Thread: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

How can I start a Early campaign ? I've the 2 files in my game folder but the campaign starts in 1783.

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

I play an early campaign but the public order is too low. How can I change that ?

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Anything being planned to release soon Lordsith?

Any chance on getting the link for the playable Jacobite campaign?

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Great to see some minor factions being added their units again, but for example with portugal there isn't still the Fuzilers unit that it previously add.
    Also a unique portuguese cavalry unit was taken out.

Lord sith how is your PC doing? got a new one or is it still broken?

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

A new version is coming soon!

Oleyyyy... Thank you...

Overwrite installation over 6.1 and new campaign,because im on my secondary computer.
    On my primary one i will make a clean install.
    Can i make game run without steam?(I have original game version ofcourse)it justs annoys me beacause it forces you run steam and be connected to the internet
    Any suggestions which civ you want me to try?

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Added new video promo from Fahnat.

New campaign started as Hetmanate( something like Ukraine) H/H difficulty
    VDM 2.2 all the different options enabled,and all diplomatic options enabled even though i didnt see them work.Nor the increased income nor military access options which was very odd and something must be conficting.
    -Campaign starts with 0 funds which is a big mistake in my opinion.It makes campaigns with single-regioned nations unplayable.I suggest 10k starting funds to all nations.
    -I noticed 601 upkeep for a battery of 2 cannons which doesnt worth it in my opinion.I suggest making 4 guns/battery
    -Ai gets stubborn in accepting proposals in diplomacy.I want a slacker diplomacy more tech trades,more overseas alliances,more peace treaties when crashed.
    -Ai allies supporting my capital even though being crashed from a dominant nation.They were constructing a lot of buildings while having a too small army and being invaded.Construction should hault in my opinion when being crashed.Sweden crashing russia and poland it less than 40 turns is too OP.Ai seem weak under the pressure of a steamroller civ.Crimea attachs poland and i choose the Polish i attack crimea trying to capture and find a way out to sea.
    -Played only 2 battles against crimea and cant say much they seem nice.As BAI i use brans mac born mod for vanilla etw
    -My regime was democracy that kept unstabilizing my nation every time elections were held(every 8 turns) because the goverment were losing the elections and stability was reseted to 0
    -Very low income and mainly based on money from selling techs to others and from VDM scripts.
    -gave me no towns and just 1 rake
    -campaign seems very very difficult with small nations.
    -lost due to revolution when i chose the wrong side which was the rebels(~~40 turns)
    -for the first time i experienced no crash
    feel free to ask me anything
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; June 12, 2019 at 05:03 AM.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

It his infuriating that there's still no way to add regions into empire.
    CA should do something to allow modders to work on that.

Europe, i believe is the continent which most needed more regions.
    This is what i would like to see being added.

Eastern Spain having the Aragon region with Barcelona as the capital.
    Southern France with Bordeaux as it's capital.
    Sicily with Palermo as it's capital.
    The Morocco Interland with Marrakesh as it's capital, while making tangier a city like gibraltar.
    The Aegean Region in Western anatolia with Izmir as it's capital.
    Cyprus with Nicosia as it's capital.

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

Holstein, Mecklenburg, Tuscany and Switzerland were planned as separate regions in original game but were abandoned later by the developers before the release. Most probably there were even more provinces, as those mentioned were supposed to be parts of the respective states.

Love the mod, prob the best mod I've tried for the game but when will the USA get more units? they really have no units just 4 or 6 dlc units and the default ones.

Hi all !

This mod seems to be amazing, but unfortunately, I cannot understand why I get no name for units, technologies or factions, nor any description for theses (except the vanilla ones).

Can someone explain what I've missed ? I have copy all files in the data folder including Lord_loc.pack and I'm trying to play the 1700 campaign.

What have I missed ?

Sogdog's Avatar Centenarius

The no forts submod no longer works either. Has anyone found a work around?

Hi all,
    Since noone has posted any interesting about this mod.I will make a detailed review about the mod and express some of my thoughts.
    I replayed Hetmanate campaign iN H/H with VDM VADANTS mod and bran mac's mod BAI (as i believe it makes battles better.I dont know what tweaks lordsith has made for battles,since it hasnt said anything.If he has he must make me know to remove this brans mod and test pure Imperial destroyer)
    What i like most about this mod is that is a)the fact that is difficult(extremely difficult) ,b)it has vdm vadants mod,the heart of ID c)is stable no suddent crashes d)campaign map is solid no steamrolls looks balanced among wars of the ai
    I divide the game in 5 parts:
    1)BAI
    LAND BATTLES
    a)HUMAN ATTACKS
    the most problems are here.Creative assembly has made many mistakes here IN BAi.when you attack an ai the game engines loads the faulty-hard coded scripts where ai forms faulty lines,units changes position a lot of times,artillery not used,cavalry wasted,isolated parked regiments behind walls,ai uses forces when you are very close,mostly it is as i describe i played yesterday a battle that was better ai was attacked had many guns firing at us and kept lines compact until i attacked.Seemed better and was not expected.I dont know what changed.Maybe the balance of power the map?i dont know.I dont know what you should do here to trick the ai use a better behaviour.wemust investigate that
    b)HUMAN GETS ATTACKED
    EXCELLENT ones nothing to change really,but the cheaty morale in Hard battles where ai dont break even having lost a lot of their numbers
    SIEGES
    when you attack
    good behaviour,even though in some sieges where you attack ai opens the gates to meet you.
    The plan here is to delay you as much as possible
    when you get attacked
    the plans here are 2.
    1)attack one gatehouse with all your infantry capture and instantly storm in with your cavalry to capture the flag
    2)destroy the walls with artillery, if have, and storm in
    In sieges where ai gets reneforcements from his nation or from another i saw troops arriving and getting in the flag area to help or some of them fired from the walls even from another nation,just amasing
    NAVAL BATTLES
    good ones except for the shooting from aboard that results in no casualities.INCREASE MARKMANSHIP FOR marines VERY MUCH NEEDED HERE

2)CAI
    its the way ai expands,attacks and invades.Its also the way it can defend its territory and the way it covers space.
    about the first one,as far as economy is concerned ai seems in the mood to build lots of buildings.in the military section ai seems very agressive against the human player.Lots of full stack armies are eager to attack you..
    About overseas expansions they have been limited.Ai seems stucked to attack only you.I miss te times where ai invaded from the sea to other ai's.
    About the defence of territory both in land and ports has problems.The seem to defend their ports very little while their response some times seems slow.Also i have seen a human amry has a small ground radius which means the ai can sneak around you and raid without your army being able to intercept.Increase this radius your army and navy can guard.
    The main problem here is that AI nations dont help you much.It seems like all against me sometimes.This problem also has to do with diplomacy too i will explain later

3)GOVERMENT
    In this section VDM rules the way.Very good behaviour.Athough i think sometimes income is low while ai seems to get very much.Perhaps lowering the troops price could make it.
    Conquered regions have way too many rebelions till they get nationalised.
    I recall in an old mod during a mistake in modding rakes to be able to sabotage army,its a very good option can you make that?

4)DIPLOMACY
    Many problems here.Most feautures have been removed and seems too empty.The only way a human player can survive is by selling techs to other nations.Some diplomatic propositions seem to save the day but diplomacy is way too stiff.No suggestions,they seem to betray you fast,my allies dont help me and ai never proposes trading something but for diplomatic money.I miss the region and military access trade and i hope ai becomes more flexible in offers.To be more specific an ai could ally more with enemies of its enemies or gain a positive stance when for example trades techs with a nation.

5)SUBSYSTEMS and other
    MORALE seems cheaty in hard battles
    FATIGUE seems not to work
    Missionaries work?
    some technology effects should be boosted
    all ships should trade, remove trade ships dont work
    protectorates still here?
    -gift substem may be relaunced with lower prices to lure an ai join you
    -prestige system could be used another way
    -vdm should be expanded if possible
    -Ambush in battles could be used another way
    -cannon x4 guns lower upkeep cost
    -for a strange reason i have selected the option to return all diplomatic options but when i select this VDM doesnt load properly.In order to make this work i have to reinstall vdm.The problem here is that the scripting lua files gets rewritten when you install vdm and i get no full diplomatic options
    -protectorates seem buggy but its the only way to make a nation follow you while keeping your back safe.
    -sometimes when i press the end turn button end doesnt end.Then i know that game will crash.sO I SAVE EXIT to main menu and end the end normally

I WILL UPDATE MY THOUGHTS

I keep getting corrupted saves around the 180 turn mark. Anyone else experiencing this?

Maybe you have overwritten your save file.
    Never ever overwrite a save game

I'm sure this has already been brought up before, but on most artillery the English text says for example "6_Iber_artillery_galloper" instead of "6-Iber Horse Artillery" or "24_Iber_land cannon" instead of "24-Iber Artillery"

It correct for some of the factions, but most aren't.

The infantry in a few of the factions have this issue as well. For example the British have units formatted "45-th Line Infantry" instead of "45th Line Infantry"