Page 193 of 195 FirstFirst ... 93143168183184185186187188189190191192193194195 LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,860 of 3883

Thread: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Default Re: Imperial Destroyer project v1.0

Lordsith

I made maps of the 1700 and 1783 start dates if the mod was fleshed out a wee more. It's already by far the best mod for Empire, but I think these additions would truly revolutionise the game and maybe even make it contend with a future Empire 2, the same way a lot of people see many of the older games as on-par or challenging the quality of the newer games.

1700 campaign https://i.imgur.com/JKHiMX9.png 1783 campaign https://i.imgur.com/wuJJnso.png

I forgot Oman until just recently so it's out of order on the list. These extra regions + factions are mostly on areas with at least some vegetation and not entirely just map; the two exceptions are Greenland and Oman but the map texture can be seen as barren ice or sand wasteland. I noticed you were planning on making a region in Brazil (with all those different units stuck on one tile in Brazil) the same way you made the Banjar Sultanate region and my mind wandered from there about what more this mod could be.

Also because the pandemic's given me a lot of free time, I made these extra maps in case you did decide to finish this mod and wanted to add one or two more campaigns to it.

Thirty Years War https://i.imgur.com/38uSGRw.png Napoleonic Wars https://i.imgur.com/JUaJXiD.png (a map of which language would be most appropriate for which faction https://i.imgur.com/qaQVkJo.png)

I don't wish to overburden you with all that extra, I just want to see if you'd be interested in finishing the 1700 and 1783 campaigns. I'd certainly be down to compensate you well for the time and effort!

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

I forgot to list the newly added regions in this finished product idea:

- the 4 Trade Theatres: 2 in the Brazilian, Ivory Coast, Straights of Madagascar, and one additional region in the East Indies along with the Banjar Sultanate
    - American Theatre: West Greenland, British Guyana
    - European Theatre: East Greenland, Switzerland, Northern Central Asia (Khivan Khanate region is split in half), Oman
    - Indian Theatre: none (the Himalayan mountains and Ganges river are sensible borders, and there isn't enough greenery east of Bengal to (in my mind, idk about yours) justify adding Burma/Myanmar)

Then there are the existing and new factions that would occupy those regions, which is why I'm only asking the 1700 and 1783 campaigns; doing all four campaigns would probably be way too big a project for one person unless they make it a long-term project. If the faction limit won't allow that many, Portugal could easily/ fairly historically own the regions in the first three trade theatres, and the fourth can have the 2nd region owned by Banjar as well, or the Dutch. Khivan Khanate could own both Central Asian regions, and hopefully there's still enough room to add the Swiss and Oman factions.
    Last edited by prototype952; May 08, 2022 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prototype952 View Post
    Lordsith

I made maps of the 1700 and 1783 start dates if the mod was fleshed out a wee more. It's already by far the best mod for Empire, but I think these additions would truly revolutionise the game and maybe even make it contend with a future Empire 2, the same way a lot of people see many of the older games as on-par or challenging the quality of the newer games.

1700 campaign https://i.imgur.com/JKHiMX9.png 1783 campaign https://i.imgur.com/wuJJnso.png

I forgot Oman until just recently so it's out of order on the list. These extra regions + factions are mostly on areas with at least some vegetation and not entirely just map; the two exceptions are Greenland and Oman but the map texture can be seen as barren ice or sand wasteland. I noticed you were planning on making a region in Brazil (with all those different units stuck on one tile in Brazil) the same way you made the Banjar Sultanate region and my mind wandered from there about what more this mod could be.

Also because the pandemic's given me a lot of free time, I made these extra maps in case you did decide to finish this mod and wanted to add one or two more campaigns to it.

Thirty Years War https://i.imgur.com/38uSGRw.png Napoleonic Wars https://i.imgur.com/JUaJXiD.png (a map of which language would be most appropriate for which faction https://i.imgur.com/qaQVkJo.png)

I don't wish to overburden you with all that extra, I just want to see if you'd be interested in finishing the 1700 and 1783 campaigns. I'd certainly be down to compensate you well for the time and effort!
    Great idea but unfortunately there is no way (for now) to mod "covered" regions in the game (like Oman, Greenland, etc). The regions added in Imperial Destroyer were already existing regions in ETW vanilla but not assigned to any nation - so they added cities to these regions and assigned them.

Hi. This is an awesome mod. I've been enjoying it with some of the options available. However, I don't know what I did wrong because I can't listen to the loading screen music and I would love to listen to it before each battle. Can someone help me, please? thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by scaniavikings View Post
    Great idea but unfortunately there is no way (for now) to mod "covered" regions in the game (like Oman, Greenland, etc). The regions added in Imperial Destroyer were already existing regions in ETW vanilla but not assigned to any nation - so they added cities to these regions and assigned them.
    How do you define "covered" regions? Do you mean the areas that are purely map with no trees or anything on them? He was able to do that for the Banjar region in the East Indies theatre. Sure, that Banjar region he created had an outline of trees, but the area where the city was built is on the blank map area, and you can walk your units around the blank map area too. Plus, you can tell he was planning to work on Brazil next because every faction has one unit of militia stuck on a single tile in the middle of the Brazil "region" in the middle of the map.

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

could you guys make an imperial destroyer submod version for darthmod?

Will there be any update for Imperial Destroyer (E:TW), perhaps applying many of the new features and units which are given in the new Empire Total War 2 Mod? (maybe just even merging those two mods together?)

Quote Originally Posted by barbossaEUW View Post
    Will there be any update for Imperial Destroyer (E:TW), perhaps applying many of the new features and units which are given in the new Empire Total War 2 Mod? (maybe just even merging those two mods together?)
    I like this idea. I am working on some updates: starting treasury, more ammo, victory conditions, boosting treasury, etc. Unfortunately the modders of ID are absent so if we want to do something we have to create our own in-official submod for ID.

Actually ETW2 also use VDM which exists for ID too. It sounds interesting to add units from ETW2 to ID though.

Quote Originally Posted by prototype952 View Post
    How do you define "covered" regions? Do you mean the areas that are purely map with no trees or anything on them? He was able to do that for the Banjar region in the East Indies theatre. Sure, that Banjar region he created had an outline of trees, but the area where the city was built is on the blank map area, and you can walk your units around the blank map area too. Plus, you can tell he was planning to work on Brazil next because every faction has one unit of militia stuck on a single tile in the middle of the Brazil "region" in the middle of the map.
    Vanilla regions = regions from vanilla ETW, assigned to factions.
    Blank regions = empty regions that are not assigned to any faction and has no settlement. These regions are the ones that have been modded and included in this mod. For example: Khanate of Khiva, northern Saudi Arabia and some Indian settlements too I think.
    Covered/unexplored regions = see image below, the "greyed" out areas:

Indeed, the Banjar faction is modded on top of an unexplored region. However, it's bordering the sea with trees. But playing as Banjar is a bit unstable? I remember opening the minister tab or something like that and the game crashed. If I remember correctly, I think there was some Russian dude who modded these additional regions. No one has been able to reverse engineer or crack how he did it yet. I always thought that the units placed in the Brazil region are needed for avoiding a bug or something like that but maybe it's what you say - they planned on modding that region. Sounds interesting, nevertheless.

If you will open a new submode and create a project to mix those two mods together and work out some ideas with the units, I would gladly appreciate some follow up info in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by scaniavikings View Post
    Vanilla regions = regions from vanilla ETW, assigned to factions.
    Blank regions = empty regions that are not assigned to any faction and has no settlement. These regions are the ones that have been modded and included in this mod. For example: Khanate of Khiva, northern Saudi Arabia and some Indian settlements too I think.
    Covered/unexplored regions = see image below, the "greyed" out areas:

Indeed, the Banjar faction is modded on top of an unexplored region. However, it's bordering the sea with trees. But playing as Banjar is a bit unstable? I remember opening the minister tab or something like that and the game crashed. If I remember correctly, I think there was some Russian dude who modded these additional regions. No one has been able to reverse engineer or crack how he did it yet. I always thought that the units placed in the Brazil region are needed for avoiding a bug or something like that but maybe it's what you say - they planned on modding that region. Sounds interesting, nevertheless.
    Ah, that's a shame. I was really hoping this mod would eventually be completed and we could have at least one if not two conquerable regions in each trade theatre. Also, I've played as Banjar and I disband my faction's Brazilian unit at the beginning of every campaign, and I've never run into any crashing problems with either situation. Well, despite not being finished, this still is the best Empire mod by far. But maybe CA will make Empire 2 their next full-on historical title, and the game will be as successful and loved to this day as Fall of the Samurai is.

I'm trying to change the stats of some naval units. Like making them more expensive and removing the unit cap. There seem to be plenty of packfile containing naval unit stats and I've tried editing them all but none of them seem to have an effect. Does anyone know where the naval unit stats actually are?

I'm trying to change the stats of some naval units. Like making them more expensive and removing the unit cap. There seem to be plenty of packfile containing naval unit stats and I've tried editing them all but none of them seem to have an effect. Does anyone know where the naval unit stats actually are?

Sorry for messing up the feed i suck at this

Hey guys I'm trying to edit some naval unit stats like making some ships more expensive and removing the unit cap but i can't figure out which packfile to edit. A bunch of them seems to contain the naval unit stats but when I edit them nothing actually changes in the game. Does anyone know how to actually do it? Im using pfm btw.

Thanks for this great work, I Enjoyed the mod as ottomans VH/H - no VDM, now looking to try Crimean or Indian nation for more challenge, just a few questions

1- would the 75% reduced campaign movement add or reduce the ai challenge? Iam afraid that the ai wont be able to use the naval transport effectively as i do or would move aimlessly around the map as i outsmart/outmaneuver it

2- I tried VDM but got some good stability/minister traits/events at the start and felt that it made managing unrest way too easy and accumulating control points/doing mission was not that hard, diplomacy was also quite relaxed (Britain didnt attack as they usually do in the first few turns) so i abandoned it but now i wonder if it would -on the long run- make the game more challenging "especially late game"?

3-What are other submods/options that you would recommend to increase the game difficulty?

Hello i have one litlle problem. When i upgrade military building on lvl 4 i cant recruit units, full unit window is lost. Some help?

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Marty18 View Post
    Hello i have one litlle problem. When i upgrade military building on lvl 4 i cant recruit units, full unit window is lost. Some help?
    Which faction? Any screens?

Every what i play - Austria Prussia Sweden
    Screens
    https://www.uschovna.cz/sk/zasilka/INADHMJXASEPG6RP-C7I/