Thread: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

The United states are missing its dlc units like the Legion of the US and the USMC , which is troublesome considering it already has a lackluster roster for this mod, is there any way to reimplement them

Is there any way to put back in the US legion and USMC since the US roster is already small
    Last edited by Leonardo; November 24, 2019 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

I am a big fan of this mod. I have some suggestions: in the province of Arabia.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emirate_of_Diriyah
    The Emirate of Diriyah was the first Saudi state.[1] It was established in the year 1744 (1157 AH) when Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab and Prince Muhammad bin Saudformed an alliance to found a socio-religious reform movement to unify the many states of the Arabian Peninsula and free it from Ottoman rule.[2][3] In 1744, both Muhammed bin Abd Al Wahhab and Muhammad bin Saud took an oath to achieve their goal.[4] Marriage between Muhammad bin Saud's son, Abdul-Aziz bin Muhammad, and the daughter of the Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab helped to seal the pact between their families which has lasted through the centuries to the present day.

The state religion is according to the basic order of Islam, the flow of the followers of Salafism or the Wahhabis is influential.

Leave the Mamelukes in Iraq and implement the dynasty of Mohammed Ali in Egypt.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Ali_dynasty

You could also do Switzerland. In the Alps implement regions as a fraction

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I quite enjoy this mod, but the lack of roster on Portugal, from previous versions is quite upseting for me, since i like playing them in this mod.
    Does anyone have a previous version of this mod that could link it to me? I can't find online.

Also is a future release on the works or 6.2 is the final release?

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

A new version will be in this year, however possibly without new units.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Does the units taken still inside the mod and possibly there's a way to put them back?
    I would like to have at least two portuguese cavalry that were back in a previous version.
    Also the marines that are such an important part of Portuguese military should be back.
    Last edited by Fahnat; January 09, 2020 at 05:05 AM.

The battle flag of Saxony hould be changed I think, currently they're using the banner of the polish foot guard regiment

Spoiler for The original is kept in the Polish military museum in Warsaw to this day

I'm using vdm and gameplay option for trade ship. AI build them but doesn't trade in trade nodes, there are AI's indiaman sitting on the white zone you use to change theater along with frigates. Why don't they trade?

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

New cinematic from the 6.2 version.

Icon7 Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Hello! The Mod is fantastic with all gameplay options and other stuff, but in my opinion the CAI is very passive against other Ai on campaign map, can you do something with that please?

Patrician

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Played a campaign as Papal states Hard/Medium (campaign/battles) with VDM and Bran mac battle ai.
    Have to recap on some things for LORDSITH
    The mod has many problems from some features applied on it
    1)The attempt to make this factory-bugged game overrealstic has stripped it of some options such us diplomatic options,unit abilities etc
    while there are gameplay options that enable most of these,still these options are not compatible with vdm mod.When i use the full diplomacy option vdm doesnt work and i have to reinstall it thwe full diplomatic options dont work and vice versa.
    2)Theres definately a problem in diplomacy.Its way too stiff and enemy ai's remain stubbornly hostile even having positive number of attitude.There rarely break war even asked so.They dont form stategic treaties,rarely propose tech offers for money, and invade other ais at a smaller rate
    You must do something with gift system maybe changing costs would make them join your side.Consequently if you manage reaching at late turns of a campaign you come up with 10+ enemies that are unwilling to break a continuous time of war,even though no hostilities take place.
    3)Many problems in Campaign ai
    theres a huge problem with ai defending its docks.I have see numerous times ai docks being raided captured by an army stack repaired and reraid and this go on.The problem is mainly on all docks primary and secondary.
    In land the have some problems defending the land around them but its not that important
    The most important problem here is that allied ai rarely help and seem unnaturally weak.Human seems to fight alone and oftes gets steamrolled by an ai that doesnt trade or have their docks blocaded and somehow have 3-4 40 unit army stacks.Where do they get all that money from?is that unrealistic?
    3)Campaigns seem unplayable for humans with small nations.You get very small income you built stacks at a smaller rate and many times you get bankrupted because of a blocade or unrealistic upkeep your trading fleets have!Way to tough for human to play
    Personally i save in turn 1 exit and edit the save putting 10k income for each region my nation has.I am thinking of putting extra income every 25 turn something like 5k for each region.Its the only way to continue the campaign.Because either you get bankrupt or destabilized from negative aspects of VDM
    4)dont have to say much about battles.Mainly the problems here are when you attack the a,see my previous posts
    I also urge you to restore the gun number per battery to 4.They are too expensive have only to guns huge upkeep and no point in building them
    the idea of adding 3-4 rounds of fire at infantry in previous version was catastrophic,it was resulting in a melee fight with musket equipped units,totally unrealistic.If you want to reenable ammo give them more than 30 rounds or leave it infinite.
    Also you should increase the chance of casualities from marine fire aboard in naval battles.They contribute to no casulaties.
    An increase in income is vital for small nations,as well as adding starting funds.
    You can also add a interesting ability to rake to sabotage enemy army stacks and immobilize them for a turn,just check the tables!
    VDM the fact that campaigns are tough upredictable and challenging and last but not least the fact that game rarely crashes
    makes it among the best mods that are out
    Personnaly i dont care about new units being added,but i want more some of the issues above to be tune.I may remind you that swiss halberdier can make a version of aum compatible to your mod as soon as you tell him in his post
    Feel free to ask me anything you want

Patrician

Released a new version ID 6.21
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ravmyx..._6.21.rar/file
    Extract the files and drop above the old ones.
    A new campaign is required.

Started a new campaign with Austria NORMAL BATTLES/HARD CAMPAIGN
    Have played about 45 turns,pretty see the same things which im going to present here.
    CAMPAIGN AI
    1)STILL the guard raid,capture,leave,recapture thing over and over for the ai.Ai doesnt guard main docks.England and france suffer from this.Ai sends ships more often to break raids than to guard their ports.
    2)See some of my armies hiding on the map,which means that they could ambush.Ambushing is a really good feature which could be reworked.Also some human armies have trouble guarding their ground which means an ai can sneak near you without your troops to be able to intercept,very annoying
    3)Ai builds huge army but not sure do they get all that money.They rarely invade other ai or overseas to america and india.
    4)Admiral cost is TOO HUGE TO ATTAIN,while generals are relatively cheap
    5)Reconsider the fact to update VDM with new scripts.I also remember a vdm dilemma to provide with 2 options that both give stability -1
    6)WHAT ABOUT RECONFIGURING NATIONAL PRESTIGE somehow.For example make it to gradually trickle some money in your nation
    7)reconsider the suggestion to add more troops via AUM ,swiss halberdier can make a version campatible with your mod as soon as you tell him

DIPLOMACY
    1)They still betray you very easily,espesially when a stupid ai decides to attack you for no reason.Even when you have an alliance and friendly relations they refuse to join you in your war.The biggest traitors are the major nations!
    2)Still very stubborn ai's they remain hostile even having good public opinion for you.Perhaps the gift system which boosts relationships may forge stronger bonds with stubborn ones?Can you decrease the price of gifts?
    3)They seem to take use of military access and some good allies send troops camp in your land

ECONOMY
    the biggest problem is here
    1)Campaign remains EXTREMLY DIFFICULT.I have almost double the amount of regions since i start and still no good income income.If you combine this with very strict vdm options, and high trade fleet upkeep,ai fleet port blocades you can simply NEVER HAVE MONEY which makes the campaign unplayable.
    Personally i save in turn 1 exit and load esf editor putting 10k income for each starting region and still bankrupt many times.
    I have also putting more money every 50 turns in order to be able to play.IN ADDITION I USE YOUR HIGH INCOME GAMEPLAY OPTION
    PLEASE DO SOMETHING FOR INCOME
    2)Upkeep system is completely broken
    300 upkeep for the simplest ship galley etc while it gives me only 400 trading income.Bigger ships have even upkeep i need them to trade and guard m ports but simply cant get many and EVEN IF I DO i wont have money.THIS VICE CIRCLE has to be broken.
    In armies upkeep seem fine,maybe a little high for militia,rediculously high for artillery(Maybe 4 guns per battery could worth it)

LAND BATTLES
    As i have said again i use bran mac born ai for vanilla etw and i like them.
    Not much to say about them
    Maybe you must reenable deployable defences, find a way to make skirmish mode for effective and put all units to fire for militia,fire by rank for line infantry and perhaps fire and advance for elite infantry or grenadiers.
    BRING FORTS BACK or at least make a gameplay options for those who like it
    I saw your changes in morale they make battles last longer

SEA BATTLES
    unit aboard skirmishing still result in no casualities
    couple of blowups in ships

AGENTS
    1)i had suggested rakes to be able to sabotage army and make it unmovable for 1 turn.I remember this could be done it native american rakes.Can you bring back this to european rakes?
    2)Priests and gentlemen could help a region when being under a pandemia or a disease. Can u could add a doctor trait/ability to them?

I DONT KNOW WHAT OTHER BUGS YOU HAVE FIXED.If you want to ask me something else im all ears

is it possible to play in multiplayer with this mod ??
    is it possible to play in multiplayer with this mod ??

It is as soon as you have the multiplayer beta for empire.
    Only a few have this including me.Still i wasnt able to find anyone so that we try multiplayer

Is there any chance you could turn Brazil, Straights of Madagascar, and the Gold Coast into nations like you did with the East Indies?

Who's up for a multiplayer campaign?
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; April 16, 2020 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Aggelos_GR View Post
    Who's up for a multiplayer campaign?
    Only people who got a beta key to the multiplayer campaign can actually play one unfortunately and I think it's quite rare

Actually i have
    Creative assembly sent me the key a long time ago
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

You're very lucky