Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Preview] New Year's Special - House Tyrell

Default Re: [Preview] New Year's Special - House Tyrell

the lannisters and now this? absolutely great work guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    In general the nobles are the strongest unit available to each faction, but they are exceedingly rare and refill slowly.

The knights of highgarden are somewhat less armored than the nobles (And it will look like it, too, once the horses are done.) but are the most skilled knights. The Knights of Oldtown will wear the heaviest armor of all knights and nobles, but aren`t as skilled as the nobles or the knights of highgarden.
    Interesting info man, always love knowing about unit stats

Just wondering though (can't believe I'm nitpicking these details, thought I had grown out of it ) : In the Highgarden Knights description it says:

The wealth and courage of the lands combine to make the finest knights of the realm
    Why should the flower boys, the knights of summer as Cat ( ) called them, be the finest knights in the realm? Is it just a figure of speech? Just who will be the finest heavy cavalry?

I suggest the Knights of the Vale because it was the first area to be invaded by Andals, and of the Seven Kingdoms it likely is the one with the strongest Knighthood tradition. Plus otherwise they sound rather bland, them falconboys
    "For myself, I would see the White Tree in flower again in the courts of the kings, and the Silver Crown return, and Minas Tirith in peace: Minas Anor again as of old, full of light, high and fair, beautiful as a queen among other queens; not as a mistress of many slaves, nay, not even a kind mistress of willing slaves. War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Númenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise."

The Tyrells will have the best knights. The reason for this is that their lands are the most fertile (Which equals rich, which equals good armor and weapons for their nobles) and because that whole "Chivalry" thing is the most predominant in the reach; Just consider their love for tourneys.
    The terrain is also perfectly suited for the massive breeding of warhorses.

We also are trying to give each faction a slight focus, in order to make them different from each other, and since the above statements are true and since the Reach was based on Medieval France we decided to give them a focus on knights.

The Knights of the Vale won`t be lacking, either.
    Last edited by Lordinquisitor; January 02, 2013 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    The Tyrells will have the best knights. The reason for this is that their lands are the most fertile (Which equals rich, which equals good armor and weapons for their nobles) and because that whole "Chivalry" thing is the most predominant in the reach; Just consider their love for tourneys.
    The terrain is also perfectly suited for the massive breeding of warhorses.
    Good tourney warriors doesn't mean good actual warriors though. The northmen don't do tourneys, neither do the ironborn

What's up with the Reach always being quoted as having a 'chivalry' thing? By 'chivalry' you mean 'having more knights', or 'being more honourable than others' ?

The riverlands are fertile and rich, so is the riverbank along the White Knife. The Vale is fertile and rich.

It makes sense for House Tyrell to have the most knights, but... well, technically no faction should have 'the finest/best' knights, but rather all elite2 knights (White Harbour, Hornvale/Brax, Storm's End, Highgarden) should be pretty much the same in skill and equipment.
    "For myself, I would see the White Tree in flower again in the courts of the kings, and the Silver Crown return, and Minas Tirith in peace: Minas Anor again as of old, full of light, high and fair, beautiful as a queen among other queens; not as a mistress of many slaves, nay, not even a kind mistress of willing slaves. War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Númenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise."

Quote Originally Posted by Hopelessly Hopeless View Post
    Good tourney warriors doesn't mean good actual warriors though. The northmen don't do tourneys, neither do the ironborn

What's up with the Reach always being quoted as having a 'chivalry' thing? By 'chivalry' you mean 'having more knights', or 'being more honourable than others' ?

The riverlands are fertile and rich, so is the riverbank along the White Knife. The Vale is fertile and rich.

It makes sense for House Tyrell to have the most knights, but... well, technically no faction should have 'the finest/best' knights, but rather all elite2 knights (White Harbour, Hornvale/Brax, Storm's End, Highgarden) should be pretty much the same in skill and equipment.
    Lets just say all the houses like to claim they have the finest knights in the realm but the amount of knights the Tyrells can field compared to other factions... you better believe they are the finest in the realm.

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Hey I want to ask a question to the Mod Team:

What happened to those wonderful knights and models you guys showed us in the first few weeks of the previews? Are you guys scrapping off the Rainbow Guard? Is each unit model for individual house going to be incorporated as separate units or attached as captains? Is each lord of each minor house going to have their own battle map model? If so, because there is a limited number of models you can have in M2TW engine (I recall it was 500), aren't you using a bit too many models in representing lords of houses rather than the faction units themselves?

Just asking

EDIT: What happened to the green/red skirted greyjoy units previewed at week 4? Were they replaced in the later greyjoy preview?

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

honestly we have done so many previews I hardly remember.
    what you see is what you get, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Lets just say all the houses like to claim they have the finest knights in the realm but the amount of knights the Tyrells can field compared to other factions... you better believe they are the finest in the realm.
    Sure, but you are the modders. This is YOUR party, and whatever Loras Tyrell or Ty-Ty Lannister* might have to say on the prowess of their knights does not count

*Yes, I have not a shred of respect for the Shield of Lannisport. When

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Tyrion pwned him with a crossbow

I just thanked God.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

the reach has the most and best equipped knights, and oc competing in tourneys means that they have more practice.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Knighthood has befallen these days...
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Fine work as always, gents.

hi just wanted 2 say that I really love this game, haven't read the books but this looks cool, well done!

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Welcome to the forums

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I love it when new people join, and it seems like the Westeros community is expanding every day!

I have to say, being new to both Total War and ASoIaF, I think this whole idea is great... It looks amazing!!! Keep up the good work

McLovin' !

Sounds like a seexy hamburger

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Quote Originally Posted by Murfmurf View Post

Bryce Caron's Avatar Ordinarius

Awesome sauce. The Tyrells will probably be one of my first playthroughs. Just waiting for A Tully preview, then Arryn/Dorne. Nice work fellows, and just to make sure, you'll still be using the custom Highgarden campaign map model right?

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

When I can be bothered to texture it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast