Page 1 of 195 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Icon3 IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Imperial Destroyer project is total modification for Empire total war.

Main features of Imperial Destroyer:
    -New gameplay
    -New regions
    -New interface
    -New graphics
    -New sound effects
    -New musical compositions
    -New smoke effects
    -New playable factions
    -New units for absolutely all factions
    -Historical accurate units based on the Seven Year's War period
    -Early and Late campaigns
    -New technologies
    -New religions
    -Improved AI
    -New portraits
    -New buildings
    -New vicotry conditions
    -New animations
    -And a lot of other features!

You need to start a new campaign!
    [/SPOILER]

I would like to thank and credit Herr Doctor, Lom, SHREDDER, "Hetmanat" team, VadAntS, nnn900,Sponge, wangrin, Flavius, Tor7171 , Flikitos, danova, Pom, Nizam, DARTH VADER, Megasalexandros, Psycho V, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar, Swiss Halberdier, Romulus and Toonwarstotalwar, ЛанДскнехт, adrian74, ACMilan88, Geronimo2006, Preussen Gloria, Jarnomiedema, Van Diemen, KindredBrujah,Archealos , szwajcar, alesha 6667 and nig.low, Madrush, Fedual, mhdsafwanindera, Hammeredalways, alhoon, Xwhyzed, T.C. , .Mitch., szwajcar, Barmalei-Nukleid, lvcas and all modders who worked on Empire total war for their help and excellent works and for allowing its use.

Video (promo). Thanks to Fahnat

New factions:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Jacobite Britain
    Belgium
    Serbia
    Hetmanate
    Moldavia
    Don Voisko
    Carnatic
    Rajpootana
    Hyderabad
    Banjar
    Kandy
    Cree
    Sioux

Some new units

New regions!:

Download and installation
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...D-INSTALLATION
    Last edited by Lordsith; February 21, 2020 at 07:49 AM. Reason: New version

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

Default Re: Imperial Destroyer project

impessive, my friend, impressive
    although i dont like the removing of firing drills and grenades(what are grenadiers for then?)

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Nice ideas Lordsith.

@Punitor
    Grenadiers didn't use grenades in the 18th century to any decent degree anyway-they were too unreliable. Their role was elite infantry and storming forts/holding a line mainly-something that their increased stats usually make them pretty good at, notwithstanding smaller unit sizes in many places. Ergo, removing the grenades is fine, especially considering in vanilla ETW they've got unlimited ammo hard-coded (which makes no sense).

Not so sure about the firing drills however-I can understand removing FAA and platoon fire as they break when you mod unit spacings and don't actually have any really good effect in-game, but FBR is still pretty damn cool (the drill itself is a little inaccurate though-the soldiers usually stayed standing up apart from anything else).
    Last edited by Tango12345; December 26, 2012 at 05:19 AM.

Patrician

Tango12345
    Yes you are right about grenades, but also i removed grenades for the better balance.
    FBR is good,but skirmish ability even more effective. Skirmish drill allow for infantries to fire with all ranks without waiting till last soldier be ready to fire. Then skirmish drill more convenient , for instance if your 2-3 soldiers in right flank or left flank will fight , the rest of soldiers will fire without waiting till these 3 soldiers do not leave from melee combat. And skirmish ability better; soldiers continue to reload and fire even when they reform their ranks after casualities . And finaly skirmish drill more historical accurate than other game drills.

The only issue with that is that not all infantry actually skirmished-usually only light infantry battalions/companies. It would work out fine though as long as the units stay in their proper ranks.

now i see your point, lordsith. im also using the "can_skirmish" = True for my Russo-Turkish war mod and my WW1 mod.
    this also allows the units to fire in all directions without reforming(as long traget is in range). when the battered unit flees or is extincted the unit reforms in the beaten enemies diection. which is very realistic
    but fire by rank is also cool. i´d at least give it to the british grenadiers or improved line infantry.
    you know what i would really love to see? first line kneeling and 2nd line standing, firig at will . like in FotS or in ETW whenin square formation.

The only issue with that is that not all infantry actually skirmished-usually only light infantry battalions/companies. It would work out fine though as long as the units stay in their proper ranks.
    they do not skirmish you just change the "Can_Skirmish" ability in units_stats_lands_tables from "False" to "True". this doesnt gives the units the ability to skirmish(this happens in unit_to_ability_tables or something like this)! they just start to fire through every gap they can find in their own ranks. this allows the first 2-3 lines to fire at will. even in the tightest formation. its perfectly for mid and late 19th century warfare like US-civil war, seven weeks war, franco-prussian war, russo-turkish war,...

It would work out fine though as long as the units stay in their proper ranks

they stand like a stone wall they dont move a single metre and behave like line infantry....if its that what you mean

Default Re: Imperial Destroyer project v1.0

That is exactly what I was saying.

Patrician

It almost one month passed and nobody stiill didn't say anything. In our russian forums everybody find more better BAI.
    Now i give you the lingk of Darthmod version . But then i release my full version withh gigant number of new units
    Just test it and and tell something about BAI
    Imperial destroyer project for DME
    http://depositfiles.com/files/ll9bzgtol

Drop to the Empire data and write up on top of the list
    Last edited by Lordsith; January 17, 2013 at 09:15 PM.

I experienced this BAI mods. He impressed me. Very good! Especially in the assault and siege! Thanks to the author!

Patrician

Thanks friend!

Patrician

Nine stared rake!
    Last edited by Lordsith; January 22, 2013 at 08:52 AM.

What Ive been looking for many thanks lordsith However would it be OK to make a version without custom musket sounds I like general Andy's one

Patrician

actualy i continue my project in russian speaking forums. There are a lot of features have been released in my last version 2.1 . Now i'm working on adding crimes into ETW and it seems to me works ok .If you interest in my last version you're welcome
    Last edited by Lordsith; May 29, 2013 at 11:54 PM.

Downloading now eta 12h still looks worth it, I noticed that the NTW interface is released with the v2.1 just wondering if that is going to be released standalone any time soon? again massive thanks for this, really hated my units not being able to fire till everyone was in rank or loaded even when being charged by a 1000 Indians!!! felt so linear and annoying.

How i can remove mod's smoke? I have lags becouse of this. Sorry me for my english.

По русски говоришь? А то я мучаюсь, перевожу на английский...

Patrician

Привет ! Рад видеть русскоязычного на этом форуме. Я свой проект развиваю здесь . Отписывайся там , а то здесь не любят когда говорят не на английском.

Excuse me, no more russian words from me
    Last edited by Lordsith; May 29, 2013 at 11:54 PM.

I quite like this mod, battle AI is better and effects are cool too, it's almost like playing NTW with ETW world map. And i downloaded that V2.2 but i think it's on russian language since i didn't see any text on menus or pop-up windows. Is there any way to make it work in english. Would really like to try it.