Thread: Mangonels Mod V1 BETA

Aigaion's Avatar Foederatus

Icon1 Mangonels Mod V1 BETA

Hello Community !

Finally, after weeks of work, my mod is ready ! Introducing !

The Mod

My mod is named Mangonels Mod. As it sounds, this mod brings new stats to Mangonels, as well regular clans and Hojo clan.

What's news ?

The mod changes the amount of ammo for Mangonels, but also melee attack and melee defence

New stats

Vanilla stats of Mangonels are 10 ammo, 2 melee attack and 1 melee defence. The mod changes thoes stats to 20 ammo (regular clan), 30 ammo (Hojo), 4 melee attack (regular clan), 7 melee defence (regular clan), 7 melee attack (Hojo) and 11 melee defence (Hojo).

Why this mod ?

Beacous I never understood why Mangonels never had more than 10 ammo. The Mangonel is supposed to bring a large advantage to the faction who uses it. Taking a castle and open a way to foot infantry with only 10 ammo was bearly possible, specialy on high level buildings like a castle or a citadel. Also, the other problem of the Mangonels operators was her poor fighting abilities. They were simply unable to stand against any other unit, what makes them totally useless once the battle was engaged in defence behind the citadel walls. Now, they can match with regular Ashigarus units, but they will still be inferior to Samurai units. It also gives them a chance to be used as foot defence unit in citadel defencive battles.

Install

Simply unrar the .rar file and place the file Mangonels_Mod_Beta in your data folder.

Compatibility

Mangonels_Mod is frendly to Darthmod and Radious Unit Pack, but conflicts with Radious_Stats_ModV22. The issue is trying to be solved.

Questions

What are the changed stats of the Mangonels ?

As listed uppon, this mod changes the ammo rate, the melee attack and the melee defence of the Mangonels. Stats are different for regular clans and Hojo clan, Hojo clan's boost is more important, as they are siege masters.

Can I contact you in case of problems ?

Of course, contact at : logan.mat@free.fr

Is your mod compatible with other mods like Radious and Darthmod ?

Yes, he is, the only conflict actually known is with Radious_Stats_ModV22. The problem is actually trying to be solved.

Dude, the bonuses are crazy, can you decrease them ?

Yes, but it will be in another version. I can also upload multiple versions of the mod, with basic stats, or decreased stats, I'll see as I get community reports.

Default Re: Mangonels Mod V1 BETA

nice work! is there a way to make them move? and maybe increase of 5 more ammo?