Thread: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Hi there! I have a question: is this mod compatible with the campaigns? It seems that it crashes a few turns in and I can't recruit any troops at all. Any help would be appreciated. Also, thanks so much for this mod! Been having fun with the GC, but I wanted to experience the campaigns with this mod's beautiful graphical tweaks, as well.

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Hello!

I would like to add units and old textures from Nec pluribus Impar (like Bussy army...) but I can't find earlier versions of NPI. Does someone have an earlier version than NPI 0.3?

How can I use and add the units icons of NPI whiwh are not yet used in the NPI mod (like Chasseurs de Fischer for example)? I've found the tga files buth I haven't succeed in using them (with packfile manager).

Thank you!

This mod fixes the ottoman bug? (my suggestion is that the campaign does not last beyond the year 1815)

I'll try this splendid mod soon, so I have to ask: is it compatible with mods like the new Bran's CAI only (no BAI) mod, shokh's no siege mod, tuc experience mod? I'm afraid that my game won't start if I will install Imperial Destroyer over those mods. Any advice?

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

no use bran's cai only bai as cai will mix up things.
    The only mods i suggest are vdm,brans bai,k limited ammo

Thank you kindly Sir_Aggelos_GR! Does anyone know if this mod changes the way of how the units gain experience? I really dislike the vanilla mechanic where rarely my units would gain more than three chevrons and I'd like to know if imperial destroyer changes that. I've read the entire thread (took me some time) but I didn't notice experience changes, I think.

Hello!

I would like to find this unit. This is the swiss guard of Tricorn to helmet mod. Where is it possible to download it?

Thank you!

Vaessili's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by walter_model View Post
    Hello!

I would like to find this unit. This is the swiss guard of Tricorn to helmet mod. Where is it possible to download it?

Thank you!

Hi,

Not form this mod. Imperial destroyer is focused on the 7 year war, about 50 years before the uniform you're displaying in the picture was actually in use. I think you may take a look to another mod called "Imperial Splendour" which focuses on the French revolution, I bet this pic come from this mod. Vive la République, Vive la Nation !

Best regards.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Lordsith any news about your computer?

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Suppose the same.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Perhaps it is just me, but this mod feels practically impossible to beat unless you're the most patient human in existence.

I am playing as the United Provinces (I am Dutch myself) and I am just stuck into wars that I can not win with the financial situation I have.
    Spain and France, despite losing a lot of regions in the Americas, refuse to sign a peace treaty. France, which makes sense, has an army that is so large that taking Paris is a no go, because I can't afford an army large enough to manage that. Portugal just decided to join in on their side out of no where and all of a sudden there's a 13 unit army in the Americas taking my regions.

I am also not able to use trade posts? I can't recruit Fluyts or any other trade ships for some reason, so making money becomes practically impossible.
    Everytime I capture a region the population is so unhappy, that it forces me to keep my army there for a ton of turns. It really takes away the pace and stops me from allowing myself to outplay my opponents.

In India, all the factions have these random alliances, which really takes away the opportunity to strike there and take some wealthy regions.

Like I said, maybe it's just me, maybe I took the wrong approach, but to me this mod feels like you're being strangled while playing. I can't say I am enjoying the experience, to be honest.

A shame, really, because I do enjoy the battles, the sounds, the units, their formations, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    Perhaps it is just me, but this mod feels practically impossible to beat unless you're the most patient human in existence...
    Hi !

I'm French, so most of the time, I can't help myself but play as France, tho, I love playing UP too. Actually, I enjoy it a lot. For sure, in VH/VH, it's quite a challenge. But few tips may help you out.

Forget about peace, economy is the key. You have to make sure you run the "increase trade" option. It doubles your income from trading more or less, making your fluyts more useful. Secure all the Ivory cost. It's sad to say, but the slaves trade is what will give you a lot of money.

Built as many fourth rate as you can afford to protect your main Harbor (4/5 off the costs of Amsterdam, few spare for the Caribbean sea), you can't get your main port raided or blockaded even for one turn, it's a no go. Try not to expend at first. Get ready to take the French Guyana when France declare war on you and try to secure the Flanders if you can, but no conquest until your income allows it.

Play defensive until 1720 at least. Built Two school in your region capital. Trade tech with IA is a good way to secure the peace for several turns. CIA will attack you whenever there is no garrison at or near one of your region capital, or if its army is twice as big as yours. It's no rocket science, but bet on it. Keep a unit in every Harbor you own, It gives you one more turn to react to a landing operation.

When you have the opportunity, use three fleet to block the path in Gibraltar an every side of Denmark. This way you prevent fleets from within the Med and the Baltic to access the trade zone. You will also have their trade fleet waiting to be taken. In a campaign with France I'm in 1730 and own 41 trade ships already.

You just can't do like Napoleon by 1700 and conquer half Europe within half of a decade. This mod requires to be patient. But you can also use ESF editor and give you a kick start by editing your starting money and tech. If you want the challenge of the campaign without the difficulty being too extreme, you may find your middle ground by doing so. But don't go too far, it spoils the fun too .

I must say I've downgraded my version of the mod to 4.9, more stable on my computer and I still have elite marines units in the roster (I love the Korps Mariners while playing the Dutch.)

I hope it helped you a bit getting a more enjoyable game experience with ID

Best regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaessili View Post
    Hi !

I'm French, so most of the time, I can't help myself but play as France, tho, I love playing UP too. Actually, I enjoy it a lot. For sure, in VH/VH, it's quite a challenge. But few tips may help you out.

Forget about peace, economy is the key. You have to make sure you run the "increase trade" option. It doubles your income from trading more or less, making your fluyts more useful. Secure all the Ivory cost. It's sad to say, but the slaves trade is what will give you a lot of money.

Built as many fourth rate as you can afford to protect your main Harbor (4/5 off the costs of Amsterdam, few spare for the Caribbean sea), you can't get your main port raided or blockaded even for one turn, it's a no go. Try not to expend at first. Get ready to take the French Guyana when France declare war on you and try to secure the Flanders if you can, but no conquest until your income allows it.

Play defensive until 1720 at least. Built Two school in your region capital. Trade tech with IA is a good way to secure the peace for several turns. CIA will attack you whenever there is no garrison at or near one of your region capital, or if its army is twice as big as yours. It's no rocket science, but bet on it. Keep a unit in every Harbor you own, It gives you one more turn to react to a landing operation.

When you have the opportunity, use three fleet to block the path in Gibraltar an every side of Denmark. This way you prevent fleets from within the Med and the Baltic to access the trade zone. You will also have their trade fleet waiting to be taken. In a campaign with France I'm in 1730 and own 41 trade ships already.

You just can't do like Napoleon by 1700 and conquer half Europe within half of a decade. This mod requires to be patient. But you can also use ESF editor and give you a kick start by editing your starting money and tech. If you want the challenge of the campaign without the difficulty being too extreme, you may find your middle ground by doing so. But don't go too far, it spoils the fun too .

I must say I've downgraded my version of the mod to 4.9, more stable on my computer and I still have elite marines units in the roster (I love the Korps Mariners while playing the Dutch.)

I hope it helped you a bit getting a more enjoyable game experience with ID

Best regards.
    Thanks for the feedback, but I don't really get it tho. I am not able to recruit Fluyts at all? They're simply not present as an option to recruit. I can't get any trade ships and I don't start with any either. That's why I went for conquest so early, because I can't get a trade network.

Do you have any idea why I might not be able to get any trade ships?

E:

Nvm, I just discovered that you have to download files to get trade ships back! Guess I'll be giving it another shot then
    Last edited by Dekkers; November 06, 2018 at 09:07 AM.

Slave trade is avaible on VDM, plus for a trade ships u need dowland the option file to unlock them.

I discovered

Unfortunately I can't skip my turn anymore now, though. I was having an enjoyable campaign, but every time I skip turn now it goes back to desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    I discovered

Unfortunately I can't skip my turn anymore now, though. I was having an enjoyable campaign, but every time I skip turn now it goes back to desktop.

Do you have this problem since you placed the trading options in the game?
    Did you happen to see if the AI ​​player used its Fluyts to trade?

Does anyone know where to download a more stable version of this wonderful mod? (4.9 for example)

It's a shame, but it seems that we will have to forget about ETW and play Europa Universalis 4. The only mod that seemed entertaining and coherent was Imperial Destroyer but there are errors that do not allow to play it

Quote Originally Posted by vanquisher92 View Post

Do you have this problem since you placed the trading options in the game?
    Did you happen to see if the AI ​​player used its Fluyts to trade?

Does anyone know where to download a more stable version of this wonderful mod? (4.9 for example)
    I am not sure what causes it. Yes, I do use trade ships now, but I have been able to play a turn or 40.

There are some other nations using trade ships. Not necessarily fluyts tho.

If some of you have difficulties making ID Working, I still have ID 4.9 and 5.0.

If Lordsith agree with it, I'll find a way to reupload those prior version of Imperial Destroyer.

@Dekkers, I' glad you find a way to get Fluyts at least

It appears my campaign keeps crashing when Denmark appears after I have ended the turn. Does anyone know if there is a way for me to fix this? I do have an earlier save, but it's like 14 turns and quite a few conquests back, so I'd rather fix my current save.