Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seleucids

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Default Seleucids

For people who want to try and reform the Seleucid Empire you guys could include a small rump state. The Empire (little more than a city and a few villages) existed until roughly 69 BC or up until Pompey.

However, in 80 BC, your start date, the Seleucids were a rump state under Tigranes the Great, king of Armenia. This could be portrayed a very weak vassal or whatnot.

Anyway, it would be cool to play as them.

You could also add Kapadokia and Media Atropatene to the Faction lists. The later would also be a vassal under the Armenians. While we are on this list we cant forget Kochis, Iberia and Sophene. Some of those would just be copies of the Pontics and Armenians. Similar rosters.

Default Re: Seleucids

We already decided on the factions, and the Seleucids didn't make the cut However, the Seleucid Cataphracts will make an appearance as a regional unit

If only we had an engine hack similar to the one for AoE II where you could have more factions than the game allows, then it would be pretty fun to add all of those.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

It probably exist but it's not allowed to use such things on the forum

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Update: Will be Selecid faction in EBNOM and along with Ptolemaioi and Indo Greeks will be the 3 Hellenistic Factions.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia View Post
    Update: Will be Selecid faction in EBNOM and along with Ptolemaioi and Indo Greeks will be the 3 Hellenistic Factions.
    You are my hero

I am happy that you like the changes. Spread the news, EBNOM is revived from the dead!
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

The fact that the Indo-Greeks are in has me Giddy . I will Spread The word, though might I suggest making a front page announcement, so everyone will know . Also, will these factions use some of the late units from EB and compliment them with some new ones?

Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    The fact that the Indo-Greeks are in has me Giddy . I will Spread The word, though might I suggest making a front page announcement, so everyone will know . Also, will these factions use some of the late units from EB and compliment them with some new ones?
    We are at 83 b.c. not in 30 b.c. or 10 a.d. and there are still greeks fighting in the world for their freedom and greek pride. So i personally decided to add Seleucids and Indo Greeks into EBNOM. They will use late units from EB for sure to fill any gaps along with the originals included from EBNOM. Keep calm and spread the news. EBNOM is going to be released!

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia View Post
    We are at 83 b.c. not in 30 b.c. or 10 a.d. and there are still greeks fighting in the world for their freedom and greek pride. So i personally decided to add Seleucids and Indo Greeks into EBNOM. They will use late units from EB for sure to fill any gaps along with the originals included from EBNOM. Keep calm and spread the news. EBNOM is going to be released!
    Hooray , Shouldn't be too hard for the Indo_Greek roster, just poach The Indo-Greek and late Greek Units from the Saka and you should be set for the most part, just add some complimentary units

b0Gia, how would you avoid hardcoded faction limit? Actually the faction list is already set, and if you want to add some new faction, you should get rid of the existing one. Do you want to kick out Arverni, SPQR, Pahlava or some other faction?

Quote Originally Posted by Finn MacCumhail View Post
    b0Gia, how would you avoid hardcoded faction limit? Actually the faction list is already set, and if you want to add some new faction, you should get rid of the existing one. Do you want to kick out Arverni, SPQR, Pahlava or some other faction?
    The major factions are all in plus the two rebel factions for Rome and Parthia. We are discussing with the rest team about the minor ones.

The faction list (Still Wip):

English name - native name

Romani (Senatvs Popvlvsqve Romanvs)

Romani Liberati (Senatvs Popvlvsqve Romanvs)

Sertorians (Sertoriani)

Parthia (Pahlava)

Parthia Rebels (Pahlavanigh)

Pontus (Basileion tou Pontou)

Ptolemaic Kingdom (Ptolemaioi)

Seleucids (Arche Seleukeia)

Indo Greek Kingdom (Indo Greeks)

IndoSaka (IndoSaka)

Dacia (Getai)

Armenia (Hayastan)

Arvernians (Arvernoi)

Suebi (Sweboz)

Lugiones (Lugiones)

Numidians (Mamlakat biMassilim)

Kushan Empire (Kushans)

Suessiones or Nervii

Sauromatae (Sauromatae)

Eleutheroi

So until now we have 20 slots from 21 and we must choose 1 from 3 faction below to implement it. What do you think should be the last faction of EBNOM?

Hashmoneans (Mamleket haHashmonayim)

Nabateans (Malkuta Nabatu)

Aedui (Aedui)

If I had to choose, hasmonea has the most complete roster but so does nabatea, hm, I'd puck nabatea since hasmonea would be in conflict territory wise with the seleucids. Truth be told, if it were up to me I'd remove the Parthian rebels just to have both Hasmonea and Nabatea since both have completed rosters and just make some of the Parthian settlements rebel early on into Eleutheroi, but that's just me.
    Last edited by b257; March 03, 2015 at 09:54 PM.

Hmm after a lot of discussion we will keep both Hasmonea and Nabatea. I consider to remove then Aedui and Lugiones so the faction list will be like that.

The faction list (Still Wip):

English name - native name

Romani (Senatvs Popvlvsqve Romanvs)

Romani Liberati (Senatvs Popvlvsqve Romanvs)

Sertorians (Sertoriani)

Parthia (Pahlava)

Parthia Rebels (Pahlavanigh)

Pontus (Basileion tou Pontou)

Ptolemaic Kingdom (Ptolemaioi)

Seleucids (Arche Seleukeia)

Indo Greek Kingdom (Indo Greeks)

IndoSaka (IndoSaka)

Dacia (Getai)

Armenia (Hayastan)

Arvernians (Arvernoi)

Suebi (Sweboz)

Numidians (Mamlakat biMassilim)

Kushan Empire (Kushans)

Suessiones or Nervii

Sauromatae (Sauromatae)

Hashmoneans (Mamleket haHashmonayim)

Nabateans (Malkuta Nabatu)

Eleutheroi

I support this

b0Gia, please, do not make any announcements before the whole team would agree with your decisions.

There will be the special hellenistic version with Seleukids and Indo greeks as an addon after the release.

Master Celeborn's Avatar Libertus

why not mod on eb 2 ? I doN't understand the nolstalgia for this old engine

Quote Originally Posted by Master Celeborn View Post
    why not mod on eb 2 ? I doN't understand the nolstalgia for this old engine
    I think EB 1 is considerably better than EB 2. It's through no fault of the mod team, it's just that Rome 1 is a better base game for the EB mod than Medieval 2. I don't like Medieval 2's recruitment system for EB. You can't build standardized professional armies easily in EB 2, whereas in EB 1 you can build your armies around a solid core based on just a few unit types. I like my armies to have 10 phalanxes, 5 slingers and an archer, 3 medium cavalry and 1 general. In EB 2 you have like 20 different units in a stack of 20, it's just a real pig's breakfast of an army, no organisation or standardization, no way to spread experience because everything's a different unit, etc. It's not a problem in vanilla Medieval 2 because that's an easy game, but for a mod like EB which I like to play on VH/H it's a serious disadvantage to not be able to build standardized armies.

... That is more accurate, though. Armies were not standardized. Even the Roman Army was for the longest time mostly made up of Allies. You are gaming the system if you use a Full Stack of Antesignani and Cohors Reformata.

You should play that Italian Antiquity-Mod, that will suit someone like you better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast