting visual - two enormous armies cheering on their champion in the field.

Fourth Submission: Very much enjoyed your video! An interesting take on what E:TW has to offer. The great thing about this video was that the units shown were nothing spectacular (just some reskins of regiment of foot, regiment of horse, and regiment of artillery, correct?) and have been seen by many player many times, and yet the visuals were really eye catching! The speeding up and down of the film really provided a modern action-movie-like look to the game that I've never seen before! And in combination with the music (speeding up, slowing down and pausing when it did), it almost created dubstep-sort of movement (kinda like the Youtube video of Sherlock Holmes underscored by dubstep) that brought these 18th century visuals into the 21st century. Very much enjoyed this one!

First Submission: Obviously this was a preview video, so the 'showing off units' bit at the start was necessary, but you really came into your own once the battle started. Even on the aged engine of M2:TW, you were still able to capture the excitement and bloodlust of medieval battle. Well done!

It's these sort of videos which make me want to play all the total wars simultaneously -some inspiring work!
    Last edited by Daily; January 06, 2013 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Removed names

Default Re: VOTM 31 - BETTER THAN JACKSON (SUBMISSION THREAD)

Thanks Red Rider, I'm glad you like it

Default Re: Submission Commentary Thread

Wow Red Rider thank you for your appreciation, you give me an idea for the next machinima

Hey! I really love the part at 2:22 of the second submission, where the drum beats fit the stabs ^^
    Last edited by Daily; January 11, 2013 at 11:58 AM.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Nice Monk picture in POTW 312 +rep when I can

It remembers me an old rippo's pic
    Last edited by Daily; January 11, 2013 at 12:00 PM.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Quote Originally Posted by VENNONETES View Post
    Nice pic for potw 312 uzo +rep when I can

It remembers me an old rippo's pic
    Yeah i noticed, that he had a very similar picture and i asked him wether if it was ok or i was to much a like, if it was to much a like i would take it down

Quote Originally Posted by uzo70 View Post
    Hey Ripper i really love the part at 2:22 of you video, where the drum beats fit the stabs ^^
    Thanks, actually i'm working on new machinima :p

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Quote Originally Posted by Daily View Post
    Commentary thread for all submissions
    This the Commentary Thread for all the competitions held here. This is to keep the submission thread clear of comments on the different pictures, screenshots and videos. There is only one rule that is to be followed, that is there are to be no mentioning of names in the post. Commenting on "submission #3" or the "Waterloo video" for instance is fine because that does not tell which person made it. This is mostly for the voting stage of VOTM, POTW and UESW.
    Great initiative this Commentary thread Daily and Welcome as our new head of the Screenshot and Video Competitions department!
    Last edited by Daily; January 11, 2013 at 11:42 AM.

Shoulden't the POTW 311 and the UESW 213 have ended by now ?

Conclamatus's Avatar Ordinarius

I don't think so, it says the poll will close on January 11 which means they are gonna end in 2 days.

Sorry for my bad English

Content Emeritus

I am working on it right now gentlemen. All I ask for is time.

EDIT: Ok, everything seems to be in order but if you find any problems please notify me. I am aware that the poll on POTW 312 is hidden and sorry for that but a few hiccups for the first time I think I can allow myself. I will update the polls with the appropriate number of votes. Also remember to keep names out of this thread. Read the rules

Happy weekend to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MorganH. View Post
    Great initiative this Commentary thread Daily and Welcome as our new head of the Screenshot and Video Competitions department!
    Thanks MorganH!
    Last edited by Daily; January 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM.

@Uzo
    Your last submission (potw315) is simply amazing! +rep!

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Just a suggestion here : perhaps leave no redirect or expiring rediorect (one week) for old submissions thread and result thread, so we can see better the gallery.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

@Daily: It seems the winners archives threads are stilll not working so we cannot see old submissions,votes and voters names in the Poll threads.

This has something to do with the upgrading of the site i presume ?

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Arandir Tur-Anion View Post
    Just a suggestion here : perhaps leave no redirect or expiring rediorect (one week) for old submissions thread and result thread, so we can see better the gallery.
    Yeah I can do that. Maybe unsticky them to keep the top of the sub-forum clean. I will look into it right now since I finally got a break in all the errors to actually do some work.

Quote Originally Posted by MorganH. View Post
    @Daily: It seems the winners archives threads are stilll not working so we cannot see old submissions,votes and voters names in the Poll threads.

This has something to do with the upgrading of the site i presume ?
    It is. I have tried my best to talk to the guys working on it but they have more pressing matters. So for now we must wallow in anger and just be patient. It is not only you that have been affected by this. I have been quite frustrated these last few weeks.

EDIT: I am putting all the threads in Archives for now. Winners Archive can go to hell until this is fixed.
    Last edited by Daily; March 31, 2013 at 07:15 AM.
    Proud patron of Confederate Jeb and FalconPilot
    View how Grouchy makes a Hoplon shield!

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: VOTM 33 - LION (Submission thread)

God vote the Rigtcheous.

Nice videos everybody, Hristos anesti

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Have to say "user" captured a terrific shot! I like how grimm it is and how the dark colouring makes it threating but yet so calm. Fantastic.
    Last edited by Daily; May 10, 2013 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Making the poll now. Removed name.

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Quote Originally Posted by Finlander View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Have to say "user" captured a terrific shot! I like how grimm it is and how the dark colouring makes it threating but yet so calm. Fantastic.
    Thank you for your kind comment! =) +rep

OLD SIG

one day's Avatar Semisalis

@Luntik, where are your pictures ? I never see any, and propably not only me.

Page 1 of 68 12345678910112651 ... LastLast